Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 4,712

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I kinda want either a squirrel or seagull game now. Third person obvs.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

Dang, I just found out the console doesn't support Bluetooth headsets...

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Yeah, I hoped I could connect mine wirelessly especially considering they’re Sony made but nope.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett I pretty much bought them for my PS5. Bummer. Figured any headset would work, cause it's like 2021 and all. Should've done the research I know, but it's a little baffling nonetheless.

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Do you have a wire to connect them to your controller? It’s a ludicrous oversight for sure.

Octane

@nessisonett Probably, hadn't thought of that. Will try it out soon for sure! Thanks!

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane Yeah, I use mine wired with the controller or I connect them via Bluetooth to my TV instead!

Octane

@nessisonett That's another option I guess! I don't know if my TV can handle that, but I'll give it a try tomorrow!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane @nessisonett I don't think it's an oversight, it is intentional as there would be too much latency with normal Bluetooth headsets that use A2DP. A2DP will be lagged around 100-200ms, and that would make things feel weird when you are using those devices, especially when it comes to playing online and with voice chat. ​Which is why the supported wireless headphones have a usb dongle.

However, I have a pair connected to my TV with Bluetooth, and not noticed anything that strange when using my PS5. But I've not used them for online play or for voice chat. I only stopped using them when I started Returnal and used the headphones I had for my PS4 so I could experience the 3D audio.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Just wanted to make a prediction.

• We have already heard that the previous PS5 performance patch for The Last of Us Part II is only their "first step of working on the PS5". I still expect a full blown PS5 upgrade of some sort for the game.
  • We also expect The Last Of Us 2 Factions to release sometime soon.
  • We also heard the rumor of their being a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima in the works
  • We also know that Sucker Punch still hasn't released a PS5 upgrade for GoT, but is supposedly working on it.
  • We also have seen multiple instances of next-gen upgrades being announced alongside new game instances. Example: Miles Morales, A Plague Tale.

So my prediction for the next State of Plays is that we'll get:

• an announcement for TLOU Factions alongside a PS5 upgrade for TLOU2
  • announcement for a Ghost of Tsushima sequel alongside a PS5 upgrade for GOT

Kidfried

JigsawPieces

That would suit me very well, as I've somehow not played either of those games

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

Octane

@Kidfried I'm okay with that, provided we also get a God of War trailer.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Geoff Keighley said the full reveal of Death Stranding Director's Cut was in a few weeks when Summer Game Fest Kickoff Live happened on June 10th so we're probably getting close to the next State of Play.

Grumblevolcano

Voltan

@Grumblevolcano I’ve seen “July 8” come up a few times but obviously nothing official and not even a lot to support that date.

Voltan

Kidfried

@Voltan Yea, July 8 is an interesting one, because different leakers have mentioned the date. Not all of them leakers with a great track record. One of them is Serrano, who has been right only a few times. So I can see that going both ways.

I'm pretty confident there's something coming up this summer. That's not because I have read interesting sources or sometihng like that, but only because Sony has these State of Plays regularly.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Octane I would love more God of War, but I don't see that happening before we have a Horizon date.

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried I’ll be a bit miffed if they now announce a Ghost upgrade seeing as I’m currently playing it. It already looks and runs fantastic as it is!

Thrillho

KilloWertz

Had one before and sold it, but I bought another PS5 on Thursday from Sony and got it yesterday. Left it on overnight to download several updates to games I installed, but woke up this morning to find that all 3 updates were paused because it wanted me to insert the play discs for them. It downloaded everything but 1 MB for Ratchet & Clank and Immortals: Fenyx Rising, so obviously those instantly installed after the discs were put in, but unfortunately it didn't download anything for Mass Effect until I put the disc in. Is that something new that Sony added in a firmware update? I don't recall discs having to be inserted being a requirement before with installing updates, as I had installed updates in the past with no issues.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@KilloWertz First time I'm hearing about this tbh. I'm installing updates for games I have on discs (and the discs are not inserted) all the time.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic