Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 4,712

Voltan

@Th3solution Nah, I think they really want to encourage being nice to other players. Not too sure that it's working

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Yeah, Could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if they implemented a way to leave public derogatory labels on other players. 😂
I do like the attempts at least to make the online gaming community more collegial.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution I can imagine that would be a badge of honour for some people 🤣

render

RogerRoger

@Voltan Brilliant, thanks for listing those new features. Honestly, I'm most excited about finally being able to save a one-minute clip of recent gameplay because you're right, choosing between 30 seconds and five minutes was somewhat ridiculous! Vertical trophies will also be a godsend.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

I'm actually more excited about the vertical trophies than I am the extended storage. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they are finally adding it for all the people that have been wanting it since Day 1, but I'm definitely not getting another hard drive anytime soon. I've been disappointed with how they butchered a really clean trophy look from the PS4 since Day 1, so them finally making real strides with the PS5's UI with the last update and this one.

Just like the stock issues, it's taken a bit longer than expected to start getting the UI in the condition it should be, but at least we're finally getting there. Now they need to try to work on getting the What's New page back.

Sucks about Kena, as now I have to choose between starting Tales of Arise right away and pushing Kena back until I'm done with it or vice versa. I don't want to do either as they are probably my two most anticipated games (not named Horizon Forbidden West) of the year at this point, but something will have to give obviously.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

A quick question came to mind while reading recent articles and comments about the new installable SSD internal memory drives — is it true that adding and deleting games over and over on a drive is unhealthy for it? Seems like I heard or read somewhere that repeatedly deleting things and installing things over and over will shorten the life of your hard drive. I’m not sure how practical, or even how true, that statement is, but if so then I’ll be more apt to try the installment of the expanded internal memory sooner rather than later since installing, deleting and porting to external memory, then reinstalling back again repeatedly over the next seven years might “wear out” my PS5 faster. Or am I being silly to even worry about that? I admit my ignorance on these techy tidbits.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yes you are being silly and there is no need to worry about such things. I'm gonna buy you a 'Dummies Guide to PS5' if this carries on!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Lol, thanks and I’d very much enjoy such a guide! 😅
But that does put my mind at ease about just waiting on the expandable internal memory. I’ll wait until there are plenty of options and cheaper alternatives. Deleting and redownloading isn’t too bad on the PS5, and mostly can be done really quickly.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution All types of hard drive (like all types of technology, really) have a limited lifespan. SSDs are generally considered to burn through said lifespan a little quicker than other, more traditional forms of rewritable memory, but you're still looking at thousands of rewrites before any lasting damage is done.

I would expect that, unless you're planning on uninstalling and reinstalling a 100Gb game every other day, your PS5's SSD will last the lifespan of your console.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks! It’s probably contained in Dummies Guide to PS5 early chapters but Johnny is still working on getting me a copy. 😄 But I appreciate the context of how many rewrites it would likely take to have any damaging effect. Certainly by then I’ll be able to buy a PS5 Pro Slim Plus for $250 off the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Have you (or anyone else) taken apart your PS5 to do a deep cleaning yet?

I famously didn’t even think to do this to my PS4 until it had been in my possession under heavy usage for about 5 years. Supposedly PS5 cleans easier but I don’t feel like mine needs any cleaning yet, so just wondering what the average cleaning schedule people are going to follow.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You may notice a difference towards the end of the consoles lifetime, but i wouldn't stress over it this early in the consoles life span.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@Th3solution It took about 3 or 4 years for the hard drive in my PS4 Slim to go so it’s honestly all just down to luck and making sure you clean the system.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ryall

@redd214 Are you part of the early access program for the new firmware?

Ryall

KilloWertz

@Voltan You are not wrong since it's almost as much as the PS5 itself, but I won't criticize. Do whatever you wanna do obviously, @redd214. It is supposed to be good.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ryall

@redd214 Impressive. I look forward to your report. I’ll probably be joining you after the public release.

Ryall

redd214

@KilloWertz I appreciate you not criticizing lol!

@Ryall yeah, storage has been a thorn in my side since the beginning, one ps5 was basically full in the first week!

EDIT: change of plans ha, going with the WD Black SN850 instead!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

Eh, I've kinda got used to deleting stuff off my console these days. Maybe when they've come down in price, but as it is now feels a bit too pricey just for a little bit of convenience. Each to their own though.

Who wants to see what the new look trophy system? Here you go!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic