Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 4,717

carlos82

@JJ2 how did Austin Powers get a PS5?

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

carlos82

Just had an email from Amazon telling me my PS5 games are coming a week early, so I get to look at the boxes for a week before the console comes out

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

KidRyan

DonJorginho wrote:

Managed to bag PS5 #2

(Only keeping one so whichever doesn't come earliest am happy to give to someone on here who hasn't secured a PS5 Digital Edition)

DonJorginho wrote:

Managed to secure my PS5 preorder for day one with ShopTo.

Anyone want a preorder slot from Smyth's or Game for a digital PS5?

Do you still have any spare PS5s to offer, and which versions if so?

I'm only interested in disc version, can send money via PayPal/Venmo or a gift card that's equivalent to value of PS5 after sales tax/shipping etc.

RenanKJ wrote:

Does anyone know the length of Spider-Man Miles Morales in comparison to the Marvel's Spider-Man without the DLCs?

I believe it should be around 12-15 hours if you just play the story, 15-20 hours if you go for 100%/Platinum Trophy.

We won't know for sure until the game is out in the wild though.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

MightyDemon82

@carlos82 I was just about to say the same thing, well we can admire the boxes for a week at least!

MightyDemon82

JJ2

Damn. I just learned that Outriders will need the internet connection to play solo just like GodFall.
Both dont need PS+ to play solo though..

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 I don't really see the issue with having an Internet connection to play a game in this day and age. Suppose if your connection is not reliable it's gonna be a bummer. Someone commented on the Godfall article that they HAVE to pay 70 quid for the game and 50 quid for PS Plus to play the game...🤦‍♂️

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Because it's unnecessary. The game will be reliant on their servers in order to work. If they pull those servers 5 years from now, the game becomes unplayable. Look, this is inevitable for online-only games like Destiny. But why lock a single player game behind an internet connection? There's no reason for it. Same with Godfall, you can play it solo, so there's no reason for the internet connection. This isn't the first time Gearbox pulled a game's servers either. Remember Battleborn? Yeah, you can't even play it anymore, and that game is barely four years old.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Some good points but I'm not sure how you can deem it unnecessary unless you have you played the game? There could be some online element which is key to how the game plays and they couldn't get it work right without an online connection. But no, it must because the publisher is EVIL lol. Just because a publisher stopped supporting a game that was DOA does not mean they will do it again. Maybe they saw some of the feedback and won't do it again. We don't know for sure as it hasn't happened yet. But always there is no balance to these stories and the reaction with only the negatives being highlighted.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
Yes your not wrong.
I suppose they may be able to do things on a server that arent possible locally. However that also means the game may not be supported anymore in a few years time and the copy you keep will be useless at some point.
I still cant wait to play Outriders but disappointed too because I'm only into the single player experience.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder In that case they should come out and say what's so special about it, because I haven't it yet (using these two games as examples). Even Death Stranding, a game that heavily relied on asynchronous multiplayer could be played offline, solo, without the need of an internet connection.

I just don't see the positive side of a single player game requiring a constant internet connection. There is none.

Octane

Kidfried

@phil_j Really promising stuff. It's such a premium video game console.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Well this is it, some have jumped all over it without knowing the full picture. Which is hardly surprising these days but still makes it no less infuriating. Why would you even choose to play a game offline when there is a major gameplay mechanic that relies on being online? Sorry, but that makes no sense to me. You are not experiencing the full gameplay experience and how it was intended by by developers.

@JJ2 You can still play the single player though, if your console is connected to the internet?

TheFrenchiestFry

@JohnnyShoulder Well the big point of contention there is, why even bother making it single player if it has an element that requires an online component. It might as well just be an online multiplayer game

It's not like Dark Souls where stuff like other players raiding your game and fighting you is completely optional, this essentially requires you to be online even for modes that don't need the online component.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Octane

@JohnnyShoulder Because so many things are optional these days. You can pick your preferred settings, create your own character, you make your own adventure. It's all up to the player how they want to experience it.

With Godfall, there is no major online gameplay mechanic if you play solo AFAIK. And the developers clearly included this option, so they intended for people to play it this way.

Octane

nessisonett

I assume Godfall is always online because of anti-cheat. That’s the most likely reason albeit a bit annoying.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BAMozzy

I don't have an issue with a 'Single Player' game requiring an Online connection IF it is justified. Something that requires online access from a game-play perspective and not something that can be updated with a patch or programmed in.

My consoles are connected to the Internet and I have PS+/Gold too so it really doesn't affect me either way BUT I do NOT see any reason to make a game dependent on 'online' unnecessarily. Is the purpose just to make people buy PS+ on top of buying the game?

If its 'anti-cheat', then who are they actually cheating? themselves? If the game can be easily hacked/exploited - then whose fault is that? I know its a 'looter' game, but if someone can exploit that for 'loot' that they can then use in a MP portion, whose fault is that? Its a 'design' flaw and I would guess, its more 'exploiting' the mechanics which should be 'fixed' or cannot be classified as a cheat.

Unless Godfall has areas that are 'social' - even if you play Solo (like Destiny) where part of the game would be affected by being offline, then I can't see why it has to be online only. In Destiny, you do travel through social areas on missions where events can occur that you can choose to participate in or not and the presence of others has little/no affect on your enjoyment - they can't steal your ammo or loot drops, can't affect your progress or stop you from completing your 'mission' objectives...

I don't know enough about Godfall to know why it requires Online access - even though it can be played solo but if the entire campaign has no 'online' aspect (like social areas as you progress through), then I do think its ridiculous!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nessisonett

@BAMozzy Yeah, it’s stupid but it depends if there’s a competitive multiplayer element. Dark Souls is incredibly easy to cheat through the use of an offline connection, and you can then carry forward those items into an online connection.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic