Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,541 to 3,560 of 4,712

jdv95

@Voltan yep. shame it's not been leaked yet though.
since the current rumor is not a leak.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 That is actually a decent set of games there if true, especially for me as I've not got any for once.

I had the demo for Outriders installed for an age but still yet to give it a go. I think there was an update fairly recently which made some big changes to the game, and I'm not sure if the demo reflects that or not.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

Looks like an OS update is imminent: the Android PS App seems to have been updated with support for access to automatically uploaded captures from the console (a feature that has been in beta in Canada and Japan). The iOS app - not yet, at least not for me

Edit: I guess it might not be an update? People are saying it’s already working for them in some regions.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

Hey, guys and gals… I asked this question way back at the beginning of my time with my PS5, but never tried it until just the other day so I’ve forgot — anyone have any luck with charging their DualSense with a phone charger? Specifically an iPhone charger? Best I could find online was to use a charging brick with 5V and at least 1.5 Amp to plug the USB-C into and it should charge fine. The orange charging lights around the touchpad don’t light up when I plug in the DualSense to my standard iphone charger. It charges fine from my PS5.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

R1spam

@Th3solution I've never managed to get a single cable to work either. However, the dual usb-c cable that came with venom rechargeable battery pack for series x/s controller works, I have no idea why!! I just know that I can charge my series and dualsense controller at the same time from one plug (in these fractured community times, i wonder if thats an image that should be shared 😂). I don't know if venom just sell the cable but it might be something to look at.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

@Th3solution I just use the Switch Pro Controller’s cable. Works a treat.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@Th3solution I had the same thing with the DS4 controller and I remember reading that it needs to detect the data pins on the USB port otherwise it doesn't charge. I've got a charging dock for my PS5 so haven't looked into it since but I guess the same problem exists with the DualSense. It might be that it will work with some chargers if the charger and cable in question have the data pins connected, so you might just need to test a few to find a combo that works. The cable that came with the PS5 should be good though so might just be the charger.

render

Voltan

@Th3solution I've been using an old Samsung charger since the console's launch with no problems.

Voltan

Th3solution

@R1spam @nessisonett @velio84 @Voltan @render Thanks, friends. It must be some kind of lack of communication between the cable (which is the one that Sony provided with the PS5) and the Apple charging brick. Looks like I need to experiment with mixing and matching some other cables or other charging bricks. I’m not sure if I have others lying around or not. I am a little nervous to get too crazy with plugging it into things; I don’t want to run the risk of frying it. I’ve read the most people have success plugging it into their PC to charge, but for me it defeats the purpose of the convenience of plugging it into the wall right there by the TV when the PS5 isn’t on or in rest mode. I could always just buy Sony’s proprietary charging dock, but if I have something lying around that functions then I’d like to save the $25.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've used the cable that comes with the ps5 both plugged in the console and a plug, a cable I use to charge my android tablet/phone, the switch charging cable, and the power lead for my work laptop. All have worked fine for me.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Sorry, just read your last post. The only problem I find if using a laptop or pc USB port to charge stuff is that it takes ages, so it I never bother.

Any usb-c cable should work to charge the DualSense, that is one of the advantages of the format.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks, bud. I think I have a third party charger lying around somewhere that I can try to switch the cable out with the Sony one and see if that works when I get home later.

I have the Pulse Headset too and so I find times that I have both headset and DualSense that need charging, and that’s another reason I’d like the option to have something other than the console itself to do the charging.

nessisonett

@Th3solution The Apple charging brick doesn’t work for me either. I just plug into the PS5 itself.

render

@velio84 Who said they would be dreadful so that people will spend money on the big releases this month? Whoever it was they got that right 🤨

render

nessisonett

@render I don’t really get the people outright saying that it’s a good thing they’re bad because there’s other good games coming out that month. Like… the two things don’t need to be mutually exclusive.

render

@nessisonett I’d rather they were a better selection for me even though I am planning on playing one of the big releases this month. I think they are quite niche titles this month, which will be the problem for most but I get that it’s difficult to find a balance. I mean this selection is at least better than Godfall Demo Edition.

render

nessisonett

@render The Tiny Tina thing is a bit of a joke. It’s already included in the Handsome Collection which was previously given away. And it’s been on sale for 2 months so people have been fleeced when it launched clearly. But yeah, chuffed about Planet Coaster personally.

render

@nessisonett Looking at my library I’ve already got the Handsome Collection so guess I don’t need to bother claiming that. In that case it’s actually a worse month than I first thought. I might check out Planet Coaster too as it’s been a while since I’ve played anything like that.

render

Voltan

I didn't even know Tiny Tina was in the handsome collection (from which I played one of the games, I think, wasn't a huge fan).

Unrelated

Pretty cool. This is in my city but I'm not sure where exactly.
Edit: took a closer look and actually I do know where exactly

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

zupertramp

Hey hate to just saunter on in with a troubleshooting question out of nowhere but like, is there a way to turn off auto-install upon insertion of a disc? And really it's not even upon inserting a disc as games try to install after I've booted up as well.

I should clarify this pertains to physical ps4 games that have been upgraded to ps5 version. PS5 version is currently installed but system wants to install the PS4 version every chance it gets. Surely there's a way to stop this madness.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic