Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,502

Thrillho

I’ve been playing Cult of the Lamb since finishing GoW and having good fun with it.

The base building and cult management is quite good fun, and the “crusades” are a decent take on a Roguelite game.

My only criticism is that it feels really zoomed out when I’m combat so sometimes I lose where I am on screen and get hit by an enemy I didn’t even know was there.

Thrillho

Gamer83

Finally gave the RE 2 and 3 remakes a try since the upgrades are free. Actually pretty impressed with the graphical improvements although I'm now playing on a 4K monitor where as when I last played these games it was on a 1080p tv so that probably has more to do with it than anything Capcom did on its own. Still very fun games, happy to go through them again ahead of 4.

Gamer83

JoeyBudderz

Preordered Dead Space, cant effing wait!!

You may not like video games, but what I learned from them is this: no enemies in front of you means that you are going in the wrong way.

nessisonett

Yakuza 6 being 30FPS after so many games in a row that are silky smooth is rough.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

oliverp

Its interesting to read the posts. I hope everyone can keep up the fun and continue sharing. @Gamer83 Cool I have myself been on something of a Resident Evil kick lately. Most recently playing the RE2 remake. Now I must state I really like the game and thinking about playing some other games in series as well.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

nessisonett

I’ve actually been really enjoying Yakuza 6. The combat is a little stiff with the new engine but the story is a lot more grounded and I think that does help. Haruto is very very cute too and it’s fun to walk around holding him and taking selfies.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I found that the more streamlined game was a bit of a relief after the behemoths of Y4 and Y5, and it was good to focus on Kiryu again.

It was a shame that long-standing characters/areas/side activities got cut though, seemingly for time and money reasons.

It’s one of my favourite stories in the series though and I did enjoy the baseball set of substories in the game too.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Just seeing Pocket Circuit Fighter again was worth it 😂

Bentleyma

Took a break from Forspoken and played a little Genshin Impact. I’d prefer that it was a full price game without all the free-to-play faff. I really enjoy exploring the world and it’s one of the best looking games out there.

Untitled

I just find that all the free-to-play mechanics let the game down a bit.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma Good grief, that's a free-to-play game...?! But it's gorgeous!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger it is a gorgeous game. Probably one of my favourite looking games. The gameplay is fun too, so I do recommend that people try it, especially if you like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Bentleyma

MaulTsir

@Bentleyma @RogerRoger It is actually a really fun game, when it first came out I put about 40 hours into it, but the gacha system it what got to me in the end, if it was a stand alone game or even just a simple battle pass/item shop it would be so much better. Great art style, fun combat and exploration, similar to breath of the wild as Bent said but the way the game is set out it just made me feel like I was playing a mobile game(which I know it is).

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma how’re you finding Forspoken anyway… I’m guessing that the fact you’ve taken a break already that your view falls in line with the majority of the reviews?

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore I really enjoyed it. I finished it yesterday. I didn’t get the plat, but I managed to get 90% of the trophies. I don’t think it deserves all the hate it’s getting at all.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma that’s good to hear, as I always quite liked the look of it. I know reviews are one persons opinion etc. but I always used to find game reviews pretty accurate for the most part. These days though, even after reading 50 reviews of a game, I have little to no idea what to think.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma @MaulTsir Interesting, thanks for the expanded info! Considering the last (and only) free-to-play game I played on console was a creaky old port of an even older PC MMORPG, that screenshot was incredibly jarring to see associated with the model.

As much hate as the free-to-play model gets, I think it's good that there are decent, enjoyable examples out there for folks who simply can't afford to shell out for new games every couple months.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

As I finally cleared Dark Souls Remastered, I was looking for something a bit simpler and shorter. I don’t want to get into a deep long game since I might play Horwarts at launch. So I ended up on The Pathless.

I’m only about 2 hours into it. Just cleared the first area, and I’m finding it enjoyable, in a fresh indie sort of way. Interesting gameplay ideas and a charming aesthetic. I was hoping for a chill game and it’s a tad more difficult than I was expecting but it’s not too bad. The first boss fight wasn’t a pushover though and I thought to myself how glad I was I just finished Dark Souls and knew how to wear down a boss. 😅 It was actually harder than the final boss for Dark Souls 😆

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I really enjoyed my time with The Pathless. The bosses do get a bit easier as you get more powerful, although I would not class any of them as a push over either. The traversal and exploration is what did it for me though, and generally is quite a chill game to play.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution I also loved The Pathless. One of my favourite PS5 releases thus far, in fact. And that soundtrack…

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer @JohnnyShoulder I’ve sat on the game for far too long, scrolling past it on my media crossbar and playing other games. But it’s everything I was looking for as an different style of experience.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic