Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 4,712

render

@velio84 I'm really sold on Alan Wake, looking forward to playing it. I haven't been back to Control since playing it on the base PS4 but have the UE edition so will definitely have to check out those haptics to see how good they are.

I'm really intrigued to see what else Remedy are working on as well as I think I read a rumour somewhere they are working on a PS exclusive. There's also the sequel to Control which could I guess be set in The Oldest House again but perhaps branch out into new areas like they did with the DLC. Lots of good things to come.

render

Voltan

All the praise for Deathloop I'm seeing on Twitter makes me want to get it sooner than I planned. Also console warriors are currently at their funniest, fighting over whether or not Xbox gets credit for this lol

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan I’d say Xbox ‘get the credit’ because yes, it’s a first-party dev who’s made it. So the whole Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop triple whammy is fair game to show off how great their first-party output has been this year. I don’t particularly care about the politics of it all but fair’s fair, they own the dev.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett I honestly just think arguing over it is incredibly silly
As if somehow admitting that Xbox Studios released the game would make it a worse game on PlayStation. Technically it’s true but it’s also true that they didn’t own the studio during the majority of the development - but what does it even matter?
Arkane deserve all the credit btw.

Tbh the fact that it’s a PS5 console exclusive does make it a little weird

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan Well yeah that’s what I’m saying. The politics are stupid. But the attitudes seen here by a few people in particular encouraging people not to buy the game because ‘Microsoft get the money and we won’t see a sequel’ is just as reductive. Just play the game if you want to, that’s all that matters.

Voltan

On a related note: I'm curious to see how long the discussions over KOTOR remake's exclusivity can go on, due to some not-so-clear wording in the announcement.
People are absolutely certain it releases on PS5 only first, PC later, Xbox never. Other people are absolutely certain it's PS5 and PC day 1, Xbox later. Reminds me of the whole Starfield situation

Voltan

Voltan

I watched a short comparison video and man, the RT lighting in Deathloop looks so good but I don’t know if I can play a FPS at 30fps these days 😩

Voltan

Th3solution

@nessisonett @Voltan Maybe that’s why Sony is marketing Deathloop like crazy — the deal probably has some large portion of the profit coming to Sony and here all their fans are boycotting the game. 😅 Apparently Sony paid big money to support this exclusive, so their fan base might be hurting them more than helping.

On the subject (kinda), should Sony be concerned about a Microsoft developer having intricate information on the PS5? I’m not sure how ‘secret’ these development kits are, but is there any strategic advantage that Arkane has now seeing what the PS5 can do and using it as leverage with XSeX development? I’m not a very tech savvy person so it might be a stupid question (but that hasn’t stopped me before 😄)

As far as KOTOR, the wording from the Push Square guys was “timed exclusive” for PS5, so I didn’t realize this was still not firmed up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I don’t think knowledge of the PS5 architecture helps develop games for Series X in any way.

For KOTOR, the official wording was “PS5 console exclusive at launch, also coming to PC”. It does sound like PC day one and timed exclusive for PS5 to me but then the official Sony account tweeted about it “coming exclusively to PS5” and some read that as the other thing

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan ok, I’m not sure how these things work, development-wise. It does seem like the PS5 development kits were protected like a State secret there for a while, but I guess that was early on when the PS5 architecture was still yet to be revealed. I wasn’t sure if Arkane could have people report to other MS teams that the PS5 has some advantage or disadvantage so as to create a marketing ploy about how their games do such-and-such better. You know like an interview with Arkane’s team goes something like, “When we were coding and writing Deathloop we were constrained by …., and it’s so great that the Series X can do ….. so much better and so our new game will be far superior in the way it accomplishes …..”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Yeah, it doesn’t really work like that! Microsoft Game Studios could just apply for a development kit and they’d most likely be given one, same as the other way round. In fact, Sony absolutely do have Xbox development kits due to San Diego making MLB The Show, which was ported to Xbox. It’s not really a secret anymore and all you need to do is apply for a dev kit and you’ll have the same information as everybody else.

render

@Voltan @Th3solution @nessisonett I'd imagine there must be some sort of NDA around the early dev kits as you wouldn't want that information getting into the wrong hands. That's probably specific to the developer even if they are within a bigger organisation as I doubt that Sony would want to give a dev kit away to Arkane to then have them share that information with MS Xbox hardware division. Equally I'm sure that if San Diego had early Xbox X/S dev kits then MS wouldn't want them to share that information with the PlayStation hardware division.

render

render

@velio84 Wow maybe they do have full access then. Seems crazy to allow that as you are giving your competitor advance knowledge of your product(s) which could be a massive advantage. I know that hardware is difficult to change, as they have to lock it in at some point for testing and the like, but even so there are probably small things that they can tweak. What makes that even stranger is that MS apparently waited for the full RDNA2 spec before finalising their designs so would have been likely able to make more tweaks to their design based on what they saw of the PS5 kits.

render

render

@velio84 It would be really interesting to know how they deal with things like that. The controller they didn't speak about publicly until after the Xbox initial reveal so they'd obviously left it till the point where they thought it was ok to start sharing that information. I can't remember if devs already had those in their hands at that point or if that was the point that they started sending them out. I'd imagine they'd give those sorts of things to their internal teams before they start sharing them with third party devs but like you say they need to have these things out there for launch games etc.

render

InvaderJim

@Octane DF and GNexus did more testing analysis together. This test shows better memory cooling with the newer design and little bit higher on the SOC (although they said may be reasons with testing for this). As with other testers the conclusion is no real reason to try get either version of the console and still need to place it with good ventilation and clean out dust every now and then. The memory temp still runs pretty hot and close to limit due to poor design from Sony, Series X memory runs 20 C less.

Edited on by InvaderJim

InvaderJim

MightyDemon82

Decided to remove the face plates on my PS5 this morning, first time since having the console at launch and it wasn't bad. Maybe I'll just start doing it annually but the house gets cleaned weekly and I pay special attention to the t.v. stand 😂. Quite the operation as it's jammed in the corner of the room and unplugging everything and then putting it back can be a hassle especially the ethernet cable as it's just long enough coming out the wall into the back of the PS5!

MightyDemon82

Octane

Kena is coming out in three days, does anyone know when the review embargo lifts?

Octane

Voltan

@Octane Haven’t seen anyone mention anything but it’s probably Monday then…

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic