Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,400

nessisonett

Think I’m done with the game for now. Biome 3 is a big step down from the first two. In the first two, I couldn’t wait to get to the boss again. I don’t really feel like that with the third one, mostly because the path to get there is an absolute nightmare filled with the most annoying enemies and far too many traps. Do we really need to climb the control tower every single time? Is that necessary? Just put a portal in like Biome 2.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Scratchy_Seal

@nessisonett I may be wrong but I thought that once you’ve unlocked the bridge you don’t have to do all that to get to Nemesis. I honestly thought I hit a wall at biome 3 but so glad I persevered.

And yeah you’ll still be given level one traits early on even if you’ve unlocked level twos

All subjective I guess but the lobber is so good in my opinion. With the right traits it absolutely devastates.

@voltan The shredder...is it just me or that weapon awful? I must have doing the second playthrough with my eyes closed because I found the first two items no problem last night.

Scratchy_Seal

render

@nessisonett @Scratchy_Seal is right, once you’ve unlocked the bridge you don’t have to do it again. I know because I got killed the first time after unlocking the bridge but before getting to the boss. Next time I went to the trouble of going all the way up to the control tower only to find that it was already active and all that was there was the translocator. I then went over the bridge and got taken out by some drones, so you are right about the annoying enemies 🤣.

It’s totally worth persevering with though as the boss fight is awesome but there is still some work to do to get to it. Just remember the grapple points are your friends.

render

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal It does good damage when charged up but it’s pretty useless when there’s a swarm of enemies. I’m gonna go ahead and guess that changes once you unlock several traits but I never had the patience to do it.
As for Act 3 items - I found 2 on my very first run (right after beating Act 2, that is) and would’ve got the 3rd much faster if I knew it was where it was but I refuse to look it up. If the rest are found as easily, getting the other ending shouldn’t take too long.

Voltan

Scratchy_Seal

@Voltan yeah fair, I won’t look anything up until act 3 complete then I’ll happily start digging around. Only yesterday did I work out how to get through the yellow barriers...there’s me thinking I’m going to unlock something towards the end of the game that will get me through! 🙄

Re the shredder yeah I agree, I am the same with the ‘dread bound?’ Not sure if that’s what it’s called. Decided to stick with it and unlock some traits to see if it helps and damn that gun slays against big/stationary baddies!

Scratchy_Seal

render

@Scratchy_Seal There's still things I find that I can't believe I didn't realise until now. I was playing a daily challenge the other day and was trying to work out how to maximise points on it. There were a lot of obolites up high on platforms that you'd normally need the grappler for but I suddenly realised that you can actually use those tentacle things that hang from the ceiling to get you up there and then just dash when you are level with the platform. Worked a treat.

render

Thrillho

Biome 2; I still hate archonacts..

The big open area also means I can no longer hide behind doors 😬

Thrillho

JigsawPieces

@Thrillho What seemed to work for me yesterday was trying to adapt to being in a bigger, open space by keeping much more distance (and keeping moving). But I also had a better gun, so it might have been that that helped

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

PossibLeigh

@Scratchy_Seal Haha, I also assumed the yellow Barriers are bypassed with a later bit of equipment, but now I'm intrigued!

Please don't tell me though.

PossibLeigh

Voltan

@PossibLeigh @Scratchy_Seal Somehow I always knew hot to open them but I rarely get the thing needed.
On a related note - an artifact that gave me a 25% chance to break shields with regular shots was a real game changer for me last night. Unfortunately it didn't work on the yellow barriers

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

PossibLeigh

@render Nightmare Grimm is definitely, well, a nightmare! I need to go back and finish that game before Silksong comes out.

PossibLeigh

nessisonett

@Scratchy_Seal @render Yeah, the (admittedly missable) bridge is there, the problem is that the path from the bridge up that tower is filled with traps and almost zero loot. So either you have to explore the other section of the biome and then inevitably take too much damage going up the final section, or you run to the boss with basically nothing on you, only to die on the way up anyway. I’m beginning to think that it’s better to just go to biome 2 first to build myself up.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Scratchy_Seal

@nessisonett ahhh, I did a run earlier and you’re so right! Sorry, no avoiding the tower!

I like to build up in 1, do the first half of 2 bypassing going inside and then heading straight to 3. Should be well equipped by then if the RnG Gods have blessed you!

Good luck!

Scratchy_Seal

render

@Scratchy_Seal @nessisonett That's exactly what I did as I'm not good enough to take 3 on without having done 1 and 2 first. Every time I tried to skip 2 I'd end up regretting it. I'm sure there are lots of people out there that can happily do that but not me.

Doing that bit of biome 3 though just from the bridge to the boss I'm sure I got killed 5 times. Once on the bridge on the way over (drones), twice on the way up to the boss, and twice by the actual boss. I'm definitely a slow learner but once I'd sussed out that stairs section with using the grapples then it made it a lot more bearable. I lost way more lives on 3 before even getting to that point through those drone things and whatnot so actually I think that bit ended up being one of the better sections for me.

render

Thrillho

@JigsawPieces Yeah, I'm just on a run with a Hollowseeker that has the waves and shrapnel upgrades which has made quite the difference. The wave ability does hefty damage so most enemies haven't been a problem; I ever beat the sentinel on that run in next to no time having died there previously.

Thrillho

velio84

I played for a bit last night, but without any goals as I had little time and wouldn't take on Nemesis anyway. On 1 of the runs in Biome 1, I got the boss door relatively close to Helios. So I decided to give a go at Phryke just for fun. Went there with 2/3 of my health and level 0 pistol.
I couldn't beat him but managed to get him to 1/3 of his health in the 3rd round. I know people can get him without even taking damage, but I was quite pleased with that achievement

velio84

render

@velio84 That is good. I went back for a second go at one point and managed to beat it but not anywhere near as well as I should have done considering. I'm going to really have to give the pistol a go on some of the bosses when I get the chance.

render

nessisonett

Finally beat Act 1 there. Played the whole way through the first two biomes instead of a shortcut and ended up with a build that reduced alt-fire cooldowns by a whole lot while using the rocket launcher. Didn’t take a hit the first two phases of Nemesis but ended up using 2 of my 3 vials on the third phase.

The trophy for beating Nemesis didn’t pop. Fantastic.

Edited on by nessisonett

render

@nessisonett Ah that's annoying. Guess you will have to come back and give it another go when you've finished the game? That's if you get there and fancy doing the platinum. I know that works from having a look on their discord as a lot of people have managed to get the boss trophies that way.

It's great when you get a good build though, it's just getting lucky with the items. I like that aspect of the game as sometimes you get nothing and other times get everything.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic