Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,757

Tatarimokke

@MatthewJP exactly the same here. Full health, 160% integrity 1 large and 2 small vial. felt so strong to finally reach the boss room then i was destroyed in no time by those drones.
Honestly Biome 3 is the first one i can say i really don't like. Not just the drones but the environment. Small spaces, hard to maneuver and strong quick enemies with completely different approach than in the other 2 biomes. Biome 2 was a cakewalk compering to Biome 3. My favorite is Biome 2 very enjoyable. Biome 3 is rather frustrating.
I just checked i have 22 death so far but it's going to easily double up soon in Biome 3. I just want to get out of here:)

Edited on by Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

render

@Tatarimokke @MatthewJP I remember feeling that about B3 but then once I'd finished the game and gone back I realised it's actually quite a cool biome. It's a great challenge even when you've got more powerful but the atmosphere created by the brutalist architecture and the mystery about the place adds to it. The drones do make it quite a painful experience when you just want to get moving though.

The good news is that for most people the majority of their deaths occur in the first three biomes so if you can clear that then it's all plain sailing from there 😉

Edited on by render

render

Voltan

The citadel sure does feel more hostile than other parts of the game. Makes sense, since it's supposed to be some kind of a military complex, I guess

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan @render @Tatarimokke @MatthewJP Ditto to the remark that I disliked Biome 3 the most but upon returning later after clearing it it doesn’t seem nearly as onerous. It’s a real training ground for future biomes and although it’s probably the biggest stumbling block, if I can get past it, I’m sure you can. I’m fairly average as far as gaming skills.

@CJD87 Don’t sell yourself short, my friend! Beating Phrike is definitely a rite of passage and something to be proud of. It’s a sort of threshold and once you get past her then the game seems to click a bit more. I was hitting my head against the wall trying to clear her for a while, then in Biome 2 you get rewarded with a little bit easier time until you hit another wall at Biome 3. But by then you’re so invested in the addictive gameplay loop that you just can’t stop! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Tatarimokke

@Voltan @Th3solution @render how difficult is the boss here compering to the first 2 biome?
However sometimes it seems not the boss itself the biggest challenge but to get there:)

Edited on by Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

render

@Tatarimokke I definitely think the boss in B3 isn't as difficult as the one in B2. Like you say it's the getting there that's the hard part. There's a shortcut in B3 that once you've unlocked you won't have to do an entire section of which makes it easier but there's still other challenges to overcome. I don't want to give too much information away as one of the things I enjoyed about playing this was finding my own way.

render

Voltan

@Tatarimokke I’d say it’s exactly that. The boss isn’t really the hardest part.
It’s actually quite different from the first two but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily harder. There are some tactics I could share but I don’t wanna spoil anything before you get there and see for yourself

Voltan

Th3solution

@Tatarimokke As render and Voltan say, the boss isn’t terribly hard, although I died multiple times. The worst is getting to the boss with a reasonable amount of integrity left over. I was often making it to the boss with no left over silphium vials and no astronaut and was really frustrated at one point. But I focused on building myself up and saving silphium vials for the boss and on the first run where I beat the boss I had a ridiculous amount of health that I actually didn’t end up needing 😅. But I was so tired of not being prepared that I overprepared. I probably had enough health to beat it twice. Also, I think I tried like 3 or 4 different weapons on it and I think I ended up being successful with the Hollowseeker, but I can’t remember. Maybe it was the carbine. People have beat it with just about every weapon available, so it just depends on your playstyle.

If you want or need further advice then let me know. I don’t want to spoil things too much. After you actually get there, i think a few things become clear that you need to do.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke I was going for the 200% integrity trophy and I beat the boss on the first try, and had quite a lot of health remaining. You might find a better way to do it though.

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Tatarimokke

@render @Voltan @Th3solution Thanks guys for the info. Now i just need to get there. Also yesterday i found a portal in biome 1 which directed me straight to the biome 3 and it wasn't marked on the map. I was quite surprised to be honest. What is it good for? I mean without upgrades felt like a suicide mission to go Biome 3 that early

Edited on by Tatarimokke

Tatarimokke

JohnnyShoulder

@Tatarimokke That portal to Biome 3 has always been there, you just couldn't get to it without the grapple.

If you don't fancy going there straight away now, it is useful later on for end game stuff.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Tatarimokke Personally, I think it wisest to do the first half of B1 to the fabricator shop, buy some upgrades there, then do the first half of B2 up through the open area to the portal point to B3, since that area is fun and “easy” compared to other areas, but I skipped the indoor temple parts where the severed roam, and then teleported to B3 from that midway point. You can teleport to the right before the B2 boss fight from the entrance to the temple and then make a couple jumps/grapple to the teleport to the B3 Biome without really having fighting needed. For me that was the best way to buff myself without risking unnecessary early death.

But given the proficiency calculator at the beginning of B3, you could certainly try the direct jump from B1 to B3, but your integrity isn’t very large and I think it’s worth the extra time through the first part of B2 since it’s fairly straightforward. But that’s just me and my playstyle

Edited on by Th3solution

Voltan

@Tatarimokke Yeah, now that you have the grapple, you can skip the wastes entirely. It actually is marked on the map - the door to the “room” with the broken bridge has a different door icon.
With biome 1 being as random as it is, it’s just as likely to be near the crash site or at the very end of the biome. It’s probably good to spend some time in the first biome before going to the citadel. You can also go to Crimson Wastes and play through the outdoor part. There is now a portal at the base of the mountain that will take you all the way to the top.

Voltan

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke I would run through b1 before going in, to try and get health + astronaut, but for cipher hunts I went in ASAP.

———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Thrillho

@Tatarimokke @MatthewJP I don't know if it's been mentioned already but you're immune when grappling. Lots of the tough areas in biome 3 have grappling points all over so if you're getting swarmed or in trouble, knowing where a nearby grapple point is can be a lifesaver.

As for the drones, the hollowseeker with serrated blades or the lobber both work well for the fact you can fire at them and then hide while the extra damage does it's job.

I got extremely lucky when I played the game and had such a good build when I finally beat the biome 2 boss that I managed biome 3 first time! I didn't fare so well going back there to complete act 3 though

Thrillho

render

@Tatarimokke I think the best weapon you can use to go against the B3 boss your first time is definitely the carbine. It's possible to do it with any weapon but some will have more impact than others and like any fight the shorter you can make it the easier it will be.

I think @Th3solution offers some very good advice with regards to the build up to B3. If you go straight there then you will definitely be lacking integrity for a start so it's worth building that up if you can.

render

Just2Milky

@Tatarimokke to add onto what Thrillo said, you can cancel the grapple as well by pressing triangle.

———

MatthewJP

What would you seasoned vets do in this situation:
equipped carbine *6 with the amazing voidbeam
Swap for carbine *10 with blastshell
Biome 3 (still). Just interested in thoughts on whether the weapon proficiency or alt fire wins here?

PSN: mpquikster

Just2Milky

@MatthewJP it really depends on how the points were split up. I alway choose the one with the higher damage though.

———

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic