Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 441 to 460 of 2,757

nessisonett

Argh, finally died! Some sentient thingy killed me in the second biome but was probably due to me just having picked up the Hollowseeker for the first time and not really liking it. I like the carbine a lot though.

So far it plays exactly how I thought it would - Risk of Rain 2 with a more controlled power creep. Lots of Metroid Prime influences in there too. I’m having the most success treating it like a run and gun, not really touching the aim down sights at all during more frantic firefights.

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Quintumply

@nessisonett The Hollowseeker is an odd weapon. I feel like, on its own, it's kinda lacklustre, but it can become one of the best guns once you've unlocked a bunch of its weapon traits. It has some good ones.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

nessisonett

@Quintumply Yeah, if I’d stuck with the carbine then I probably would have been OK. It’s just a bit ‘death by a thousand cuts’ which isn’t very good against those teleporting enemies.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@nessisonett @Quintumply The Hollowseaker can definitely be more quantity than quality but I've found it quite useful to stagger a large number of flying things when they start trying to power up on you. The carbine is awesome though, especially with that trait where it fires faster the longer you hold the trigger down. It's like it's gonna take off!

render

Quintumply

@render Haha, yeah. Rising Pitch I think it's called Don't get me wrong, the Hollowseeker can be seriously good with the right traits, like the serrated blades and the portal one. I suppose I could say that about any of the guns though. It really pays to experiment and unlock all the traits, there are some awesome combos you can find.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

render

@velio84 And they definitely deserve it as well, they can totally ruin a good run finding bunch of those things.

@Abarth_71 Great work, are you going to try and beat the next one using a tea cup? 😀

render

MightyDemon82

@velio84 @render I've seen them pop up in Biome 3 as well but I'll take them over that drones any day haha.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

Speed runners are now beating the game (from a fresh save) in under 1 hour lol

Voltan

Rondoooo9

So, was sleeping in helios not intended to heal or did housemarquee decide they didnt like how people were approaching the first biome and they nerfed it by a substantial amount and to 1x per run? or both, or neither lol.

Rondoooo9

Th3solution

@Voltan I got a strange sense of confidence when I was playing Bloodborne by watching the speed runs on YouTube. If someone can beat the game that quickly and easily, I feel assured that even a commoner like me could beat it with a good deal of effort.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution That makes sense. Looks like IGN's going to do a "Devs react to speed runs" on this in a while and I'll definitely watch that.

Voltan

Splat

Rondoooo9 wrote:

So, was sleeping in helios not intended to heal or did housemarquee decide they didnt like how people were approaching the first biome and they nerfed it by a substantial amount and to 1x per run? or both, or neither lol.

They nerfed the hell out of it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

phil_j

In the midst of a decent run on biome 4 at the moment, finally.
I can't believe people completed this only dieing a handful of times. Think I'm on double digit deaths just from falling off ledges...

phil_j

Voltan

I managed to get a score of 0 in today's challenge. They're pretty ridiculous in Tier 6.

Voltan

PossibLeigh

@Voltan 😂 Haven't you finished the game, too?! So far, I've generally found the challenges easier than a run, but I'm only in biome 4.

PossibLeigh

Scratchy_Seal

Phew, after considering giving up after my first attempt at Nemesis a couple of days ago I just managed to nail a run and finish act 2.

The lobber is your friend people!

33 hours and 46 deaths, could be worse I guess.

Scratchy_Seal

Voltan

@PossibLeigh A new tier of challenges is unlocked after each biome and you're only allowed to play the highest tier available, so... you know
Also it's not like I killed nothing in it, but I died early and it subtracted points for "missed rooms" and stuff
I finished Act 2 but trying to finish Act 3 now

Voltan

JigsawPieces

@PossibLeigh The huge squiddy things that spit out 5 million bullets every few seconds, early in Biome 2, are testing that theory at the moment ... but I'll get them eventually

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic