Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,757

Voltan

Found the 4th sun face fragment, then went into a secret room with a malformed big guy with it and died. Still a good run even if it lasted 10 minutes

Voltan

Splat

Finally took down the second boss. He was giving me fits. I was in a zone this time tho lol. He didn't even hit me till he was almost dead.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

JigsawPieces

@Thrillho Similar here - I just got to the second boss for the first time, too, and I also had the reconstructor primed to throw me back in. I only made it to the second wave though, the bit where he starts swooping about threw me completely .. never knew where he was coming from!

Edited on by JigsawPieces

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

Scratchy_Seal

@Voltan nice. I picked up the 4th today and had a couple of attempts at the 5th but did not make a dent in the 5th biome this time round. Chipping away at the traits is a positive though I guess.

I also take back what I said about the shredder now!

Also feel that the Returnal ending article is a little premature since the majority here are still cracking through. Give us another week guys!

Scratchy_Seal

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal I got the 5th too. It's in a very specific place (marking as spoiler in case you don't want to know)
When you enter the center room, go straight through the red door to a room with a sarcofago. Shoot the orb and the fragment will be on a platform. You literally don't need to do biome 5 at all (unless the placement is random, idk).
Didn't find the 6th though, so instead I killed the final boss again, this time ending with full health despite not starting with full health lol.

Also: Rocket launcher with Full Auto is not the same weapon it is without it, but Hollowseeker is still king in the Abyss.

Oh, and I'm NOT reading the article until I get the other ending

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

render

@Thrillho I never found taking the short cut worked out for me but doesn’t mean it can’t work for some people. I think going through 1 and 2 first gave me not only a lot more goodies to use but also game me some confidence in how I was playing. The reconstructors I’ve found a bit of a mixed blessing as well as it’s great to come back with most of your gear but then you’ve usually used your consumables and you don’t get those back.

@Scratchy_Seal Damn right about the ending article, can’t believe it’s just sitting there on the front page waiting to spoil it for a lot of us 😬

render

Nei

I made it to the 6th (?) Biome or should we call it 5th - part two? I found the 5th biome beautiful but insanely difficult 😣 I made my way through it shooting red vines behind closed doors, basically. The beginning of the new zone doesn’t seem as hard, thankfully but I’ll explore tomorrow! Wish me luck!

@Voltan any weapon recommendations? I am basically a klutz.

@Scratchy_Seal I am not going near that article until I am done!

@Thrillho I think Ixion has been the most insane fight for now- it seemed such a difficult spike for the time I faced him!

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Voltan

@Feena I’m sure there are multiple other options but Hollowseeker with the portal beam seems to consistently be my best pick in the Scar.
Also, the daily challenge had the Rotgland Lobber and while that needs some more careful aiming, the damage was INSANE.
Unfortunately that’s the gun that I never unlocked 😉

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Went for the disk version in the end as I remembered I've been a bit hot and cold with the Rogue-lites I've played, so at least this way I can trade it in if I don't like it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Nei

@Voltan thank you! I really like that combination as well - I hope I come across one! 🤞🏻

@JohnnyShoulder good thinking! The roguelike elements are definitely there but it’s more the calculated risk and the challenge than the overall feel imho - let us know what you think

Edited on by Nei

render

Well I feel both unlucky and lucky tonight at the same time. Went out to get back to the scar and had the game crash on me in the second room. Managed to get back to the home screen and closed the game. Started it again and played for an hour and a half. In that time I had collected quite a bit on 4 including unlocking two data cubes and a weapon trait for the carbine, as well as doing another house sequence and getting an item from that. Eventually got killed by a sword wielding dude spamming me with purple lasers so gave up for the evening.

As soon as I choose shutdown the console hangs. I waited a bit and the tried the button on the front and eventually had to remove the power. On loading back up again I went through the usual repairing messages and then loaded up the game only to be told that my save was corrupted and that a backup had been restored. Checked it out and it had lost all the progress I made getting to the scar. I was about to cry when I thought id just check the cloud save and amazingly it was from yesterday night just after I’d died in the scar.

I’ve restored that save and luckily it is after all that work yesterday. I’ve lost that bit of progress from today but hey it’s not the end of the world. Weird thing is where did it get the save that it restored from in the first instance? I wonder if there’s a save backup made on the local storage that you aren’t allowed to access normally? Anyway just thought I’d share my relief. I was not looking forward to gathering those keys again 😂

render

omarsolom84

Hey guys, if possible, can someone send me a save file right after defeating Nemesis (in 3rd biome)? which the game starts from biome 4.
my e-mail is [email protected]

omarsolom84

nessisonett

@omarsolom84 I don’t think there’s any way of sharing save files on PS5. Your only way of backing up and restoring save files is through the PS Plus cloud and that’s tied to your account.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@omarsolom84 Not on PS5. Only on PS4, they removed that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

@render wow that is a terrible gaming experience 😣 If my current cycle got lost it would be pretty soul crashing for me - I don’t know if I can finish the game but I am pretty sure I can get to the last boss with this build if the sleep mode Gods watch over me and my run is still intact when I get back to it tonight.

PossibLeigh

I don't think it's a bad roguelike all the features of the genre are there, but it does lack the wild variety in runs found in the best examples.

PossibLeigh

render

@omarsolom84 I think after my moment last night I'd really appreciate the option to be able to copy a save to a USB drive. It would be ok if PS+ cloud saves were versioned as I'm sure it would quite happily backup a corrupted save over a perfectly good one.

@Feena It wasn't a great moment when I'd realised what had happened. Saying that though this game is so good that I would have gone and done biome 5 again anyway, and hell even if it had wiped my save completely I'd likely have gone back and started from the beginning. Good luck on your run later, hope you succeed where I failed 😀

@nessisonett The only other rougelike I've played was Dead Cells. While I'm sure it was a good game it just didn't really grab me as something I wanted to keep playing. I might go back to it one day. What are some other good recommendations for rougelikes? I know people rave about Hades but I think that's PC / Switch only?

render

PossibLeigh

@render So many, mainly indie games. The Binding of Isaac is the proto roguelite (along with Spelunky) and Enter the Gungeon (too tough for me, like Dead Cells) have massive variety within runs. Especially Isaac. Galak-Z (not a great roguelite, but a really fun game with Asteroids style physics), Darkest Dungeon (brutally punishing), Spelunky & Rogue Legacy are platformer roguelikes. I highly recommend FTL (space based roguelite) and Into the Breech (not sure if that last one is a roguelite, but it is a brilliant Kaiju startegy game).

Edited on by PossibLeigh

PossibLeigh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic