Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,717

RogerRoger

lolwhatno wrote:

Asking here on ps5 OT,
What is the ps5 OST? Is it the same as the PS4's?
The ps4 soundtrack is soooo good. It sounds so melancholic, I freaking love listening to it

It's very zen. I've sat with my eyes closed and listened to it for a good few minutes.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@lolwhatno I think the PS Vita's background music is my favourite of the lot, but I do love the PS4 one, and have never deactivated it, nor swapped it out for a custom theme.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Just got my first platinum of 2022 F.I.S.T platinum no 37.

Started up Dirt 5 but also downloading P5 Strikers so it'll be that or Yakuza 5 as my next main game, about time I caught up with The RGG library.

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

@MightyDemon82 Good work! I thought the trophy list for F.I.S.T. sounded quite tricky but a few people on here seem to have managed it.

Thanks for the reminder for Dirt 5 though as I haven't added that to my library yet. And good luck if you do go for Y5 as it's quite a meaty game, even by Yakuza standards!

Thrillho

Kidfried

I hope I never hear from Gavin, Ross or Jaffe again, unless they have an actual game to share...

Kidfried

MightyDemon82

@Thrillho Thanks, it wasn't too bad

Great game I played a bit of it today and decided to go for Persona 5 Strikers. I enjoyed what I played so far. But Yakuza 5 is definitely next in line.

MightyDemon82

Octane

@Kidfried Why?

I actually listened to the first two hours of the interview, and though Jaffe sounds like the most immature and annoying 12-year-old ever, Gavin and Ross' story was pretty interesting to listen to.

Octane

JJ2

@Kidfried
I agree. In the past I found them interesting but now they were just distracting from GOT accomplishment and trying to get some attention with false statement. Then they seem to keep moaning about what could have been from one side of the story (with whatever they would have done being supposedly ‘wonderful’ in their eyes) instead of celebrating the present and being positive about their ex colleagues for whatever they are doing now which I’m convinced is a next gen game instead of the cross gen they wanted. It’s just pointless drama.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Kidfried

@Octane Jaffe shouldn't really be given attention anymore. Not by journalists and not by developers and managers either.

Gavin and Ross are consciously stirring the pot about a studio they're no longer working. The story of Days Gone is Bend's story; not theirs anymore. I'd hate to work at a studio while its ex-colleagues are purposely searching the spotlight to tell stories about it. (And basically what @JJ2 said)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried Garvin and Ross were both directors, and Garvin also wrote the whole thing. Of course they're allowed to talk about it. Without them it wouldn't exist. Having worked on it for the past 6 or 7 years, I can understand it's not something you can put behind you. They're proud of what they've achieved, and they also admit all the issues the game had. I liked hearing their take on it, and how the game was developed behind the scenes. That's something that was never going to be made public by Sony.

Having watched the interview, the continually stress that they have no grudges against Bend Studio, PlayStation or Sony. In fact, they mention it was the best place they ever worked, and they're asking everyone to keep supporting Bend Studio and their future products. Nothing but goodwill for the studio and its developers.

I think the story is a lot more nuanced than it seems to be.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Talking about the game and its design is fine of course, but I don't think they should comment on sales numbers, et cetera.

"Local studio management always made us feel like it was a big disappointment." just isn't a professional way to respond to another studio reaching a sales milestone.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried Well, to be fair, he does have a point, even though it maybe wasn't smart to say it out loud.

We never heard anything about the Days Gone sales, even though every other game gets an update every couple of million sales. And according to NPD, it was one of the best selling games of 2019. Why the silence?

Sales-wise it did very well apparently, a lot of people also liked the game. But Metacritic scores were mediocre, and that's what killed the game/franchise.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane We don't know everything with regards to the decision making at these companies. So whether or not he has a good point is something we can't say based on his (unverified) claims. We don't even know what most people at Bend wanted to work on; maybe they are more happy working on something new. We don't know whether Days Gone was a more expensive game to make than Ghost, or whatever happened to Days Gone DLC. We don't know whether the pitch for Days Gone 2 was good or just truly awful, but we do know it was pitched as a co-op shared world game, so it might be a way different game. There are just so many unknows.

And what Gavin and Ross are doing is just really unprofessional. Even if they are doing it with the best intentions.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I know that I shouldn’t be this way but the repeated shade that the disgruntled Bend guys keep throwing has me reluctant to play Days Gone. It seems a fine game, but it’s become this trigger button amongst corporate and fans. When I look at my zombie/horror options, I’m leaning toward playing TLoU2 and RE4 (and maybe RE7 and RE8 as discussed) first. But maybe my morbid curiosity will get the better of me some day and I’ll look at who this controversial Deacon character is. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Days Gone's best moments are some of my favorite gaming memories in recent times. The game doesn't always click, but when it does it's an amazing experience.

It's sad that the press surrounding this game has always been awkward, never really positive, the game deserves better. The motorcycle is awesome, the world is beautiful and you'll have some encounters you'll never forget!

Definitely go play it some day, and try to go in with an open mind.

Kidfried

Octane

@Th3solution In ways, the game is very good. Definitely give it a try (I think it's free as part of the PS+ Collection). It's very challenging at times, in a good way, and there's enough good story elements that kept me going, even though it has one of the longest main campaigns I've played in a good while.

Octane

Voltan

@Octane it is in the collection and it was a monthly game not long ago

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Kidfried I only played it for a few hours to just try it out last year and it reminded me too much of The Last of Us, right down to very similar icons for items you pick up and how you use them for various things. Obviously the zombie element as well, but I'm guessing it differentiates itself more as the game goes along. That was an early turnoff though, but I do plan on giving it a second chance at some point.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic