Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 4,717

Jaz007

So Spider-Man Remastered has started playing the opening logos for Sony and Marvel Etc. When I boot the game up, more than doubling the time to load up the game. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 I assume you are joking? šŸ˜‚

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@JohnnyShoulder No, after the first time it stopped showing the opening logos and the cinematics where the symbols played, it loaded the game right up in less than 7 seconds. Now it takes over 14 seconds to load up playing the opening symbols and such.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@redd214 Ok, Iā€™ll keep my eyes peeled. Never bought from Newegg before. It looks like they do a lot of bundles with extra controllers, games, etc.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

JigsawPieces

@andreoni79 That hasn't happened at all for me, so far. The only PS4 disc I've been using in the PS5 is No Man's Sky, but the first time I put it in I grabbed the free PS5 upgrade, which installed, and it's never tried to install the PS4 version for me.

What I have noticed is that when I boot the console and put the disc in, the selected "game version" for NMS is usually the PS5 version, but occasionally it's the PS4 version. I've no idea why it does that, but if I didn't notice, perhaps it would be easy to accidentally set it installing the PS4 version.

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

jdv95

@Jaz007 according to reddit it's random.

somtimes it skips the logos other times it does not.

no idea on what triggers the skip.

astro bot always shows the logos for me, AC valhalla skipped them yesterday.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

redd214

@Th3solution Newegg is legit, purchased from them many times. Target dropped another load early this morning and Walmarts around the country seem to be getting units here and vthere but only for in store purchases. Unfortunately Walmart has also made it damn near impossible to get accurate stock checks online so only option is going in and having an employee scan the barcode to see it they have some. Pro tip, if you do go into one, be polite obviously but don't believe a word that comes out of their mouth. Have them scan the barcode and actually show you in the screen what the numbers are.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Unlucky13

@Th3solution In the late 90s, I bought a bunch of PC components from them and a friend of mine helped me build a computer from the ground up. Unfortunately, I had a bunch of problems with it, and because I put it together myself, there wasn't really a warranty. That was the last time I ever tried anything like that, and I haven't shopped with them since.

Unlucky13

nessisonett

Looks like Royal Mail is an absolute mess right now because of the online shopping demand. Hereā€™s hoping this PS5 turns up this week otherwise itā€™s panic time šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Thankfully I've got my last Christmas present this week. Mind you I've used Amazon for 90% of items that I bought and none of those have been that bulky. Normal post always slows around about now, that is gonna be even more so this year.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Arugula No I havenā€™t. I donā€™t see the option on the app. Do I need to go into a store to sign up?

In fact, Iā€™m discouraged by the fact that many retailer apps have taken the PS5 completely off their digital storefront. When you search ā€œPS5ā€ all that comes up on many stores now is options for dual sense controllers amd PS5 games, etc. They donā€™t even show the consoles with a ā€œsold outā€ label anymore. The chances of my getting one before the end of the year is getting less and less I think. But maybe huge Christmas drops will occur, weā€™ll see.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Th3solution

@Arugula Yeah, I asked them that question at my local GameStop a few weeks prior to launch, and was told no. But perhaps they have a different policy now since the unit is released.

With the amount of money Iā€™ve siphoned through that company over the years youā€™d think they would have some kind of customer loyalty. Weā€™ll see.

NEStalgia

So do we know where things stand with the external storage and rest mode bug yet?

My ssd is full and spidey couldn't patch, so i had to find something to delete. I could have done ff7r, it's huge, but i really want to get to that soon ish. Ultimately i deleted ffxiv.... Which I'm kind of regretting. I still have 2.5 weeks of my free month I'm throwing away, but i just couldn't get into the start of the game. All the back and forth "go back to the guild, then out, then back, at slow speeds...i keep hearing it has great story but the first part of the game is so intensely boring. Maybe i should have given it a third try.

But if i could use my old spinning hdd, that wouldn't have been an issue.......... I'm still to fearful to plug it in though.

NEStalgia

nessisonett

@NEStalgia FFXIV starts out really slow but is totally worth a play to at least the end of the MSQ. I havenā€™t had time to sink into it recently so Iā€™m not quite into Heavensward but Iā€™d totally recommend going back. I sunk 80 hours in about 3 weeks of play. Which is rather sad.

Th3solution

Out of curiosity ā€” has anyone tried playing Control on their PS5 via backwards compatibility yet? Iā€™m curious how it runs. Itā€™s one of the games that Iā€™ve held off on playing on PS4 due to reported issues with technical functionality. Just curious if the frame rate drops and loads are improved. I know a PS5 version is planned but the PS4 version is on a deep sale right now.

NEStalgia

@nessisonett Ugh, someone WOULD have to tell me that..... How soon does it get better after that beginning... It's really... Really.... Slow? Dated? Feels like an EverQuest era mmo? Maybe my biggest problem is the ui is so mouse oriented.... The controller layout is... Usable. But it makes me play like a gaming noob fumbling with it constantly.

At the start. Deleting a game with a 1 month timed play month felt wrong, but without the external drive i need the space.

I guess I'll have to either connect the old hdd or download the 50gb again. And then delete either gow or hzd. Only to redownload them again later. If they fixed the rest issue itd be no issue, all this stuff is on the old ps4 drive.

NEStalgia

R1spam

Well, I'm officially sad today! Have packed up my ps5 to go back after multiple errors playing astrobot and spiderman remastered. Switching off Ray tracing definitely helped for spiderman but astrobot is buggy af, constant crashes in most areas where astro zips into into a suit, like the rocket. To make things worse, sold my ps4 to fund purchase. Will be in the hunt for a new one and heading back to the 360 days to play alan wake, portal 2, gtav4 ballad of gay tony and witcher 2. Hope to get new system early in the new year.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

@NEStalgia I play on PC solely because the UI on PS4 is so complicated and annoying!

kyleforrester87

@Arugula sounds like the right move since you havenā€™t been enjoying it. Better it goes to someone who is and you can get one again in the future when there are more games you fancy. That said, I doubt youā€™ll pay less for 1-2 years. Maybe a game bundled in or something.

I am really loving my PS5 though. Just playing games without all the f**king racket is so good.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic