Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 4,712

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett Iโ€™m saying that social media has spawned the current hate-culture not that it is only a thing that transpires on social media.

And Iโ€™m old so I hold the age-old right to complain about young people... young people today will also do it when they are old about the young people of the future... just you wait and see.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@redd214 Thanks! Iโ€™m in the cue. Now what?

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

redd214

@Th3solution just gotta wait anf cross your fingers my friend!! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿพ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿพ

redd214

Octane

Sackboy and a DualSense combo is โ‚ฌ99 right now, instead of the usual 139. Very tempting...

Octane

Th3solution

@redd214 Fail. ๐Ÿ˜”
Thanks for the heads up though. Keep me in the the loop.
I was in there in time to at least be in the lottery though. I was having to keep one eye on the phone while I was working though ๐Ÿ˜…

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

redd214

@Th3solution ahh that sucks man. PS direct is a tough nut to crack. I haven't been able to score one off there since the initial preorder myself. Great thing is though if you do get lucky and snag one there it'll be at your house in literally 2 days!

Usually no drops on weekends but will post if I see anything

redd214

Th3solution

@redd214 Sounds good. Thanks, man.

BAMozzy

FINALLY!!!! I have managed to get a PS5 ordered!! Had to order a Bundle with Extra Controller, Cyberpunk, Black Ops and Watchdogs: Legion but at least I have been able to place an Order...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@Octane Thanks - I would sell Watchdogs but I don't know if I could be bothered. I would play Black Ops - at least the Campaign and I have Cyberpunk on my Series X so could sell that too but waiting for the game to be patched for the new consoles and could use it to play a different path and/or compare.

From my perspective, I am just glad to have a PS5 for Horizon 2 and can finish Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima etc. Even without playing the 3 games, I have many games in my collection to play.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

BAMozzy

@Octane I have no doubt - I have been following Digital Foundry (and a few others) to keep up to date with all the breakdowns of the benefits of playing some of these 'older' titles on PS5. I won't be playing God of War again though - having got the Platinum but I have so many other games to play. I could probably go a whole year (or more) without buying ANY games and still have numerous games to play - Most of which would benefit by playing on the PS5 in some way (visual and/or performance gains).

In any case, I am just happy that I have eventually been able to place an order with a reputable retailer, pay 'retail' pricing etc. Whilst I probably wouldn't have picked that bundle if I had more options - even just the console, I can't complain about getting a spare controller and a Dual charger (not official). The other bundles were less my taste (Cyberpunk, Demon Souls & MK11 or Dirt 5, MXGP20 & Ride 4) - all with extra controller and some other 'unofficial' extras (charge stations, headsets, plug and charge kits...)

The only game I hadn't really counted on playing was Watchdogs: Legion. I don't know whether its worth trying to sell or just stick it on the shelf and maybe will get round to trying it eventually. I just wanted to make sure I had a PS5 in place before Horizon 2 releases as that's my most anticipated PS5 only release.

Now just have to find some PS5 side plates in Black and a Black DS5. Wonder IF I could replace the Blue LEDs too... LOL

nessisonett

Iโ€™m annoyed that I missed out on the Amazon drop, my Amazon is set up to donate a percentage of the sale to charity and that would have been a good amount raised!

Plumbingโ€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ryall

@BAMozzy You can put a transparent coloured sticker over the LEDs if you want to. It will change the colour but it will also make them very dim.

Ryall

BAMozzy

@Ryall Maybe not necessarily a bad thing - LEDs can be quite bright in a 'dark' room

Ultimately, I would of liked that Black with the Red LEDs that has been mocked up. If I can do it easily, I would. The faceplates should be simple enough - even if I have to spray them!

Phil098

The Ps5 is such a beautiful system, currently too much $$$ for my blood but I'm pretty excited for where PlayStation is going.

Phil098

Thrillho

Argos in the UK dropped their stock in the middle of the night which is utterly ridiculous. Just playing to the scalpers now.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Not as bad as Very, who announced their drop in advance and it sold out in genuinely about a minute and a half.

Plumbingโ€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett This does make me laugh on the console description on Very;

DUE TO THE EXTREMELY LIMITED SUPPLY OF THIS PRODUCT AND TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE, WE ARE LIMITING PURCHASES TO ONE ITEM PER ACCOUNT. ANY ADDITIONAL ORDERS PLACED WILL BE CANCELLED.

Play has no Limits

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic