Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 4,717

jdv95

@Ryall i can login to the store,my account (the same on ps4) and download PS plus games.

but if i go the library on ps5 it's empty,exept for AC valhalla because i donwloaded the free ps5 upgrade and some ps plus games i downloaded today.

jdv95

Ryall

@jdv95 I forgotten the exact term used but they should be the option to verify your licenses In the settings menu.

Ryall

jdv95

Ryall wrote:

@jdv95 I forgotten the exact term used but they should be the option to verify your licenses In the settings menu.

it worked ! thank you guys!

jdv95

redd214

@Th3solution that sucks man. From everything I'm reading the PS direct queue appears to be quite literally a lottery as in its not really about how quickly you get it, it's 100% luck based.

Both Target and Walmart are strongly rumored to have more drops in the upcoming week. As soon as they're live I'll tag ya if I can!

redd214

Mega-Gazz

Anyone know how to get more game icons to appear on the ps5 menu? There was such an option on ps4. I know, I know, first world problems.

Mega-Gazz

MightyDemon82

Ok so that's 3 platinums from 3 really enjoyable experiences on PS5 (Astro's Playroom/Spider-man Miles Morales/Bugsnax) next up Demon's Souls and currently downloading Worms Rumble to give it a shot!

MightyDemon82

BearsEatBeets

Just had my first issue with my PS5. Miles Morales randomly froze on a cutscene and then no buttons on the controller or console worked. Had to unplug the PS5. Restarted with the warning about turning off properly but the game resumed at the start of the cutscene and played out fine.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

andreoni79

A question for the lucky owners: did they fix the problem of both the PS4/PS5 versions of the same game installed at the same time? I still have to play GoT and Days Gone so I planned to play them on a PS5; If I buy the disc version will I be forced to huge downloads? I'd like to know the details since I have just a slow 50GB/month internet plan...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Voltan

@andreoni79 Not sure which problem you're referring to. If a game has both PS4 and PS5 versions, you can have both installed at the same time and select which one you want to use (or you can just have one). If you have a PS4 disc for a game with an upgrade, it will still try to install the PS4 version from disc - this was not fixed yet but you can cancel the copy process and the PS5 version will still work.
That said - none of the games you mentioned have PS5 versions. It's just the PS4 version getting a boost in compatibility mode. If you install them from disc, you'll probably have to download the latest patch to take advantage of that, and those will probably be pretty big (especially Tsushima, which added the whole multiplayer component in the meantime)

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Mega-Gazz

@andreoni79 For a game like Borderlands 3 which has a ps5 and ps4 version, as soon as you trigger the download both versions download. BUT you can easily just go to the download centre immediately and cancel the ps5 version.

Both versions would exceed your 50gb/month

Mega-Gazz

andreoni79

@Voltan @Mega-Gazz Ok, thanks. So I should pause the download of the PS4 version and keep it paused (instead of cancelling it) to prevent it downloading automatically? Basically it's the same thing I do now for example with MH World and its 30gb Iceborne update...
BTW, they could solve the problem updating the OS before I have the chance to find a console...

JohnnyShoulder

@andreoni79 If you have ps plus you get days gone as part of the collection. Like has been mentioned, there is no PS5 version, just the PS4 version boosted.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

@JohnnyShoulder I'm an offline guy, but thanls for the tip!
@Mega-Gazz I read elsewhere that the PS5 re-download automatically the PS4 version of a game if the PS5 version in installed. Glad it's not true, then.

Th3solution

@Mega-Gazz But if he cancels the PS4 download, will it automatically start the download again the next time he puts the disc in? Say, for example with a Borderlands 3 disc copy, or Cyberpunk, or Watch Dogs Legion, Witcher 3, ....etc. I have to admit, it seems confusing to me too; maybe it’ll seem more obvious when I have a PS5. Between games that have a PS5 performance patch, games that have an actual PS5 free upgrade, and games that have a PS5 upgrade that’s not free, and then games with none of the above.... And then the apparent confusion with the PS5 not even being clear about which version of the game you are actually playing or downloading. I can see where people with data caps are concerned.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Mega-Gazz

andreoni79 wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder I'm an offline guy, but thanls for the tip!
@Mega-Gazz I read elsewhere that the PS5 re-download automatically the PS4 version of a game if the PS5 version in installed. Glad it's not true, then.

Speaking only for the digital version, this doesn’t happen.

Th3solution wrote:

@Mega-Gazz But if he cancels the PS4 download, will it automatically start the download again the next time he puts the disc in?

I haven’t bought a game on disc since the ps3 days.

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution wrote:

But if he cancels the PS4 download, will it automatically start the download again the next time he puts the disc in?

@Th3solution It shouldn't, I think your confusing it with pausing the download.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

This is very important to me since I have a huge PS4 backlog...
Can anyone confirm? If true, I'd happily wait even six months before trying to buy a PS5.
"According to a report from MP1ST, those upgrading from PS4 discs to the PS5 version of a game will see the console install both the free digital upgrade and the PS4 version. While this can be temporarily resolved by deleting the PS4 version of the game, it will apparently trigger the console to redownload the PS4 version automatically later in the background. This problem has been verified by several users on social media and, while not present on all consoles, it does appear to be prevalent enough that it's another PS5 problem that needs fixing from Sony."
source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/ps5-forced-instal...

Edited on by andreoni79

BaronSqwelch

My console started doing that today. Been playing the AC Valhalla PS4 disk for a week with no issue, only PS4 data installed was a 10.16meg file.

Today, every time I turned the console on it started installing the PS4 version. 3 times it happened.
Very annoying.

Only other niggle I've had with the console is 50% of the time when I open Sky Go or Disney+ I'll get no sound. Only way to get it working is to restart the console.

Edited on by BaronSqwelch

BaronSqwelch

MightyDemon82

@BaronSqwelch the no sound thing could be your t.v. my one sometimes does that but it's a simple fix of switching the channel to t.v. then back to HDMI for the console!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic