Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 481 to 500 of 639

Th3solution

Untitled

I’m wondering if I was even in the correct car. Couldn’t get any momentum for a clean run. Ah well.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution You gave it a go and that's all that matters. It is a tough can to drive. It's in the same ilk as the Mustang and Camaro that we've used at other circuits, and personally I don't tend to drive a great deal of so I'm expecting my time to be fairly slow compared to others.

render

Th3solution

@Kairu @render Yeah, driving that old Corvette was a shock to my muscle memory which has been driving Vision supercars and Gr.1 cars pretty exclusively for many, many hours.

It’s one of the things I love about the Gran Turismo series, as opposed to other racers I’ve played like Dirt, is the substantial difference in how the different cars drive, even within the same class and, heck — even a different year within the same model. And there’s the gradual progression of how fast and how well a car handles throughout the climb through the game’s campaign, so that by the end you’re basically playing Wipeout and relying on very fast twitch reaction times, as opposed to the beginning where it’s more about tactical approaches to braking, cornering, and maintaining max exit speed through a turn.

As for the ‘69 Corvette C3, it looks awesome but definitely feels like a boat comparatively speaking. I actually tuned my first of this model to compete in one of the menus (I think it was an early Corvette menu or something) and even fully tuned its not that great, largely due to the four gears like you say. I won a second one and so I have two of these ‘69 ‘vettes in my garage and of course raced the base model for this TT.

In better news, the LM55 Mazda VGT is doing well for me in the Gr. 1 menu I was struggling with. I was able to comfortably win one of the races and finished 3rd in another one (really should have finished 2nd but got too aggressive on the last turn with my tires that were at the end of their grip). So I just need to try the third and final race and try to podium it and hopefully that will be the end to the hardest menu.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

That was a right handful as I suspected so best I could manage was a 1:32.945
Untitled

render

Mr_B021

Untitled 1:30.559 Well that was an adventure. The car was so tail happy + power oversteer that I crashed in the first two laps. With some gentle throttle control it was alright. Just glad it wasn’t a TT in the rain this time 🤣

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 14

Hey all, again better late than never. That car was an absolute beast on those tyres, and quite often impossible to straighten up when putting the power down. I think it hit the brief though, it was a challenge and even with the long straights there were enough corners to cause plenty of trouble.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Mr_B021 1:30.559
2nd🥈: @Kairu 1:30.676
3rd🥉: @Abarth_71 1:31.445

There wasn't a lot to separate those two top times from Mr_B021 and Kairu. I get a feeling this could produce a very interesting race if we get around to using these on Sunday.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @MatthewJP 1:31.974
5th: @render 1:32.945
6th: @nitram2k11 1:33.435
7th: @Th3Solution 1:40.274

Special mention to everyone crazy enough to try this out, without you guys this literally wouldn't be a thing. See you on the next one.

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 15

Hi everyone, you'll read for another challenge. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

I've tried to pick something that is the polar opposite of last weeks. The top speed and handling of this car couldn't be more different. In fact I'd say that this is going to be more a challenge of trying to not let your top speed drop too much in the corners. For that reason I've coupled it with a track that hopefully everyone should have some experience of by now, so it's just a matter of seeing how little braking you can get away with.

Track: Red Bull Ring - Short Track
Car: Volkswagen 1200 '66
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Hard
Time of day: 07:15
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

render

I'd say it's more on the side of Bananas if that's the awful one I'm thinking of 😅

render

MatthewJP

1:29.404
The only positive I can say about that is the dualsense continually vibrates to keep you awake

PSN: mpquikster

Th3solution

Untitled

1:29.093

render

That was... interesting - 1:28.818
Untitled

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 15

Hey all, it's the end of the week and that's a wrap on week 15. That car was an absolute beast... oh no that was last week. That car was an absolute shed and felt like it took the best part of a week to get up the hill into the second corner. Still it was an interesting experience, especially for those that managed to make the no brakes strategy work.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Mr_B021 1:25.776
2nd🥈: @JudgeDredd 1:25.933
3rd🥉: @Abarth_71 1:26.395

So Mr B takes that top spot again with the Judge inserting himself in between 1st and 3rd places from last week.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @nitram2k11 1:27.163
5th: @Kairu 1:27.837
6th: @render 1:28.818
7th: @Th3Solution 1:29.093
8th: @MatthewJP 1:29.404

Special mention this week to Th3Solution who's starting to mix it up at the back with us regular PS race night people, nice work! So that's it for another week, catch you all on the next one.

render

MatthewJP

That was one to forget. Well done everybody some great times there

PSN: mpquikster

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 16

Hi everyone, it's Monday so let's go. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

I've been saving this one for a while but thought it was time to wheel out the pickup truck. Don't worry I'm not going to make you drive the Horse Thief Mile, although if enough people say they want to do it then I can always change it 😆

Track: Trial Mountain - Full Course Reverse
Car: Ford F-150 SVT Raptor '11
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Time of day: 07:00
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

render

The question isn’t have you got a truck, it’s more how big is your truck!

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic