Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 4,717

JJ2

I always leave my consoles in rest mode with my controller plugged in so its fully charged. A couple of times I found my PS5 was turn off and had to press the power button instead of just picking up the controller as I usually do. Maybe a coincidence but that happened when I didnt plug my controller (since it's not needed as often as the DS4).

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

TheOtherEden

Hey at least you got one lol. I’m not sure if I should just give up and wait until next year or at least when it’s easier to get one. I hope it gets easier to get one honestly. @nessisonett

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

Jaz007

I just booted up Valhalla. I’m impressed with it’s options is far. You can boost dialogue volume, change the frequency of music playing, make all assassinations a one-shot, disable nudity, blood, or dismemberment, and prioritize graphics or framerate. It’s good stuff. I’ve the nudity filter turned on, and there’s a good chance I’ll turn on the one-shot option.
Side they added trigger tension for bows, I’m hoping for more haptic feedback soon.
Edit: they have separate difficulties for exploration, combat, and stealth. Stellar options indeed.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

redd214

@KidBoruto stock is already improving. Ps direct had a sizable queue today. Target us supposedly dropping either tomorrow or Wednesday online. Probably 6 AM ish ET so set that alarm! I doubt you'll be able to just randomly walk in a store and see one to buy anytime soon but things are already looking up, good luck!

redd214

sanderson72

@KidBoruto Same here with the Crucial 1Tb drive. I wasn't sure about cleaning the fan either but the instructions to do so are very easy. Have the Pro pointing away from you and pop both corners of the front free (this WILL make a somewhat worrying cracking noise but it's OK!)
Slide the lid back and off and beneath that, you'll see a dust encrusted fan! Clean it, replace the lid and be stunned about how quiet it is!

sanderson72

Th3solution

@redd214 Yeah, looks like several drops onto Amazon, PS Direct, and Target occurred within the last couple days. But each stock was drained in a few minutes. I wonder how long until the scalpers give up. We wouldn’t have this problem if they stocked physical stores. As long as this pandemic looms, we won’t see much of that, unfortunately

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

@Th3solution Scalpers are already feeling some desperation if prices are anything to go by. The ask prices are plummeting by the day

At this point I would venture to say that while yes they're still selling out quickly, majority are going to folks who are actually interested in using them more than people looking to make some cash at this point.

redd214

Jaz007

My save game in Valhalla is bugged. Every time I laid it up Evior is drunk. It’s funny, but more annoying at this point to be honest.

Jaz007

LiamCroft

@Jaz007 It's a bug caused by the current Luna festival. If you fast travel anywhere, the effect goes away.

PSN ID: Liam_Croft

KidRyan

redd214 wrote:

@KidBoruto stock is already improving. Ps direct had a sizable queue today. Target us supposedly dropping either tomorrow or Wednesday online. Probably 6 AM ish ET so set that alarm! I doubt you'll be able to just randomly walk in a store and see one to buy anytime soon but things are already looking up, good luck!

I caved in and just paid an extra $300 to order a PS5 from StockX. They should have my order delivered before February, fingers crossed!

sanderson72 wrote:

@KidBoruto Same here with the Crucial 1Tb drive. I wasn't sure about cleaning the fan either but the instructions to do so are very easy. Have the Pro pointing away from you and pop both corners of the front free (this WILL make a somewhat worrying cracking noise but it's OK!)

Slide the lid back and off and beneath that, you'll see a dust encrusted fan! Clean it, replace the lid and be stunned about how quiet it is!

I'll definitely re-consider this if my PS4 Pro randomly crashes, before my PS5 arrives late January.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@KidBoruto You paid an extra 300 bucks and you won't get the console until February?! For that I would want next day delivery! Makes the 10 pounds delivery I was charged from GAME a bargain now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

Does anyone know if No Man’s Sky save daga transfers from PS5 to PS4? I want to play it in and VR and the PS5 version if I get it.

Jaz007

colonelkilgore

@Jaz007

I haven’t tried it personally but I heard a guy on Easy Allies mention that he had done that recently with no issues.

**** DLC!

Jaz007

@colonelkilgore Thanks, but I’m reading some reports of it not working that way so I need someone that’s done. It’s downright misleading of them to say don’t worry backwards compability will let you play VR but that is has to be a different save file for VR that has separate progress.
This may dissuade me from getting No Man’s Sky. It’s a needed and important feature to have it be a two-way transfer.

Jaz007

KidRyan

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@KidBoruto You paid an extra 300 bucks and you won't get the console until February?! For that I would want next day delivery! Makes the 10 pounds delivery I was charged from GAME a bargain now.

I was sick and tired of the constant drama trying to buy one legitimately from an online retailer.

Nor did I have the patience to wait for Sony's promised "mass restock".

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

redd214

@KidBoruto Oh wow, well hope it ships quickly for you. I've already started seeing next gen consoles sitting on store shelves at retailers over the weekend. Thinks it's going to get much easier to snag em moving forward. At least ya got one, congrats!

redd214

Octane

@KidBoruto Do they even have them in store themselves? They're probably waiting for a restock as well if the delivery time is that long... By February new stock should be readily available. For all we know Sony restocks next week...

Octane

Jimmy_VNC82

got mine in store from walmart walk in on 12/9. been playing a ton of 2k21, fifa, sackboy, and just dove into demons souls this past weekend. Will defeat the tower knight tonight

Jimmy_VNC82

PSN: ChillBuckets_4 | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

So I finally managed some time with the PS5 over the hols and also treated myself with Christmas money to the Pulse 3D headphones and a copy of 'The Pathless'. The game is really rather wonderful and the headphones sound great too.

I still have Demon's Souls on the shelf but to be honest, struggling to be in the right headspace to tackle that. It looks amazing and I know it is great but.. possibly too stressful for me right now. I might try and tackle some smaller PS4 games from my backlog first.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic