Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,757

Voltan

I wonder if any other cipher counters are bugged because I’m missing 2 now (one in 5 and one in 6) but the glyph after the final boss says 89/90…
Other than that I need one scout log in 5… and no. 9 of course 😉

Voltan

JigsawPieces

The on-console news feed says it's an update "containing bug fixes", on the 20th.

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

JigsawPieces

Oh and I've got scout log no. 9 — that must be the only way I'm ahead in this game! 😂

JigsawPieces

Thrillho

Has anyone else had the sound go crazy on the game and just “explode”?

I’ve had it a few times now when an enemy fires a load of orbs near me that the sound goes incredibly loud and glitchy but tonight it did it and then the game lost all sound through the headphones or TV. The loud noise is also horrendous through the headphones.

It was quite annoying as I’ve not got fragments 4 and 5 but the sound went on 6 and it made it pretty hard to play and I eventually got killed 😕

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho yeah, that happened to me a few times. Always went away in the next room, luckily.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

Biome 5 complete.
All that’s left is one cipher in 6 and log 9

Voltan

render

@Thrillho I’ve not had that but I’m sure I’ve read that it’s a combination of weapon, place and 3D audio. It might be the hollowseeker that causes it. Hopefully another thing fixed by this incoming patch.

render

render

@Voltan You really are motoring on. I went through 1 - 3 and found 3 or 4 cyphers and unlocked a weapon trait or two. Then I found one of those “nope” rooms in 3 that I’d never seen before and as I was going to turn it off anyway thought I’d give it a go. You can guess the outcome 😂

render

Voltan

Aaand I died.
Enough for today. Tomorrow I’m gonna look up ciphers in 6, see if I recognize anything (it helped in 2). Hopefully I find out it’s something that spawns rarely but always in the very first room or something 😂

Voltan

Thrillho

@render It does seem to be when I have the Hollowseeker (but then again, that is my go to weapon) but last night I wasn’t even firing it. I was just worried it had blown my headphones to start with!

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho I’m 90% sure I didn’t have a Hollowseeker the first time it happened to me.

Voltan

JigsawPieces

@Voltan @Thrillho It's only happened to me once so far, when I ran into one of the spheres that fires masses of bullets in biome 3 (I've met them other times without it happening). I don't think I had a Hollowseeker then. Frightened the cat! Hopefully it's something they'll fix in the update.

JigsawPieces

roe

Yeah happened to me yesterday and freaked me right out even though I'd read about people having that bug.

I quickly scrambled for the remote and even then lowering the volume didn't seem to do much to stop the awful tone

I ended up just quitting the game. Was in the middle of a daily challenge so a bit gutted about potentially losing 5 ether but whatever.

roe

Voltan

I'm playing with 250 Ohm headphones plugged into the controller myself - they're pretty good at taking that kind of abuse. It is an annoying sound though

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

katamariUK

I get that sound glitch quite a lot since the last patch. I think I always have the Hollowseeker and it mostly occurs on Biome 6, but I have had it elsewhere too. It's really loud and can hurt your ears, so hopefully they fix it soon.
Has anyone else noticed that since the last update, the weapon you can pick up just before any boss is now always a pistol? I am pretty sure I used to find any random weapon type in those spots when the game first launched, but now 100% of the time I find a pistol.

Game dev.

roe

@katamariUK I don't think it's ever been a random weapon. It was an upgraded pistol every time I looked for it. The only reason I think they put it there is to slightly help anyone that wanted to run straight to the boss fight (if they manage to do that)

roe

Voltan

@katamariUK It’s always been the sidearm only.
And the sound glitch definitely happened to me before and after the latest patch

Voltan

render

@katamariUK @roe It's definitely always been a pistol and I've taken it as a "go on, you know you don't need that fancy gun" kind of thing 😆

So perhaps the sound issue isn't just caused by the hollowseeker then. I guess all you guys having the sound problems are using headphones though? I've never had the problem but 90% of my play is just TV speakers.

render

katamariUK

@render @Voltan @roe. Weird, I could have sworn in my early plays I picked up other weapon types at that spot. I rarely, if ever, pick up the Sidearm.
Yep, I am always using headphones plugged straight into my controller for the 3D sound. Bose QC35 II headphones.

Game dev.

Voltan

@render Yup, it only happened with headphones to me (which I use most of the time) but I do believe I saw someone mention it happening with speakers too so I dunno 😉

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic