Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 4,717

nessisonett

@zupertramp Apparently not. Doing my bloody head in with Miles Morales.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@zupertramp Yeah, that’s a great question because I don’t know of a way. Let me know if you find one.

The work around for me with Final Fantasy 7 Remake was to play the game with the “Play Disc” inserted rather than the “Data Disc”. Most games only have the one disc though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

I just had both the PS4 and PS5 version is installed simultaneously. Some PS4 games will install a stub on PS5. The PS4 icon appears on the menu but it only actually takes a few megabytes of disk space (crash bandicoot 4 is an example of this). Whilst others insist on the full game which is often larger from the PS5 version (this was the case for tales of arise).

If you insert a PS4 disk into a PS5 it’s going to want to install something and what it does will be determined by the data on the disk.

Ryall

zupertramp

@nessisonett @Ryall @Voltan @Th3solution yeah it's rather annoying. I leave the It Takes Two disc in most of the time and the console really really wants to install the PS4 version. Having both icons would drive me crazy but if that's the solution I suppose it's marginally preferable. And i do have fairly large external drive so there's that.

Just hope there's a fix eventually.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

RogerRoger

@zupertramp That's a really, really strange issue. Admittedly I've only played one PS5 game with its PS4 disc before (which, for the record, was Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order) but, after selecting which version to install, I never had any prompts or problems, and it never bothered me about the PS4 version again. I've also put PS5 discs in the console before and been asked whether I want the PS5 or PS4 version (namely Hitman III and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales) but again, after I made my choice, I was left well alone. Maybe it's something that the system handles on a game-by-game basis?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Platinum trophy 109 is Bugsnax, really cool game, enjoyed it. Much better than I expected, definitely worth giving it a go.

LieutenantFatman

BAMozzy

It seems to me that people are forgetting that Sony has it's own Unique Selling Points that make it a superb choice for gamers - regardless of what ever MS or Nintendo offer.

Sony has some of the most critically acclaimed Studio's making some of the most critically acclaimed games that get nominated every year for the 'Game of the Year' awards. As Sony keep telling us, these games are 'ONLY on Playstation' - at least on Day1. As important as Mario, Zelda etc are for Nintendo, Spider-Man, Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War etc are important to Sony and if you want to play some of the 'best' games, regardless of whether their 'rivals' are also offering GotY contender games or not, you'll still 'need' a Playstation to play those games.

Whilst I'm talking about Software, the 'lack' of 3rd Party studio support hasn't been that detrimental to Nintendo because of the strength of their first party IP's. The fact the Switch can't run a lot of the 'latest' games and the amount of 'compromises' needed to get other games running does mean that it offers the 'worst' presentation/performance of the games it does get. However, Nintendo also have had hardware Unique Selling Points (USP's) that no other offered (initially at least). With the Wii, it was Motion controls and that meant the Wii sold incredibly well. The Switch offers that hybrid hand-held experience that no other platform offers and is selling incredibly well and neither the Wii or Switch relied on 3rd Party Studio's and their games to be successful. The only console you can play on the bus, play 'anywhere' with relative ease, is the Switch. That USP is a big reason why its been successful despite a lack of 3rd Party multi-platform releases.

That then brings us back to Sony whose USP hardware feature is VR gaming. Its the only Console platform to offer VR and will bring PSVR2 to PS5 soon. That gives Sony complete Console exclusivity on Virtual Reality experiences - whether developed in house or by 3rd Party, any VR developed game on Console is 'ONLY on Playstation'. That could be Sony's 'big' success and yet another reason to buy PS5.

Any studio can [try to] make a CoD type game, a 3rd person cinematic action game etc to offer 'similar' experiences but not everyone can offer a VR experience or the 'hybrid hand-held' experience so these USP's are perhaps more important than I see give credit to. Sony also offer some other 'interesting' features like Haptic Feedback too right now as well.

Instead of looking at what 'others' do and being 'negative', focus on what the Positives are...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman Congratulations on your Bugsnax platinum! Glad you enjoyed the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@velio84 Have to agree. I have become accustomed to the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback and so to not have it feels a little strange. Kind of empty. Obviously it varies game to game as to how much it adds, with Returnal being the best, along with Control Ultimate Edition and Rift Apart close behind. I was disappointed with FF7 Intergrades complete lack of use of the triggers outside of the motorcycle level. Playing Demon’s Souls now too I am a little disappointed in the lack of use of the triggers, although the haptic feedback is very good. Played a couple hours of Dirt 5 and I do like the triggers there too, although I hear WRC does them better.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Voltan Yes, much more subtle usage but it really fit the game. Loved feeling the scampering, clawing sensation of rats nearby.

Th3solution

@velio84 Yeah, they are really touting the DualSense features for GT7. I expect them to be really great because as you say, racing games seem to be prime candidates for impactful haptic and adaptive trigger implementation.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Demon’s Souls uses the adaptive triggers to add tension when using bows. But apart, yeah it is not used as far as I know.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

I don’t really like the rumble and adaptive triggers to be honest. I often disable rumble and I can’t say I enjoy it on PS5 anymore than I have previous generations. The resistance when shooting is just annoying and the way the pad rattles around in driving games is just kinda weird. Maybe I’ll get used to it some more as the generations moved along.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Anti-Matter

The PS5 games I have written on my list after some deliberation.
Let's see...

1. Planet Coaster
2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
3. Bibi and Tina at the Farm
4. Spirit of the North (Enhanced edition)
5. Kao the Kangaroo (2022)

Anti-Matter

kyleforrester87

@velio84 WRC9, people say it's really good but to me the controller just clicks and rattles around in your hand like it's going to fall to pieces. It's interesting I suppose but I am not sure it makes it feel like I am holding a real steering wheel lol

Dirt 5 just buzzes away like it's last gen.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Voltan

So Ghostwire Tokyo is an open world game. The powers and some of the ghostly things look cool but I don't know... the gameplay didn't look all that engaging.
Definitely waiting for reviews with this one.

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

Yep this feels unique and uninteresting at the same time. The Doctor Strange type moves looked really cool, until they showed uninterrupted gameplay. At which point it just began to look so generic. I cringed a bit when they mentioned using "Spectral Vision" to see things like it's some new idea. Basically just another press R3 to reveal things mechanic. Never mind.

Edit; thought of the perfect way I'd describe what I witnessed. Style over substance.

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@Voltan @NedStarksGhost @velio84 Just watched the Ghostwire Tokyo gameplay and I’m not too hyped either. I do like some of the powers and ideas it’s bringing and it has some pretty cool looking moves and attacks. The art design of the demons is alright, I like some of them. But there is an overall sense that the game is lacking a certain something. It doesn’t look or feel like a cutting edge PS5 game; Looks more akin to something they could be done last gen (or even PS3). Maybe I feel that way because it reminds me a little of Dishonored, from what I can see. I’m disappointed that it’s a first person viewpoint. Regardless, I won’t count it out. But I have a feeling it’s going to have a hard time gaining any footing against all the other games coming out over the next 6 months. I’ll hope to be surprised.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic