Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 861 to 880 of 2,757

phil_j

Beat Biome 6 last night . Got to love the Hollowseeker with Portal Beam II...
I think it was my 2nd or 3rd attempt at that boss, but way more than a few attempts at getting there. There is something in the room with the key, that absolutely destroys me everytime. Has anyone else had that? I finally managed to escape with the key by just running away. Unlocking the vault with a slither of health left, so I didn't need to go there the next time.

35 hours and 48 deaths I think my current total is. Still loving this game, so looking forward to going back through all the biomes with all the exploration tools.

phil_j

Thrillho

@phil_j Congrats! I found it a bit strange going back to the other areas after biome 6 as I got so used to the massive jumps you can do in that one.

Thrillho

Voltan

@phil_j I did the exact same when getting the boss key there. Died right after getting the key the first time (so I had to get it again) and barely lived the second, so I didn’t really stand a chance against the boss - got him next time though.

Voltan

phil_j

@Voltan Did you ever go in that room again? I hope there's no survey stuff in there. I'm too scared to go back in.

phil_j

Voltan

@phil_j Hell no But I think the worst part is actually the bridge right before it

Voltan

phil_j

@Voltan I died dashing off the side of platforms in biome 6 more times than I care to admit.
I'm kind of looking forward to watching the speedrun videos now I've finished the main parts. To see just how bad I am!

phil_j

Scratchy_Seal

Well time to check that ending article from a while back! Finally beat act 3... any thing that increases max integrity with malfunctions or parasites is so helpful. So close to beating biome 6 boss with no hits but took a couple right at the end of the last bar.

Hollowseeker with serrated, portal beam and turret beam - absolutely disgusting!

@phil_j I have only the echoing ruins trophy which seems to be 5e easiest for most. I see people mentioning scout log number 9 but I must’ve got lucky because I have that. Missing only 10 and 44. 14 ciphers to find though I think so this’ll be fun!

@voltan - that was super clean in dealing with Nemesis!

Scratchy_Seal

render

@phil_j Well done and another good performance. Same happened to me in that room though, in fact the bridge before got me down on health a bit and the thing in the room finished me off. I'd grabbed the key before and had used the reconstructor so when I came back and looked through my inventory and not seeing the key in there I trudged all the way back there. When I got there I found that I'd actually killed the thing at the same time it had killed me so it was just an empty room, no key either. Turned out I had got the key as when I got back to the boss door it just opened, so kinda should of checked that first.

There's a couple of really great bonus rooms on 6 where they have some goodies up on the platforms and a ton of laser action. I have a quick look in and just turn and run away 😆

render

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal The thing about Scout Log 9 is that apparently it's much easier to get if you do enough runs of biome 1 before getting to Act 2. Once you beat the game (and get the orb-platform thingy), the generator seems to favor different rooms. I did find the rot lobber eventually though, so I'll find the log as well, I'm sure
10 was another one I was missing but I found it already. I have one other missing in the Citadel and some in Act 2, probably mostly in the ice level, since I haven't been there much. Trying to clear the first 3 biomes first though.

Voltan

render

@Scratchy_Seal Hey awesome work, I did that again yesterday to complete act 3 and still got hit way more times than I would have liked.

I also love that Holllowseeker combo, though I also like a fully kitted out Electropylon Driver for hitting elites quickly and getting clear.

I read through that article and there's some interesting info in there.

render

Voltan

@render Haha, I always just "nope" out of those rooms as well
Cleared one once, wasn't worth it

Voltan

Voltan

I watched a video about all ciphers in the Crimson Wastes and I'm not too sure I'm missing any of those... I'm not sure about one but it says it's common and I've run through the wastes a bunch of times already. What's worrying me is that the video says one of them has a glitch and might not count towards the goal an then you're screwed. I definitely got that one but I'm not sure whether it counted or not.
Buuuut I'm also not 100% sure I've beaten the challenge room in the wastes so I'll try that on my next run.

edit: ah, ok - that room I'm not sure about is marked as common but on the lower probability side of common (author approximates it as 1 in 10 runs) - so there's a chance I indeed haven't seen that one yet. Feeling optimistic again

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Voltan It's worth a shot to see if that pops the trophy. I only know for sure that I've done the challenge rooms in 1, 4, 5 and 6 so might have the other two to do.

I was on the Housemarque discord again to see if they've got any patches incoming and there's nothing mentioned. There's a story spoilers thread though so had a quick read through that. There's plenty of different theories being thrown out there but someone mentioned this great quote from Gregory Louden the Narrative Director at Housemarque:

I think they pretty much hit that nail on the head.

render

Voltan

Citadel Survey complete!

I adopted a new tactic. Currently disregarding scout log 9, I go to Crimson Wastes asap, use the boss portal and then the other portal to the previous area, and run past the Severed. The room I'm currently looking for is either the next one or it's not there - in which case I run back and go to the citadel (except I can skip this step now).

Edit: Yusss Crimson Wastes survey complete as well!

Edit 2: I’m on a roll. Echoing Ruins done.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Voltan Was it the challenge room you were missing for the Crimson Wastes?

render

Voltan

@render Nope, it was the cipher I wasn’t sure about. I’m glad I consulted that video guide because it told me it’s always one of the last rooms before the summit teleport and I did in fact find it by going straight to the top and then teleporting backwards. Otherwise I’d literally have to go through the whole biome.

Had to suspend the run for later but in Fractured Wastes I already found 2 scout logs. This was my least explored biome after Crimson Wastes.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Please update, fix trophies for my own sanity 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@Voltan Perhaps the online scouts thing is going to make a returnal 😁

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic