Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 4,717

STLamy

@LieutenantFatman No harm done! I wasn’t trying to cause any drama, I was just dropping some criticism I have against some of Sony’s current communications. When there’s little else to talk about, attention is focused onto the smaller problems. All the best to you too.

Edited on by STLamy

STLamy

Repo_Dog

In my 30 plus years of gaming ever console generation the crying just gets worse ! I would like to see more or know more ,but I am fine with what I know now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repo_Dog

LieutenantFatman

@STLamy
Thanks, appreciated! As both you and @BAMozzy say, hopefully we will see an improvement in communication from them soon. Personally, my bugbear is their poor refund policy. Or lack of one.

But yes, I was planning to trade my PS4 in towards the PS5. So if all saved data is lost I will have to reconsider.

LieutenantFatman

BAMozzy

@LieutenantFatman It seems that the only saved data lost would be on games that are upgraded - and if Sony are planning to sell remasters instead, chances are they will have a new set of trophies and saves. If you are planning on playing games that are just on PS5 via Backwards Compatibility, then your PS4 saved data looks like it will carry over.

It really depends on the game(s) and their save state importance to you. At the moment, we have heard nothing about a LOT of Sony's already released first party library at all - if any other than Spider-Man will be 'upgraded' for PS5. Most upcoming new releases that have stated an upgrade will come, haven't commented on the save state but if you are concerned, maybe its better to wait to start those until you get your PS5 - unless you hear otherwise.

It seems that developers have to have a separate version - even if by owning the game, you install the 'right' version to the right console - much like having the PS3 and PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - even if the only difference is a resolution bump and maybe a tweaked setting or two - something that could be patched in with PS4 to PS4 Pro. MS's will obviously install the Series X version too but it seems the app is seen as the 'same' with the same Save data structure and its own 'high res' textures - like Shadow of War with the high res textures and high res cut scene packs installed for XB1X over the XB1S.

It seems to me, the PS5 is more of a 'next' gen console, that 'clean' break, that can play current Gen where as the Series X is more of an 'iterative' next gen featured console but will have its own software and that's why PS4 to PS5 upgrades are not so easy to implement and carry saves over. Its like the PS5 needs separate versions and the Series X uses the same version BUT with different settings, textures etc.

Again though, it would be great to have clarification and more information rather than speculate. Even if its 'not' what you hoped or what the competition offer, its more important to be honest and upfront so people know exactly what to expect. Regardless of what Microsoft are (or have done), the fact of the matter is that the PS5 plays the preceding generation games, some games will offer a 'free' upgrade rather than sell you the equivalent as a remaster and as such, will have a massive library of games you can play from Day 1 - that is 'more' than the PS4 offered.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JJ2

Still mind blown that this is the performance mode 😎

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Wait, you are actually praising something connected with Sony? What devilry is this?!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
Ikr.
I'm not actually praising anything but might get some flak for it here haha

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

KirbyTheVampire

That game looks incredible. Just a shame I'm horrible at Soulslike games. But, I wanna give Bloodborne another go, as a final chance for me to git gud.

KirbyTheVampire

RenanKJ

Does anyone know the length of Spider-Man Miles Morales in comparison to the Marvel's Spider-Man without the DLCs?

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

LieutenantFatman

@JJ2
Looking forward to seeing a video of some multiplayer as it's reported it's up to 6 players online.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@LieutenantFatman Think they had that for Dark Souls Remastered. Looked mental whenever I saw footage of it.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

JJ2

@BearsEatBeets
NXG > Alex
It's just a work in progress..

JJ2

A lot of real PS5 pictures here.
Looks awesome.
https://www.4gamer.net/games/990/G999027/20201002016/

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Well, I'm cancelling my pre-order. Absolute disgrace!

JJ2

@Arugula
No. It was shown in the renders though.
Another thing is the panels seem removable. You can see it in the picture showing the top down
So that leak was real.

Edited on by JJ2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic