Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,414

Voltan

Another long run, 3 ciphers in Crimson Wastes, 1 in the Citadel (only 1 left now), still no scout log 9. Entire thing exclusively with Rotgland Lobbers (3 of them total), including a pretty quick fight with Nemesis.
Will do another one of these later today.

@PossibLeigh Get through the initial section to the place with some watcher eyes. Then instead of entering the tower (main path), make a hard left/right (depending on map layout) and go straight to the drawbridge (which is now always extended). The fragment is underwater just as you enter the building on the other side of the bridge, before the xeno archive.

Voltan

Thrillho

I managed to get the fragments in biome 1 and 2 really quickly on one run but haven’t found the third one yet. Hopefully your advice helps @voltan !

One thing I’ve only really found since starting act III is just how good the melee attack is. I was barely using it before but it cuts through small enemies in the early biomes in one go and two hits frequently takes out the big enemies once they’re stunned.

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho If you want to know where I found the 3rd, check out the spoiler tag above. I haven't seen anyone mention a different location.

Voltan

render

@Thrillho The melee attack is great. It’s great when you get things closing in around you as you can quickly take a few smaller enemies out in one go.

@Voltan @nessisonett Is the fragment on 6 in an obvious place? I thought as I got the others without too much work that I’d easily come across that one.

I was going through the research screen last night and it’s amazing how many kills you have to get on things to get 100%.

render

Voltan

@render That was the only one that I'm pretty sure wasn't there at all when I did my first Act 3 run of the Scar. It's not too hard to find when it is there though, I got it on the next.

Voltan

nessisonett

@render I’ve only found fragment 6 once in about 9 runs now. And that was the time it crashed.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

render

@Voltan @nessisonett Will have another look later. Cheers guys.

Really unlucky with that crash though @nessisonett. It hurts most when you’ve put a lot of time in and got a permanent item.

I got the wrist watch at the house sequence just before the crash I had when I restored from the cloud. When I replayed that bit the next day it just said item unlocked but the watch wasn’t there for me to pick up. Luckily the other day it turned up somewhere else, might have been from a data cube. I thought I’d probably never see it again though.

render

nessisonett

I seem to have found another weapon. Some shredder thing. It’s alright. Somehow managed to completely miss it before now.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nessisonett

Got the secret ending there.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Noooooo, spoilers!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@nessisonett You weren't the only one. I'd seen it many times but hadn't worked out how to get up there. That completes my set.

Also got the last fragment last night but didn't appreciate how you unlock the secret ending. It was too late so I'll maybe do that later.

@Thrillho That platinum is surely going to be a chore if you don't know when stuff is going to appear. I wonder if they will change the randomiser a bit to allow it to spawn stuff you're missing more often. Maybe scout log #9 will be mine after all 😂

render

katamariUK

I finished Act 3 last week and now am trying to get the Platinum, which is proving to be somewhat slow. These survey trophies are a pain as I am not sure if the completion cards in the PS5 UI are accurate or not for all of them.
I finally found Scout Log 9 in the first Biome yesterday and that progress was at 99%, so good there. However, for some of the other Biomes they show around 85% complete, but I have every Cypher Glyph and Scout Log in the game. I I have translated every Rune thingy I ever came across, so unless some are really well hidden, I am unsure what else to do. Does anyone know what else adds to this percentage?

Game dev.

Voltan

@katamariUK Not sure about the activity cards but you definitely need to interact with every hologram in the xeno archives (which was most likely not possible when you were there for the first time) - you should be able to check if you're missing any in your databank.
I'm not aware of any other requirements.

Voltan

katamariUK

@Voltan Yep, I got all the archive holograms in every Biome some time ago. I'm wondering if you have to get the data cubes or other items?

Game dev.

render

@katamariUK Good find 👍. I quite enjoy those challenge rooms when I get a good build, although I did get killed in one the other day so goes to show that there's always room for improvement.

render

PossibLeigh

@Voltan Thanks for that. I'll give it a go once I regain some enthusiasm.

PossibLeigh

Scratchy_Seal

@nessisonett can’t believe the luck you’re having with crashes!

Mother-in-Law has been staying the last few nights so I’ve not been on and very much looking forward to finding that 6th fragment tonight...although after a couple of failed attempts and reports of people not getting the RnG from multiple tries I’ll not hold out too much hope!

Scratchy_Seal

katamariUK

@Scratchy_Seal Not sure if it helps, but I found the sixth fragment in the exact same spot in two different runs on two different days. I didn't collect it the first time to see if it does indeed spawn at fixed locations and it did do that, for me at least.
Towards the end of the 6th biome before you shoot the blue floating orbs then drop down to the last areas before the boss, I went left (if the final drop is straight ahead). There was nothing on the map but there was an area here with some floating platforms. It's kind of a small vertical weird layout area with a chest on the lowest platform and a blue orb you need to shoot in order to get to the higher platform. On this higher platform is a data cube and the 6th fragment next to a body.

Game dev.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic