Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 3,452

Voltan

Soooo, around the time of posting about the 10 mil milestone for PS5, Hermen Hulst changed his Twitter profile picture to this
Untitled
Minutes later he changed it back to his regular one...

I think we all know what this means?

Untitled

lol

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Silent Hill confirmed? 😉

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Voltan I mean, that’s just a reference to Demon’s Souls maybe, right? Perhaps a BluePoint acquisition reference?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Voltan

@Th3solution Actually he was making a series of tweets thanking studios that made PS5 games published by Sony (Insomniac, Housemarque, etc) and he changed his picture as he was doing it (not sure if he had one for every studio but he definitely used his Miles Morales pic too).
This is definitely a DS reference and he used it when he made the tweet thanking Bluepoint for DS.
My post was a bit of a joke because peeps at TT obviously began reading into it.

That being said, I still refuse to believe that “Welcome Bluepoint” picture existed for no reason

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I like that theory that they are waiting to announce it along with the announcement of Bluepoint’s forthcoming game. Either a new IP or the MGS remake, or whatever.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Voltan

Kena delayed to September 21

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Bummer. That looks like a good one. Yet, I’m relieved to have more time for backlog.
On my PS5 alone — finish Returnal, then R&C, Miles Morales, FF7 Intergrade, Immortals… not to mention the shed load of PS4 games still vying for my attention.

————————

Voltan

@Th3solution Yeah, I guess I also have stuff to play + I'll probably get Hades day 1 or soon after.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Oof… I forgot about Hades!
I’m really curious since many list it among their favorite games of all time, and I’d like to see Rogue-lite done from a different approach than Returnal. But I’m not sure I’ll jump into Hades day 1, despite the price being a low barrier to entry. We’ll see.

————————

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Voltan I'll probably pick up Kena before Hades, maybe directly after each other, but shall see which way the wind blows nearer the time.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m expecting Kena to be well reviewed, but you never know. The asking price for both games is quite fair and in fact you can buy both for the price of one of the marquee bigger games.

————————

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Not too concerned about either of those things tbh, unless reviews are really low I would still get it and would still buy it even if it was a full priced title. But I'm weird with things like this.

render

@JohnnyShoulder @Th3solution @Voltan I'm really tempted by Hades as well. Heard a few people saying that you have to beat it quite a few times for it to reveal all its secrets but that the story is well worth it. The runs sound shorter than Returnal though so that could mean that it's easier to do in small chunks.

render

render

@Voltan I actually reached the point of having to delete a few games yesterday. While I usually only have a few things installed we've got some games that the kids play from time to time littering the filesystem now so it's getting to be a bit more of a struggle. Looking at these prices though I might be tempted to just get an external drive to offload the PS4 games onto.

render

Voltan

@render I'm not looking to buy extended storage anytime soon (I might need it if I decide to play CoD again but that just got a whole lot less likely) but many people are asking for this (or like to use it as console war ammo) - and now it seems to be coming soon. So good news, I guess

Voltan

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Me too. It depends on the game. Certain games can get panned by the critics and I’ll still be excited about. Kena is probably one of those, but I also know very little about it. I’ve watch a small amount of the footage they shared and have a basic idea, but I’ve kept away from large details. Yet, due to my backlog if the reviews are scathing or the game is broken or something then it will affect my feeling of urgency for it. Same with the price.

Obviously I didn’t shy away from paying $70 for Returnal and will pay it for R&C soon; the big exclusives will usually garner my day 1 support but at the same time I always like a good deal if I can find one! 😄 Again, backlog being my limitation. A few years ago I’d just pre-order and buy everything I’m excited for on day 1, but then more and more those game began sitting on the shelf for months before their number came up. So I reckon the only sure-thing day 1 purchases coming up will be Forbidden West. But sometimes I impulse buy 😄

————————

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution For me it all depends on whether I'm ready to play a game or not. If I'm in the middle of something I will try and hold out until I'm finished. I've mentioned before I've tried to not to buy games just because they are on sale or the shiny new thing that is out, as I was just ending with a mountain of games to play, some of them not touched for months.

As for Kena, I've seen enough of the game to warrant a purchase, I don't tend to watch or read a whole lot of stuff beforehand as I prefer to find out naturally by playing the game. Last gen I found a lot games were spoiled for me a bit and I would rather not known some of thing shown off in trailers and previews.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic