Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 4,717

BAMozzy

My original concept was a specific Game Pass for Sony - one that offered games from certain Studio's (like Bethesda, Arkane, Id) and maybe even some games from others (like Oblivion, inXile and Ninja Theory) but not games associated primarily with Xbox (like the Halo, Forza, Gears games). A special tailored version of games that may have a history and/or audience on Playstation. If it was the only way to play Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Doom, Wolfenstein etc as well as a selection of games like Outer Worlds 2, Hellblade 2 etc that had multi-platform released game before - a selection of Xbox Studio games - but not all.

Again that's hypothetical as I don't think Sony would allow it but stranger things have happened. MS have said they want their games on as many platforms as possible and a Game Pass app could be one way of doing that. There is a rumour too of a streaming stick you plug into your TV for Game Pass so that maybe another option. But with the talk about BC performance on PS5 of Fallout, the possibility of PS5 specific upgrades (another option that 'could' be available via a PS5 version of Game Pass) and the future of these games, I thought it would be an interesting discussion - would people buy a Game Pass subscription if it enabled them to play a selection of 'Xbox Studio' games on their PS5 - assuming that was the only option (hypothetically). It was more of a discussion piece with some saying they may have to buy an Xbox or upgrade their PC if these games don't get a PS5 release.

Obviously it wouldn't 'really' matter to me whether that situation arose as I will own a Series X as well as a PS5 and I expect those with a decent PC won't care too much either but was interested to have a discussion with those that it may affect, would they even consider a Game Pass on PS5 subscription IF that was the only way to play certain games on that platform - instead of maybe buying an Xbox, PC or playing on mobile?

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

I don't care about any of this. I just want to play Astro Bot.

Octane

Wesker

@Octane Neither do I. I think the industry is going the other way TBH. Most people I know only play 2-3 games. Games that keep on giving because they are supported well by the developers... We don't need a Netflix for video games because you'll be paying for games that you never have the time to play...

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Octane

@Wesker The problem with subs is that it removes a great deal of risk vs reward. With a steady income, there's less incentive to be original. It's why 95% of Netflix content is rubbish. The company knows it's average monthly income and will budget it's games accordingly. Why spend more on a game than your guaranteed income?

It may change the industry, as it will likely change the way games are being made.

Anyway, back to Astro Bot. Can't wait! I still have to order my new TV cabinet to fit the console though...

Octane

d0a01xz

I took down this thinking it would be about PS5 but all I'm reading about is Xbox and Stadia

d0a01xz

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Great post and I agree. Over the last 2 months I haven't had the time to game or even post here often however when I was off work last week, I had a quick go of my son's Xbox when decorators were in the living room.

I was extremely underwhelmed by game pass. It's been built up as this massive game changer and it's PS Now with less games. I wanted a go of the new crackdown, one of my favourite games from last gen and it didn't appear to be on the service (I thought Xbox studios gamed were at release and permanently on the service).

There's a lot of filler, 5/6 year old games like ps now.

Maybe the fact it was a quid earlier in the year prompted the gushing.

@Wesker It's the type of games. If you get into a FIFA or similar service type game there's a ton of commitment required. Looking on my stats I've played 16 full days of Rocket League 384 hours! In Dreams I am over 500 hours!!!!

If you play games for 2 hours a night give or take over a year it is 730 hours. So way over a year's worth of gaming has been spent on 2 games.

Jesus I need to re-evaluate my life. That's bloody insane man.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

MightyDemon82

@themcnoisy over 500 hours in Dreams 😲. I really need to jump back in and give it another crack but just so many games to play. You must have created a few masterpieces with that amount of time put in?

MightyDemon82

redd214

Didn't see it mentioned but Days Gone is getting a bump on PS5 as well. 4k & "up to 60fps", saves transfer over as well. In addition they have great taste in movies/gifs 😂😂

Edited on by redd214

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@redd214 Cool, been saving that one till PS5. It is part of the plus collection too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheFrenchiestFry

The fact that literally all these other first party games are going to be compatible to this extent straight out the box and Spider-Man isn't just really depresses me honestly

I get it. They wanted to change Peter's face and add ray tracing, but I wish the option was there since I have no interest in shelling out extra money for Ultimate Edition just to have access to the Remaster, doubly so considering the Remastered-exclusive suits are being patched into the PS4 version at a later date anyway.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

themcnoisy

@MightyDemon82 Here the best tune I have made so far;

It got to number 1 in the Dreams charts.

themcnoisy

@Wesker Thanks mate. The Rap one is all original though!

Thanks for listening bro.

MightyDemon82

@themcnoisy wow, just hit play whilst doing the dishes and found myself bouncing around the kitchen. Great tune!

MightyDemon82

redd214

Rumors going around that COD on the ps5 will require a whooping 285GB at launch! Once you factor in updates, patches, map packs etc this thing will literally eat up half the SSD. I'm not a COD fan so no skin off my back, but with that level of ridiculousness you'd think Sony would step in a little.

redd214

Octane

Just when I needed another reason to avoid COD

Octane

nessisonett

Today I learned that the PS5 only has 650-700GB of usable storage. That’s a bit of a rip off, especially considering games like COD are already taking up that much space despite everyone saying that games will be smaller this gen. I’m confused.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

@nessisonett We don't know how much is usable. But the PS4 1TB has about 860GB of usable space.

The thing is, games can be a lot smaller. But if the developer doesn't care about optimising the file size, they won't get smaller. Games these days contain a lot of unused textures, sound files, models, etc. It takes work to remove all of it and make sure it doesn't cause bugs elsewhere, but that's what a good dev would do.

Remember, Sekiro is only 12GB on PS4. Ghost of Tsushima is ''only'' 35GB.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic