Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 461 to 480 of 639

MatthewJP

Checked the weather reports and it definitely rained more when me and @Elodin set our laps

PSN: mpquikster

Th3solution

Sorry, a bit late to the party, but I’ll just post my time for posterity —
1:30.243 on lap 3. Definitely had the largest deluge during laps 1 & 2.
Look like I came across at the rear, but glad to give @Elodin some company. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 13

Hi everyone, another quite late one for you all but it's still Monday in some parts of the world anyway. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

Again I've tried to pick something that's from the first half of the cafe and also a track that I'm sure there will be some interesting lines and techniques used to get around. I think it's also going to produce quite a bit of variance this week compared to last.

Track: Tokyo Expressway - Central Counterclockwise
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final '15
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Sports Hard
Time of day: 17:30
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

render

render

@Kairu I'd like to at least have a time to post at the end of the week though 😅

render

MatthewJP

1:36.362

As an aside, I did a sixth lap, full throttle the whole lap crashing into the walls and did 1:30.543, so hopefully everyone keeps to the spirit of the time trial

Mr_B021

Untitled 1:36.633 Slow and steady does not win the race. Never drove this layout. I was utterly sh*t. The upside is that there is lots of time to be found for Sunday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

render

I am not good on this track layout apparently - 1:36.600

Untitled

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 13

Hey all, I'm getting good at being fashionably late these days but I've finally got around compiling the results of this weeks challenge. That was an interesting track and definitely a layout that I'd never driven before which meant a lot of contact with the barriers. I'm just glad this isn't my daily commute.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Kairu 1:33.817
2nd🥈: @nitram2k11 1:34.466
3rd🥉: @Abarth_71 1:34.896

Another time from Kairu that leaves everyone else trailing by seconds, plus another 3rd place for Abarth - the second in a row.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @JudgeDredd 1:35.723
5th: @MatthewJP 1:36.362
6th: @render 1:36.600
7th: @Mr_B021 1:36.633
8th: @velio84 1:37.610

Unusual to see Mr_B021 and velio84 at the back so expecting a return to form for both of them soon enough. Thanks for everyone taking part and see you on the next one.

render

Th3solution

Sorry I missed the challenge again this week. It looks like it was another tight one with most people bunching up within 2 seconds.

I finally got some game time and did a little grinding because I can’t seem to beat Menu 42: ‘Gr.1 Prototype Series'. I’ve tried a couple cars and I can’t even get close to the leader. I’ve blown my whole bank account (the virtual one, not any real-life money) on a couple different cars that I thought might work.
First I bought the Bugatti VGT which is what got me through menu 41 for the Vision Trophy. But it didn’t have enough power to keep up in in the Gr. 1 races.
Next I saved up and tried to be clever and bought the Jaguar VGT SV and was able to tune it down to the 950 PP threshold, and it can definitely keep up, but the electric motor can only hold a charge for one lap! 😅 So pitting every lap is not a viable recipe for victory.
So next I took the opposite approach and thought I’d try to get a fast car, crank up the fuel map and try to race all 10 laps without a pit stop. I bought the Dallara SF19 Formula One car with the Toyota engine. Tuned it to the 950 PP and tried going all 10 laps without a pit. I ran out of gas with 3/4 lap to go, but I was in 10th place when I did, so I wasn’t going to win anyways. I was getting consistent laps at 1:40 or so, but it’s just not even close to fast enough to catch up with the leaders who get a large head start.

I’ve spent over 3 million credits on cars trying to win these races, and am getting a little frustrated. I’m not a very good racer by any means, but I’m not even getting close! I’ll take a third place finish at this point, forget winning!

I finally looked to the internet and to YouTube for help, and I’m going to try the Mazda LM55 Gr.1 car as there is a convincing video with some tuning set up on there. I had to spend most of the day building up the credits again for the 1 million Cr price tag, but I’ve bought it now and will see how it goes. But now I’ve spent my whole weekend on this and not sure when I’ll have time to do the actual races. 😅

Anyone else struggle with this menu?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Yeah it it's the one I think it is then it was a pain, mainly as I wasn't used to how terrifyingly quick it was. Felt like playing the game in fast forward! If it is the one I remember then I think I used the McLaren VGT - (found a tune by Praiano on GT Planet) and after a few attempts have managed to medal them all. Haven't gone back to try for the golds though!

And you don't need to spend all day grinding to get a million credits. Tune a Gr 3 car to win the 30 min race at Cirque de la Sarthe (again type Praiano tunes for GT7 into search engine - my to go is BMW Z4) and you can get 800k in just over half hour, make sure you have some wet tires to change to though.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@Th3solution I also used the McLaren VGT for that menu and found it way better than the other GR1 cars I'd got. The hybrid nature of it means that you get an extra boost from the battery, plus it drives really well as it's quite stable during cornering and braking. If you need some money then you can also get some from the sport mode time trial. You have to wait for the event to conclude before it pays out but some of them can be quite fun and I think even if you only do one lap you get 250k.

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 14

Hi everyone, here's this weeks challenge delivered on-time for a change. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

This is going to be a wild one as this car is one tail happy beast. With comfort tyres on it's not exactly going to be the most straight forward challenge but I'm hoping that the fairly simple track layout will mean we can at least get one good lap in.

Track: Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) '69
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Time of day: 08:00
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

@Kairu Yeah those GR2 races were great. The cars have got a good level of grip and are fun to throw around, even if that is off track - I know as that's where I spent most of my time 😂

Edit: I forgot to update the car description so done that now 🤦‍♂️

Edited on by render

render

Th3solution

@sorteddan @render Thanks, friends. I was eyeing the MacLaren, but I ended up buying the F1 car instead, unfortunately. I didn’t realize the nuanced advantage of having a hybrid. If the Mazda fails me then I’ll definitely try it.

I actually tried credit grinding with my Porsche 911 (which is a Gr.3 I think) on the Cirque de la Sarthe and wasn’t really doing well on that either. Weirdly I wasn’t cracking top 5 in a couple attempts there so found it more reliable to grind the Deep Forest Event which I can win with my eyes closed in about 10 minutes and net 100K. It just gets boring after doing it a few times. So I’ve turned to some different Circuit Challenges which I can get bronze or silver on all the sections usually on the first try and typically most courses pay 200K for about a 10 minute effort. The only problem is that I’m going to eventually run out of courses, and I think getting golds on those won’t be efficient because it will take me many attempts most likely, and some of them are just too hard to gold for me right now.

But that’s good to know about the GT sport TT, as I haven’t even messed with that mode at all.

Up until now I’ve had plenty of credits through just doing the normal menus, licenses, and extra events. I’ve always had 1-3 million in the bank until this menu where I’ve had a run of bad luck buying cars that didn’t help me.

MatthewJP

@Th3solution Sardegna 800pp is a good one for quick credits. No rain, and nets around 700-750k for 30 mins with the clean race bonus.

And I used the mazda for that menu book. Found that one tough as well

Edited on by MatthewJP

Th3solution

@MatthewJP I should give Sardegna a try and see if I have better luck. And I’m looking forward to giving the Mazda LM55 a run at this blasted Gr.1 series. It looks like this is probably the hardest menu so far, so I’d like to get it behind me.

MatthewJP

Blue Moon Bay TT done:
1:31.974

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic