Forums

Topic: Metal Gear Series Discussion

Posts 121 to 131 of 131

oliverp

Right so I must state that it will be interesting to see if the Metal Gear games finally will get more recognition now given that the remakes is in the works. And by recognition I mean recognition by the main stream media which I think to some degree have ignored the franchise so far. Its kind of strikes me as ironic again how close we live a world which very closely reminds one of the one portrayed in the Metal Gear games yet outside of the gaming world Kojimas work or the legend himself have not got that much recognition by society at large.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

RogerRoger

@oliverp I think the forthcoming movie will achieve that, moreso than any remake or remaster. It'll likely filter out a lot of the Kojima weirdness and creepiness, stuff that'd put most of the general public off (or at least reinforce their outdated stereotypes about gaming and gamers).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

oliverp

@RogerRoger Is that still in the works? Feel like was a very long time since I heard anything about the it... I also kind of wounder what would turn the general public off. Many of the things in the games feels not so wired these days at least but kind of real..

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

RogerRoger

@oliverp Yep. Oscar Isaac is signed to play Snake, and they had an incomplete script. The writer's strike has probably delayed polishing it, but it's reportedly a solid bet (pun semi-intended).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger With also James Corden. God help us all.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder No, for real...?! Damn and blast. Oh well.

Making It So Since 1987

KAIRU

James Corden... blegh.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

ralphdibny

Have Konami announced how the extras in the Master Collection will be provided yet?

I would assume that the movies, books and scripts etc would all be accessible in the game itself

But what about the music tracks? Will that be in the game or will it be something that you either redeem on an online music store or just download to a usb stick from the game itself like some other playstation soundtrack apps that you can get?

Will the pre order/day one tracks be a download code in the box or a download code provided by the retailer at point of sale? I also have the same questions regarding getting them out of the actual game and onto a music player

Will it be the same for all platforms too? I'm thinking of getting the Switch version initially for the extra music tracks and maybe the Xbox or PS version somewhere down the line for a bit cheaper

See ya!

Ravix

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger @KAIRU

James Corden as a host and personality, agree, blegh. James Corden as Writer and star of the Wrong Mans, that's okay. I'd recommend giving that a watch (not seen it since it was first on TV, but I remember it being pretty damn good. And it gave Benedict Wong his first serious role after 15 Storeys High (the fantastic, immensely under promoted Sean Locke comedy series)

I still can't imagine how MGS will translate to film, it could go one way, kicking the hell out of James Bond and MI by going the War Economy, industrial military complex route, with a gritty spy drama full of PMC's and horrors, or it could go the other... Max Wahlberg Payne/Transformers route focusing on trying to get cool effects and action and with lots of robots, and cutting anything interesting or stylish for generic crap

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny In the past from my experience, the digital extras have their own individual apps on the console. But I think collections like TMNT have them in the game, accessible from the main menu.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder yeah that's fair enough, hopefully Konami makes it clear at some point or some copies get out into the wild a bit early

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic