Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 4,712

HallowMoonshadow

I've kept an eye on it since it first announced @Kidfried but I never quite wanted to pull the trigger on it (Probably in part due to me not quite gelling with MGS 4 or 5 and me a smidge aprehensive).

It was only after Sol's praise that I've always thought "@Th3solution REALLY really liked this... I should give it a chance" whenever I've seen it online.

Quite luckily I hadn't picked it up yet though for this to be announced so I can play a definitive edition of it. Hopefully it has a PS4 to PS5 upgrade path for everyone whom already has it though.

... Just it'll be an even longer wait of me actually getting round to it and picking it up now as I still need to get a PS5 to play it on... So 2023 it is. 😅

As said above the @Th3solution to kid I've unfortunately been distracted by other games to purchase everytime I've seen it but your praise has been always been on my mind regarding it... So your praise strewn throughout the forums didn't fall on deaf ears Sol! 😄

Hopefully there's a lot of neat new additions that don't distract too much from a game you wholeheartedly enjoyed.

Maybe the "director's cut" is simply some stuff that the PS4 couldn't do? Dunno what that'd be though... Perhaps the flying mounts that Horizon was supposed to have ha ha

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’m glad my praise didn’t die silently out there in the ether, although it makes me a little uncomfortable just in case the game bombs with you. Depending on which aspects of MGS 4 and 5 dissuaded you, it might end the same with Death Stranding. But I doubt it will crash as hard since you have no preexisting experience with the world to compare it to. I’ll be keeping my eye out for whatever announcements drop about the directors cut. The promo certainly had a MGS vibe to it with the cardboard box and stealth room set up displayed. I could see maybe including some supplemental Mule enemy camps like that to explore, but honestly, the human encounters were some of the least interesting parts to the game. Perhaps this is Kojima’s attempt to make them more interesting by “Snake-ifying” Sam Porter Bridges. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah I'm more interested in what the trailer means for MGS going forward. I'm hoping it means kojima saying to Bluepoint to handle the remake with care. Or it could be kojima trolling us again and it means nothing. 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

the directors cut IS MGS remake. lol

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I try to bit a more realistic, but things have been a bit bizarro in nerd culture land in recent times, so I would not count out anything really. I used to a bit more cynical about 10 years ago, but have got a bit more opened minded of late. Except when it comes to scheduling my gaming, I've drop kicked that idea out the window ages ago.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeh that **** will be a metaphorical boomerang and come back to hit you upside your head not long after you hit 40 🤣... luckily for you I'm not one to say 'I told you so' 🤥

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

Rift Apart had the 2nd best launch in UK (physical sales) of all PS5 games so far - beating Valhalla and Village. No 1 is Miles Morales (same developer).

It also had the 2nd best launch in the series, after the 2016 game (which was a $40 game). Far ahead of A Crack in Time in 3rd place.

Just a couple fun facts

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I thought 70 quid was too expensive for anything to be considered a success?

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Can’t say I contributed to that success myself… because I’m not in the UK

Voltan

nessisonett

Abandoned = Subprofessional

Or was that Cyberpunk 🤔

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@Voltan oh c'mon devs you can't do this knowing full well it's not silent hill!

lol just imagine the shock if Abandoned was a teaser for silent hill al allong though.

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Steven Seagal is still on then.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic