Forums

Topic: Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman nice work! I really like the spirit bomb mechanic. Like you say, it breaks up the action nicely, with some clever implementation. I’ve also been using it quite a bit in combat as well.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I finally defeated the Hunter. It’s a very cool encounter, if not a wee bit unbalanced. Thanks to @render as well for the tips! Onto the warrior path…

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

render

@Jimmer-jammer Awesome work, well done!! Hope that you find the Warrior to be not quite so bad. I didn't get killed on that fight but I did loose a load of health to one of it's attacks that I misjudged so was hanging on at the end.

render

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks! …And yes, yes I did…

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Sounds like you made the right decision. I read that the hunter requires some tough shots to land in order to be brought down. Were you using the bow? slowing down time when you used the bow? Using spirit bombs? How did you do it? Just thinking ahead for when I face it.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman yes, all of the above. I used the trees quite a bit as well, though he can dash-attack through them, so best be vigilante. I bumped the difficulty back up after this fight and beat the next boss first try, so this fight is definitely a difficulty spike.

Thrillho

@Jimmer-jammer @TheBrandedSwordsman I thought that was quite a good fight. It was just mostly timing your shots with the bow right to bring him down and then bring out the big guns with the rot hammer!

Thrillho

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho yeah, it’s a cool encounter what with the trees and rain and all that. Being able to slow time down mid-air is such a huge help generally as well. For whatever reason, it’s been the toughest fight for me in the game, though my first two attempts at the final boss have me thinking I might have my work cut out for me again!

Thrillho

@Jimmer-jammer For the final boss take advantage of how time slows down when you jump when using the bow. It's also worth taking the extra couple of seconds to fully draw the bow as the weak spots can be taken out with two "heavy" shots compared to three weaker ones. And when you get back to the boss for the second and third times, there are health points around the edge of the arena to use too.

Thrillho

Jimmer-jammer

@Thrillho awesome, thank you!

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer Somehow the Hunter was literally the only boss I beat on first attempt (on normal difficulty)

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan funny how that happens. I guess it makes sense that different bosses would challenge different play styles.

KilloWertz

Even Corrupt Toro was tough for me to the point where I had to drop the difficulty down from Normal to Easy. I ended up taking a break from the game for a bit because of the bosses, but then came back to it with the solution of just dropping the difficulty down when I faced the bosses only and ended up loving it about as much as expected. I was definitely not expecting Souls-like bosses in the game, but it all worked out fine in the end.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

The longer I’m playing this game, the more I like it. I’m still yet to be enamored with the story, but the gameplay has me in quite a nice groove. It’s a game that I’m having a hard time putting down once I get going.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I sometimes wonder if they outsourced the boss fights to someone else as they’re a real juxtaposition from the rest of the game. I didn’t drop the difficulty from normal but some of them are rock hard.

But it’s a pretty spectacular game for a first attempt from a new studio and I’d certainly keep an eye out for anything from them in the future.

Thrillho

Sorry, this topic has been locked.