Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,061 to 2,080 of 3,502

MaulTsir

@Th3solution I'm actually looking forward to starting Returnal, I wasn't that bothered by it when it first released but seeing alot of stuff about it and playing games like Demon's Soul's lately has peaked my interest!

I'd definitely be up for some co-op mate just gotta get them stars to align again 🤣

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Cheers for tagging me with your Avengers thoughts, and sorry for the delayed response to what was, and is, a very helpful breakdown from a like-minded friend.

It sounds like there's something worthwhile buried in there, but that getting to it requires wading through the quagmire we'd all been nervous about, and I'm sorry to see that they've made the single player campaign so obscure in amongst a mess of microtransaction-infested menu options. It's such a shame that the most obvious thing to try first ended up spoiling the story for you; that speaks volumes about the developer's priorities, both at launch and going forward.

But it's also pleasing to see that, even after such a setback, you're finding the fun, at least in terms of the storyline, its characters, and the whole "Marvel-ness" of it all. I don't blame you for thinking you'll drop it pretty quickly after the credits have rolled, though. The rest of the game sounds like a nightmare.

Weirdly enough, I'm kinda glad I didn't get it for £15 now. Based on your experience, I think I'll save my pennies and wait 'til it's either £5.99 or somehow free-to-play to me. For taking the bullet, I thank you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

I just started Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous. This game has the most expansive character creation choice in any game I've ever played. With 25 different starting classes, 161 subclasses, and 13 mythic classes you can change into mid-game, I would be frozen in the land of character creation if it wasn't for me reading up on the game before it came out. I'm going full Oracle and down the road Angel mythic path on this play through as I generally go good first play through and evil second if I like it enough. Anyone else giving this a go?

Elodin

KilloWertz

The Last of Us Part 1

After playing the remastered version on PS4, I highly enjoyed the story, but was somewhat underwhelmed by the gameplay. So, obviously I liked it, but never regarded it as one of the best games when it came out. Even though the gameplay is basically the same, I seem to be enjoying it more this time around. At least so far, as I'm only a couple of hours in.

I've heavily criticized the release, but I will say it obviously looks gorgeous. It's right up there with Horizon Forbidden West as the best looking game I've ever played. Sometimes the animations when turning are still the typical Naughty Dog weirdness where the character doesn't turn for a second or two, but otherwise they did do a great job with rebuilding it graphically for the PS5. No pun intended, but I hope the gameplay clicks with me better this time around.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MaccaMUFC

After finishing Horizon Zero Dawn last week I’ve now already got stuck into another open-world game, Days Gone. I’m absolutely loving it so far, I’ve barely made any progression with the main story in the Cascade region as I’m just exploring uncovering the map and taking out infestations, ambush camps and NERO checkpoints/research sites.

It’s a great game and I know I’ll be gutted once it’s finished as I know Sony never green lit for Bend Studio to start work on a sequel. What a waste.

MaccaMUFC

colonelkilgore

@MaccaMUFC I’m with you dude, I absolutely loved my time with Days Gone. The good news is for people like us with whom it clicks is that a) it just ‘plays’ better and better as your character progresses (gunplay and bike handling improvements etc as you level up) and b) there is a lot of game there, so while there’ll be no sequel, you’re at the very least set for a while yet. Enjoy!

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

@MaccaMUFC I loved Days Gone, I aged it 2 years after release so didn't have none of the bad experience some others had with the launch so I thought is was a really good game. Enjoy it mate

MaulTsir

MightyDemon82

30 hours into Trails of Cold Steel 2 and still on Act 1. Some truly great moments happen in this series. Can't wait to see what happens now that class VII has been reunited!

MightyDemon82

colonelkilgore

So probably between 10 and 15 hours into Tales of Arise and I’m enjoying it to be sure… but it’s not ‘quite’ what I was expecting or hoping. Don’t know if it’ll ‘open’ up a bit at some point but it currently feels a bit rigid and surprisingly linear.

The combat is cool though, not my usual brand but fun nonetheless. The anime story and characters are pretty decent too and the overall aesthetic is pretty attractive. I think I was just expecting it too be a bit more open-ended/open-world. I’m gonna push on regardless… and reckon that I’ll be left with far more positives than negatives by the time I’m done.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore These kind of games are usually refered to as open zoned. Basically a mix between linear gameplay where the zones outside of the city are still bordered off, but you can move freely within those zones and do what you want there. The story is pretty linear in most ways, the side quests, farming for items or levels is what makes you go back to those zones. It doesn't really change in the game further on, well sometimes for side quests you go back to zones you visited before, but it will never be fully open/.

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera yeah… it actually reminds me of the first two Dragon Age games (I’m yet to play Inquisition so don’t know how similar/different that was). Obviously Tales… is an action JRPG and DA is a western RPG… but I’ve found them surprisingly similar in terms of pretty linear areas with little scope to actually explore and interact.

As I said though, I’m still enjoying it & enjoyed the first couple of DA games (particularly Origins) but I just think the zone-by-zone world (with each zone also feeling very linear) just leaves me a little cold personally. The combat encounters will keep my interest though I have no doubt.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Without wanting to spoil anything, I think (and hope) DA: Inquisition will impress you, with regards to your current discussion.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well colour me intrigued! It seems that I may have started the wrong game. Oh well, you pays your money and takes your choices etc.

I’ll certainly get around to it… and your little nugget there will only serve to make that all the sooner I’d imagine 👊

**** DLC!

MikeOrator

Well typically for me I stopped playing Death Loop as it was too "Shooty" and "Killy" for me after the amazing Yakuza 0. So, I went with a game that I normally would not choose to play...Spiritfarer...and when I say it scratches all the right itches in my game brain I would not be exaggerating.

From the resource collection to the mini-games, to the crafting and cooking and all the way to the boat layout management it's all so good. Throw in a spoonful of exploration, a dash of Metroid-like ability progression, and then sprinkle that with grownup themes of loss, regret and death and you have a fantastic game for between big tent pole games.

Try it out if you haven't already as it's worth an afternoon of your time to get to know it.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

colonelkilgore

I’m thinking that JRPG’s (party based) is a real blind spot in my skills-base. I remember finding the platinum for Final Fantasy VII Remake far more difficult than a lot of people… and while I’ve felt pretty un-taxed by Tales of Arise on the whole, I just really (like really) struggled to beat Almeidria.

Great boss battle though, I’m just glad I picked Normal difficulty at the start 😅

**** DLC!

mesamessina

does anyone have Far Cry 6 and could help me get a trophy real quick? 😅

mesamessina

MightyDemon82

Just started act 2 of ToCS currently at 32 hours really enjoying this one!

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@colonelkilgore The one thing I didn't like that much about ToA's battle system was that there isn't really any reason to switch between characters at any point, even though they are all pretty unique. The only time I used anyone otherr than Alphen was for the character-specific arena fights (because trophies).
Other than that you just need to know which character's ability is used against which enemy attack and trigger them at the right times.

Voltan

nessisonett

I went back to AC Valhalla to play the DLC. So far, I’ve finished the Ireland one which was pretty decent. It was obviously lifted by the fact it’s nice to just roam about the beautiful landscapes and it added some much-needed representation of Gaeilge. It was odd that Eivor tripped balls and fought werewolves for most of it though. Who knows what that was all about. I’m currently checking out the roguelite mode that was added for free, which is actually quite fun. It’s like a really high budget version of an indie hack and slash roguelite from 2015.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic