Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 4,712

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah like Kyle said it is better off with someone that will actually use the console. Hopefully your ps4 lasts out, wasn't there something wrong with, which was one of the reasons you got a ps5 in the first place?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JimbobLink

@NEStalgia I would also like to know if it's OK to attach external storage to PS5 now. My PS5 is arriving in less than a week, and I can see me still wanting to carry on with many PS4 games.

JimbobLink

NEStalgia

@nessisonett hah! Yeah... That's it...i probably did the right thing deleting it after all! I feel a little bad throwing away free play of what's seemingly a good game, but between the ui and the slow start.... Yeah there's a lot of games I'm probably going to enjoy more right now (including xv which i haven't finished and the whole xiii trilogy on xb bc... Played the original at launch on ps3, hated it, but I'm enjoying it much more with proper expectations.

That ps4 ui is seriously iffy. Only other game I've played with a similar ui is planet coaster. It similarly prevents me enjoying it. (I could hook up a mouse on ps5 ...)

@kyleforrester87 lol, it's seriously depressing that the commonly started primary benefit of ps5 is that it doesn't require ear protection like it's predecessor

@JimbobLink it doesn't help that they never officially acknowledged the problem at all, and will this never announce they fixed it.

Granted millions of users are probably using rest and usb storage just fine. But i know I'd be the unlucky one if i tried it prematurely!

NEStalgia

nessisonett

@NEStalgia I also just sink an incredible amount of hours into games on my laptop since I can sit on it all day while the telly’s on in the background and use my DS4. I somehow managed to put 40 hours into AC Unity and complete it in roughly a week. It helps that I have friends who play FFXIV as well so it was great fun getting smooshed by massive tortoises with friends.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

kyleforrester87

@NEStalgia yeahhhh but really, I am enjoying some last gen games all the more as a result. The speedier loading is nice too. And I am looking forward to Dark Souls 3 @ 60fps.

And, Demon Souls was worth getting the console at launch I reckon!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Bentleyma

I'm really liking the PS5, but I kind of wish I held off on getting one. Astro's Playroom was amazing, but I'm mostly playing PS4 games right now and the PS5 games that I have finished have PS4 versions. Sure it's nice that the PS4 games run better, especially because I only had a base PS4, but I don't think I'd be missing much if I stuck with my PS4. Although I am about to start Cyberpunk 2077, which from what I've read is a train wreck on the base PS4!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Mega-Gazz

kyleforrester87 wrote:

And, Demon Souls was worth getting the console at launch I reckon!

It’s been so hard to ignore that thread to avoid spoilers.... but I’m playing it now that I’ve finished my PS4 backlog.

DS3 at 60fps is tempting, too. Last time I tried that and bloodborne the frame rate dips were so bad I wonder how I ever put up with it, nvm get the plats.

Mega-Gazz

NEStalgia

@kyleforrester87 haha yeah, while I'm enjoying and looking forward to other "next gen" games, i went into both xsx and ps5 primarily as a gpu and load speed upgrade. My library between the two is ginormous, and almost all of it gets at least somewhat improved. I don't need new games until ps8. But I'll buy them anyway...

I'm very much not a souls fan, though, so that launch title falls pretty flat for me. I'll still buy it someday when it's $20 or so just to check it out. I own most of the other From games, but they just sit there. It's ok though, they're making it up to me with R&C in the launch window, and the GoT framerate patch.

NEStalgia

redd214

Sorry haven't been around lately but if anyone still needs one Bestbuy is having stock go up today. They haven't specified the exact time but merely said anytime after 9AM ET/6AM PT. MAke sure you're logged in and have your payment info saved!

redd214

redd214

Walmart going up at 3PM ET!

Glad availablity seems to be going up a bit, hope it continues

redd214

redd214

@KidBoruto don't give up hope man! Most of what I saw from the Walmart orders were for 1st or 2nd week of January but some folks picked up their Best buy orders today even. Still got a chance at Newegg this week (most likely tomorrow) and probably ps direct though that one in particular is by far the hardest from my experience unless you're literally in front of the computer the second the queue goes live.

As far as the pro goes I expect a price adjustment on the ps4 models early next year. MSRP on the pro is still $400 so even with the scarcity of the 5 just a bad deal to get a new one.

redd214

sanderson72

@KidBoruto I'd suggest popping the lid of the Pro and clear out the fan. Mine's been running fine for over 3 years now but was getting louder. Unclipped the top and used a vacuum cleaner on lowest power to get rid of the stubborn dust from the fan. Running as quiet as when it was new now. Also, could try upgrading the hard drive - maybe an SSD? I take it you've tried the rebuild databases option from the safe mode menu?

Edited on by sanderson72

sanderson72

sanderson72

@redd214 I'm waiting until all the launch bugs and missing functionality have been fixed from feedback by early adopters. Might even get a £50 price drop next Black Friday!

sanderson72

Jaz007

I tried out Borderlands 3. I love the trigger resistance on it. Even when it's not as detailed I think COD is supposed to be, it still feels great. The reload haptic feedback strong. When a clip is drilling into the gun, the feedback is so strong I can feel my skin crawl. It's kind of cool though. I didn't realize how strong the Dualsense could vibrate until now, though.

Jaz007

nessisonett

My local Royal Mail depot has had a massive Covid outbreak meaning that absolutely no mail is being delivered for the foreseeable. Meaning that this PS5 that was due to arrive last week is now scheduled to arrive on... the 26th December. Fan-f***ing-tastic.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic