Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 4,717

Voltan

@Octane @render @Thrillho I found that closing the game before turning off the console prevents it.
I think otherwise it syncs the saves while switching off but somehow doesn't always mark it as synced.

Voltan

render

@Voltan That sounds likely as I pretty much never close a game before shutting the console down.

render

Voltan

Untitled

According to the small botton text - a new software update might be coming this month, including some new display features.

Voltan

Scooby-Doo

You can use a computer screen instead of a tv for the PS5, right? If so, how does that work?

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

nessisonett

@Scooby-Doo Just plug the HDMI into a monitor. It’s the same concept as a TV.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Scooby-Doo

@nessisonett The only computer I have access to currently doesn't have a HDMI port, it's that bad. But thanks, at least I know know that I should get a new computer.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.

nessisonett

@Scooby-Doo Well the monitors are cheaper than getting a whole new PC at least!

Scooby-Doo

@nessisonett I did some looking, and it turned out I was thinking about Remote Play, and just saying it wrong. Sorry.

ScarletSpidey

@Scooby-Doo For Remote Play all you need it Wi-Fi and a stable, semi-fast connection. Stability is more important than crazy speed (in my experience). Alongside the computer and PS4/5 of course.

ScarletSpidey

Scooby-Doo

Thank you very much. I don't have access to the tv very often, so knowing this is very helpful.

GalacticBreakdown

Hey guys, I'm having a very frustrating issue with my two week old PS5.

The last few days, whenever I've opened a game, my game either gets stuck on the title screen where it says "press X to start" or like for Returnal, it opens the actual level & the controller even does haptics for the shipwreck, but then literally none of my controller inputs translate to the game. It doesn't freeze up at all but is "stuck" , I can hit the PS button & close the game & navigate the OS menus but once I start any game & it opens, my controller inputs don't work within the game & it gets stuck until I exit the game & close it.

The two times it's been resolved, once I shut down then removed the power cord for 60 seconds. The next time that didn't work so I restarted the system & then that worked. Can anyone help me to fix whatever is causing this or help me to prevent it? I really really really hope it's not a hardware issue or anything. Thank you all so much for any insight you can provide it is so greatly appreciated

Edited on by GalacticBreakdown

GalacticBreakdown

PSN: Galacticbreakdwn

Octane

@Scooby-Doo And you have to download the Remote Play app/program on your PC.

Octane

Scooby-Doo

@Octane I suppose that makes sense, but is it free?

Octane

@Scooby-Doo Yeah!

I tried it once a few years ago, but my wifi back then was awful, so there was quite a bit of lag. Hopefully it works better for you. I haven't tried it ever since because I don't really need to.

Octane

Octane

@lolwhatno You mean the ''main theme'' that plays on the menu? The PS5 doesn't have any, and it depends on the game/app you have selected.

Octane

GalacticBreakdown

@lolwhatno Yeah I have two controllers, I don't think it's a controller issue though because it works for the menus and it even rumbles when I start up Returnal. But I'll try the other just in case.

GalacticBreakdown

PSN: Galacticbreakdwn

Voltan

Octane wrote:

The PS5 doesn't have any, and it depends on the game/app you have selected.

That's not entirely true. It does have an ambient track it plays for games that don't have their own (or when you go into settings and stuff). The cool part about it is that it does have a 3D audio mix using the tempest engine.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Octane Yeah it does. It’s like a BWAMMMM soundscape thing. I actually like it a lot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic