Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 2,573

NEStalgia

I've had the impression for a while that the focus in dpad design now is all about 4 directions and actively sabotaging diagonals. It's all about those weapon switches/emotes/comms in online shooters. Razer premium controllers have basically made diagonals impossible (sometimes literally for some time. Now that Japan and the FG genre are in the rear view, i guess they figured it's a good time to forget that.

Though personally I never really loved any Sony dpad. They've always felt mushy to me. I actually like the ds5 dpad more than the old ones, but i don't use them for FG, I'm a stick guy.

Ironically it's XBs new controller that has possibly the dreamiest dpad since the snes.... Anyone that remembers the 360 dpad will find that origins
Ironic.

And also ironically, nintendos is the worst of the bunch currently. How hard could it be for the inventor of the dpad to build a good one?

Hori pads probably win if you must play FG on a pad. It's meant for it. If they're making ps5 accessories yet. I wonder if my ps4 stick adapter for my xb stick works on ps5? Probably not. Dang....

NEStalgia

TheIdleCritic

@NEStalgia I'm too old now to learn how to game on a stick. Perhaps I'll buy a DS4 just for fighters. Although when they start making next gen only games I suppose I'll have to invest in a Hori, like you said.

KidBoruto

Arugula wrote:

@KidBoruto I read that as turning 18 on January 32nd. Seems legit. πŸ€“

Happy Birthday and I hope you like the new system!

Haha alot of people IRL mistake me to be 18-25 tbh, so I'll take the compliment. XD

Thank you, I plan to setup the PS5 after lunch today, need to wake up fully first.

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@KidBoruto Happy birthday and enjoy your PS5 πŸ€™πŸ»

Thanks for the birthday wish, and I certainly hope so! Plan to beat Astro's Playroom and Bugsnax first, then dive back into my PS4 backlog.

Never bought any PS5 games, waiting for 2021's slate of PS5 exclusives.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidBoruto (Ryan)#1987 | Telegram ID: KidBoruto89

PSN: KidBoruto89 | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@TheIdleCritic yeah, muscle memory matters....i adore stick.... But i started in the arcades.... . Me trying fighters with dpads leads to comical results. Though vita didn't have a half bad pad.

At least hori pads are fairly cheap... At least the wired variants. I have a wired one for switch that's pretty nice. Weird cheap ergonomics but quality buttons. I have an Onyx for ps4, but it has horrid input lag like all 3rd party ps4 wireless controllers. I've heard nacon may have fixed that in theirs, but i haven't heard it about hori onyx. Not that it matters much for ps5 but it gives me little hope for wireless third party peripherals on ps5. Wired though, shouldn't be more than $20 when it exists, and hori dpads are designed for FG specifically.

.... When it exists...

NEStalgia

TheFrenchiestFry

I really want to give that Razer Raion controller a whirl in terms of new PlayStation/PC game pads

Apparently it's actually really solid but also a bit more on the expensive side because Razer

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

EB Games is an embarassment to Canada

Seriously. their "waiting room" for PS5 stock basically ensures you're never getting a console

TheFrenchiestFry

R1spam

Well after having to send my first ps5 back to retailer because of constant ce-108255-1 errors and sony not committing to this being a hardware issue, I have been lucky enough to buy another today. Delivery tomorrow and am very excited to gey back to spiderman and astros playroom. Only problem is in the interim I bought a series x with two years game pass as well. Next time I post, I may be divorced! Wish me luck....

R1spam

redd214

Up on Target right now for store pickup! Was able to easily secure another one, no fuss at all.

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 What did you use for stock notification? I happened upon your post and checked and found that Target indeed had them a few minutes ago but sold out in 8 minutes.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

redd214

@Th3solution just randomly got on Twitter and Cheap ass gamer had sent out a post about it 2 mins before I logged on lol. Clicked the link and was in and out in a minute. Dumb luck honestly. Unfortunately the store is about an hour away but small price to pay to help someone out!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 Ah, nice! I’m not on Twitter, so that’s one less resource. I have logged into nowinstock.net and downloaded HotStock, based on recommendations on here, but I’ve not yet found them helpful. Mostly because I’m typically tied up at the time the sale goes live and by the time I log on (10 minutes later) it’s too late.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

redd214

@Th3solution nowinstock has been great in the past but honestly for these systems its just too slow. I used it back in November but the notifications would come 10-15 minutes late thus making them useless. Still a helpful site for certain products but these systems just go way too fast unfortunately

redd214

andreoni79

I keep reading things about a certain "PS5" . None of my friends have one and shops don't have them on their shelves. Even online it's unavailable...
Two months later its release I start doubting about its existence.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

MaulTsir

@andreoni79 they exist but you have to be part of the illuminati or attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry but even they have stopped taking students until at least 2022.

MaulTsir

JohnnyShoulder

@MaulTsir Yeah they call themselves Scalpers lol.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentley-Ma-

My advice to all those people trying to get a PS5 is to just wait until you can easily get one, rather than spending your time scouring websites searching for one. Don't get me wrong, it's a good console, but I sold mine (at a loss. I'd feel bad charging more than I paid for it) and don't regret it. I was mostly using it for PS4 games, so it just made sense to sell it and go back to my PS4. It'll definitely be worth owning when the good games start to roll out, but as it stands the only good exclusive you can play on PS5 right now is Demon Souls, everything else can also be played on PS4. I had just as much fun playing through the PS4 version of Miles Morales as I did playing it on PS5.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentley-Ma-

Jimmy_VNC82

I maintain the walmart walk in is the best opportunity to purchase a ps5. Early monring, before store opens form a line. chances are you will probably be alone since its after Christmas, thus risk of covid is rather minute. Will be going for a second purchase this week using that formula. Good luck to all still on the search!!

Jimmy_VNC82

PSN: ChillBuckets_4 | Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

I think I'll just call EB Games and ask to be put on my local store's waiting list to pick it up in store. I'm about to completely give up on this "online only" bs

TheFrenchiestFry

MaulTsir

@Bentley-Ma- I must admit I feel the total opposite, I agree if you have a ps4 pro and its a year or 2 old then yeah I would definitely not rush in to in, your only missing access to a few exclusives but I had a year 1 ps4 and I can tell you now that even though I haven't played one single ps5 game (apart from Astros playroom) its been so worth upgrading to the ps5 for reasons such as loading speed, noise, joy pad, Internet speed which was always good on ps4 I would get around 110mb but now with the ps5 when I test I get around 160 to 170, even minor improvements such as graphics which admittedly don't bother me to much anyway. The main 2 are the loading speeds and the noise and I can tell you now I played The Last Of Us 2 on my ps5 and the difference was incredible well worth having a ps5 over a ps4 just to enjoy the quick and easy load times.

I held of playing Ghost Of Tsushima, Final Fantasy Remake, Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Days gone and I even stopped playing games like Warzone and the Division 2 because of the load times and noise of my ps4 and I even changed the thermal paste 2 year ago and give it a good clean out every 2 years now I feel like I finally have a piece of hardware that will easily run these games

MaulTsir

redd214

@MaulTsir Agreed! Though our Ps5s at the moment are mainly used for playing ps4/crossgen games. I cant imagine going back. Everything is just so much better, smoother, faster that alone is worth it to me.

And to be honest they really are getting easier to get by the week, at least here in the US. If someone wants one as is paying attention, its much much easier than the last 2 months. At least one retailer drops some every weekday

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic