Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,717

Voltan

@jdv95 There's also one review making the rounds today, published on Friday somehow. It's a 5/5 score but I'm not sure I trust it, as the writing doesn't seem very professional.

Voltan

jdv95

@Voltan is it the one that says it has like 25 hours worth of gameplay? if so,it apparently is fake.
it was doing the rounds on the ps5 reddit.

a dead give away would be the playtime because the game is around 12 hours long for completionists instead of 25 lol.

jdv95

Octane

@Voltan Yeah I've seen that one, but I don't think they played the game, otherwise they would've broken the NDA.

Octane

Voltan

@jdv95 @Octane Yeah, definitely seemed like something you could write just based on trailers and make up some stuff to make it look good.

Voltan

jdv95

@Octane tbh it reads more like a fan review rather then a actual review.

i also don't buy the playtime they state.
15 to 20 hours realy?

a dev on twitter said 8 to 10 hours for story with 12 hours for completion.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Voltan

Guess you can stop being worried now

Voltan

KilloWertz

Nah, I'm concerned. It dropped from 89 after 9 reviews to 85 after 11. It's just going to keep dropping. I wish I could get a refund....

Seriously though, I'm happy the reviews are almost all pretty positive. Another rare time that the ridiculously late embargo doesn't equal a bad game. I can see it settling around where it is right now at 85, and no lower than 80.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

jdv95

wow the person on rockpapershotgun.com
took 20 hours to 100% the game.

that's longer then expected.

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 That sounds pretty good. I played it for literally 5 minutes this morning and all I can say is that it sure is pretty and has good music

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@jdv95 with that great looking photo mode my playtime could easily double that. Can't wait to get stuck in after work and got the household chores out the way!

MightyDemon82

jdv95

i'm exited aswell.

the 20 hour mark is because you need 2 playthroughs for the platinum.

jdv95

KilloWertz

@velio84 Basically, you're trying to say just turn off the adaptive triggers for Kena?

I turn them off for shooters and other games that just use it for resistance. That kind of use for them adds nothing to games imo. It's ones that blend it together with the haptic feedback to create feeling (like A Plague Tale: Innocence) that I will leave the adaptive triggers on for. That actually enhances games.

Looking forward to getting to play Kena once I'm done with Uncharted 3.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@KilloWertz It's just a slight "springy" effect for the heavy attack and a slightly different effect for the bow. There isn't a lot of resistance nor is it anything spectacular but I don't mind it myself.

Voltan

themcnoisy

Quick question people. I'm strongly considering Disco Elysium as my next purchase. I've heard bad things about PS5 performance. Does anyone have the game?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy It was rough when it launched but was sorted while I was still in my playthrough, I think others here would also echo that sentiment. It’s an utterly phenomenal game though regardless!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett thanks Nes. Can't get into Judgement or Returnal so hoping Disco Elysium hits the gaping hole Mass Effect has left.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Voltan

@velio84 Apart from the long-running franchises (that also includes Far Cry, Battlefield etc), all I can think of right now is the Guardians of the Galaxy game.
And the Nickelodeon brawler

I got stuff to play and I'm also interested in Deathloop so that actually doesn't bother me

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 I wanna get F.I.S.T. soon and I already have Scarlet Nexus in my library and I believe that's a pretty long one. I also started Demon's Souls the other day, have a bunch of stuff to do in Hades and still haven't played the FF7R expansion/upgrade (and I put 120h into the base game last year).
And then there's Guilty Gear, which I might keep playing on a regular basis for a couple more years

With that and maybe Deathloop, it should be enough to play between now and Horizon (I'm not getting Elden Ring at launch unless I get really hooked on Demon's Souls in the meantime ). And if not, I might try Tales of Arise or something.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I’ve never played a Tales game, but Arise definitely has me taking note. Not sure I have another JRPG in me for a while though after having done Persona 5 and FF7R in the last couple months. Also Scarlet Nexus falls into the same boat as one that looks interesting but will probably need to wait. Not to mention I have 13 Sentinels yet to finish. Somehow I fell off of that during all this PS5 hype. It’s not a JRPG per se, but has the whole Japanese flavor and personality to it that I simultaneously love but also can’t take in too large of a dose back-to-back. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic