Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,117

RogerRoger

@Lavalera Even speaking as somebody who quite liked the stealth sections in Marvel's Spider-Man, I find myself nodding along with the conversation above, and can totally understand the criticism. That being said, I also wholeheartedly reinforce the positive vibes being shared about Miles Morales, and really hope you enjoy the game as a result! It'll make for a nice change for you, at least!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nomither6

@sorteddan that’s why arkham knight edges out spider-man . batmobile or hide and seek ?

nomither6

KilloWertz

Stray

I only got to play it for a little less than an hour tonight, but I'm really liking it so far. I think the decision to hold off a little while to play it to let the hype die down will end up paying off.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MaulTsir

@KilloWertz I literally just started it last night and also played about an hour, so far so good.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir @KilloWertz I’m curious how you guys end up getting along with Stray, since it seems I’m in the same boat — I really wasn’t as hyped as everyone else about the game, but as time has passed, I think I do want to try it out before my sub expires.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

Just started Syphon Filter 2 twice, as the game started in NTSC mode by default, and it was like I was playing the whole thing in slow motion. Gabe felt as though he was wading through treacle the entire time, in lead pants, but I figured it might've just been a "me" problem and finished the first level anyway. When I saw that the save menu was equally sluggish, however, I realised something was up and restarted in PAL mode. It's a vast improvement; silky smooth and with minimal ghosting. The only problem is that my previous NTSC save was (obviously) incompatible, so I had to start over. Oh well.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I thought it was the opposite, where the NTSC versions were higher frame rate (60 fps?) and the PAL were the sluggish ones. Perhaps it depends what region one lives in?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Not sure. I do know that our DVDs run a little faster than yours, and that the sound comes out at a slightly higher pitch as a result, so maybe it's got something to do with that? The PAL version is definitely the better of the two, though, because it opens with a "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" screen, unlike the NTSC version, so it's not a mislabel on Sony's part or anything.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution wrote:

@RogerRoger I thought it was the opposite, where the NTSC versions were higher frame rate (60 fps?) and the PAL were the sluggish ones.

Yep, this is what I've always heard too.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, I'm just callin' what I see. I've been back on and I'm definitely playing the PAL version, with its additional "Sony Computer Entertainment Europe" screen at the start. Its in-game menus and gameplay run significantly faster than the default NTSC version.

So maybe it is Sony's screw-up, then. All I know is that I played Syphon Filter 2 as a PSone Classic on my PS3 back in January, and the PS5's PAL version is comparable to that experience, in terms of fluidity and input. The NTSC version immediately felt slow, sluggish and "off" to me. I'll boot my PS3 back up at some point, and check whether that ol' PSone Classic says SCEE or SCEA on its opening logo (because regardless of your actual region, those PS3 downloads were always a crapshoot).

Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

Just finished LoU2. Overall a great game, but horrible ending. There were so many opportunities to make a better ending that it left me disappointed. Not sure how to leave spoiler tags so I won't go into details. Not sure what to play next as I'm impatiently waiting for Pathfinder wotr to come out on the 29th. I might jump into CK3 and see if I can become the king of the north.

Elodin

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'll bow to your superior knowledge from your vastly more seasoned experience.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good grief, I came across like a total spanner in that reply yesterday. Sorry about that!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No worries, and none offence taken!

sorteddan

@Elodin
just put [spolier.] before what you want to hide and [/spoiler.] at the end (but without the full stops) and it should work

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

I tried the Wo Long demo and… wow, you really die quick in this game, don’t you?

Voltan

CJD87

@Voltan Snap!

I have a confession on Wo Long though... I actually don't love this game anywhere near as I expected to. I got the Nioh(1) platinum a few months back, and genuinely enjoyed that game so much. Probably the tightest/best/fluid combat I have ever experienced in a game. Not without its faults, especially level design and enemy variety, ultimately though Nioh was a pretty epic experience.... and the boss fights and build variety is brilliant.

Wo Long though.... maybe I just need to 'git guderer' but it is just not clicking with me. The game seems to want to encourage parrying/deflecting, but the window for achieving this is so so slim it makes Sekiro's parry window look generous! Also the mechanics feel a bit clunky, especially with Circle being both dodge/parry. The mini bosses (tiger/bird) feel incredibly punishing when taken on solo, but then ridiculously easy/trivial when you summon!

I appreciate this is just a demo, and also think its great that Team Ninja are requesting player feedback. I just feel like TN have maybe neglected what made Nioh series so awesome (combat!) and then you're left with sub-par design.

Perhaps an 'expectations' issue, due to loving Nioh so much I maybe just hoped/wished for a lot more than given! I actually enjoyed Thymesia more than this demo...

How are you finding it in general?

CJD87

KilloWertz

Has anyone tried the Star Ocean demo? I have it downloaded, but haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@KilloWertz I tried it. I'm mildly positive about it.

It's clearly visible that it has a lesser budget, the character models animations look like ps3 era, the environments on the other hand look pretty good though. The world is like Tales of Arise, so not completely open world, but basically large instanced zones.

The combat is also like Tales of Arise, you have an Attack point bar which automatically fills over time and all actions you do take attack points. You can freely switch between the party members, so when you are out of AP you can just switch to another party member and fight some more. The combat in the demo is pretty simple with all party members basically doing basic attacks , but that seems to get better the further you level up if i look at the skill tree.

The biggest downside is you need a magnifiying glass to read anything on the screen, the letters from the UI, quest descriptions and subtitles are so small they are barely readable and we can not adjust their size.

If you can look through the older graphics and the small ui text, there is an enjoyable action rpg there. I haven't played another Sky Ocean game so i can't say how it compares to the other games. From what i've played i feel it doesn't have the same polish as lets say Tales of Arise (havent played XC3 so can't compare it to that) , so i think it is going to be very divisive what people think about it. I am waiting for the reviews to see how the rest of the game is, if the game is good enough i can easily forgive the unreadable text and lower graphics, if not ill just wait for a deep sale.

PSNid: Lavalera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic