Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,712

Th3solution

If anyone else is a Pulse 3D user, the new update enabled some nice upgrades. The PushSquare articles mentioned it but I was messing around with it and it seems like real boost in performance. The audio, especially 3D, sounds louder, crisper, and more granular if you adjust the settings (now 5 levels independently adjustable per ear) but mainly the equalizer option through the control center makes a large difference. I set up a standard V shaped adjustment and there a bit more kick to them and just sounds sharper I think.

And thank the maker that they finally have the PS4 and PS5 versions of games clearly marked. Looks so much better and more user friendly.
I do notice the annoying thing that playing FF7R from my PS4 disc now requires that there be a separate PS4 icon on the bar for some reason. I tried deleting it but as soon as I put in the disc it downloads it again and just says “copying paused”. So I can’t play my PS5 file without the disc in and I can’t have the disc in without a separate PS4 icon. Oh well, despite it messing with my obsessive compulsive tendencies, I’ll live.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Octane @Voltan I still can’t believe how quiet it’s been about Kena. The game’s still not prominently displayed on the storefront. I hope it’s not a bad sign that the game is bad.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution There's been a couple posts about it on the PS blog recently, fwiw

Voltan

Octane

@Th3solution @Voltan How many people actively read the blog though? Last time I saw this game was when the last trailer dropped. I only looked it up because I vaguely remembered something about a September release, but I hadn't heard anything about it yet.

Octane

Voltan

@Octane Yeah, for sure it's just some of the most "hard core" fans.
BUT, I actually opened the store on my PS5 now to check, and it's in the "Must See" section on the front page, 2nd entry after Death Stranding DC. Not sure if it's a personalized list or not (probably not, becasue why would there be Fifa and NBA on mine ).

Voltan

Thrillho

@Th3solution I have to be honest and I tried the different levels for the headset and couldn’t tell much difference other than the pitch changing?

I haven’t tried the equaliser out as I don’t know how much difference it would make for me in all honesty.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Octane @Voltan We’ve been force fed a steady diet of Deathloop trailers, updates, ads, and showcases. And I know the Kena game is just a smaller title in general, but the front page of the PS store still has FIST and preorders for games that don’t come out for 6 months instead of highlighting a real potential gem in Kena.

Edit; @Voltan - I just saw your post, and I’m not seeing it anywhere. I’m actually looking at the app, and it’s filled with the usual NBA, Fortnite, and COD stuff but also Diablo II, and a “deal of the week” for Overwatch!?! 😂. Kena is AWOL on my storefront. I’ll check my PS5.

Edited on by Th3solution

Voltan

@Th3solution @Octane Welp, Microsoft has infinite marketing budgets, FIST is a game that Sony had a hand in funding (through the China Hero Project) and Kena is technically just a self-published indie.
I'm not saying I wouldn't want it to have a bigger marketing campagin, but that's probably why it doesn't.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Thrillho I can definitely hear the difference when I changed the “height” or verticality of the 3D audio. You should be able to hear whether the sound is coming from above or below your head, based on the setting. The bubbling water sound is harder to tell than the second option, so try that. But the default level is pretty accurate for my ears as it is. It’s nice to know the headphones work and can distinguish the spatial output though.
As for the equalizer, it’s mainly that it gives a little volume boost to certain frequencies that just sounds better to me. I’m not a big audiophile that has to have a huge bass thump, and in fact too much bass seems to dilute the 3D effects which are more high frequency in their auditory differentiation, but I like having a little bit of an extra bass punch now.

Edited on by Th3solution

Th3solution

@Voltan Yeah, I’m not sure how these deals work, but I do know that Sony makes a set percentage of all purchases made through the PlayStation Store (It’s like… 20 or 30% I think I heard) and they make tons of money passively through what sells, and I hope they don’t think Kena is going to bomb so bad that they think they’re going to make more money on sales of Overwatch. 😬

Voltan

@Th3solution @Octane
This is what my store front page looks like on PS5
Untitled

On the mobile app it’s in the “pre-orders” section of the front page but you have to scroll through a bunch of other games.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Thrillho

@Th3solution I might have to have another play around then.

I do like the “dynamic range” some games have for audio to give a greater range of volume. I tinkered with it for TLOU2 and jumped out of my skin in the first gunfight I got to

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Voltan Oh I see it now in the pre-order area. It might move up to be highlighted better after the actual release. Glad it has a page on the PS5 though.

Actually I didn’t realize that there are some good games in the pre-order section. I’d completely forgotten about Far Cry 6. It’s not a series I play, but I know it’s a big seller. And Alan Wake, I think I really need to play that.

@Thrillho Of the PS5 games I’ve played 3D audio has only been critically implemented in Returnal. I’m not even sure Astrobot had much use of it, not that I remember.

KilloWertz

@Th3solution It's still surprising that Sony isn't pushing the game at all though since it got plenty of hype built up after it was first revealed last year and has been highly anticipated since. It also fits right into the PlayStation template of being a 3rd person action/adventure game. I don't know if it's a permanent exclusive or a timed one (some websites say timed, but who knows) since I don't think Ember Labs ever said one way or the other, but if it's a timed one, then that would make even less sense since Sony paid for it then.

Not a big deal in the end as long as it turns out to be good and ends up being at least fairly successful, but it's about time they actually advertise it on the PS5 store. It was just amongst the other games coming soon when I pre-ordered it a couple of days ago.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Octane

@Voltan It's number eight on the list of pre-orders, even Farm Simulator is number 2.

Octane

Octane

Still no reviews though...

Octane

jdv95

i think they release at a later hour today.

it's not that concerning though since lot's of smaller games have their review just a day before release,while the big AAA games get them a few days before.

heck even deathloop got it's review just a day before release and it reviewed realy well.

it's not realy an indication for the quality of the game anymore.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 @Octane Returnal's reviews were also a day before release so that alone doesn't really worry me. It appears that most outlets got the code pretty late (unlike Deathloop and Returnal) but then again, it's supposed to be a short game.

Voltan

jdv95

@Voltan there was a reviewer on twitter who said,he got the review copy a week ago.

jdv95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic