Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 441 to 460 of 639

zupertramp

@sorteddan I thought it was brilliant so it didn't go unnoticed.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@sorteddan Haha! Oh, it flew right by me. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

Did anyone need any extra time to get the fastest lap challenge done?

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 11

Hey everyone, sorry for the late results. I posted that message last night and then got stuck into a game and forgot to follow up. A really great turnout again so thanks for everyone who set a time. This was a tricky one to gauge how well people would do as RR cars add that extra element of crazy, and then add in a track that is familiar in a way but with slight differences - well this was going to be a challenge.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Kairu 1:25.556
2nd🥈: @nitram2k11 1:26.876
3rd🥉: @render 1:26.877

Again another insane time at the top there, well done Kairu, but that top time was always going to be really quick. What's more surprising is the thousandth of a second gap between 2nd and 3rd and that I've managed to score a podium. For that reason I reckon a lot of you have easily underperformed this week as no way should I be in the top 3 😅.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @JudgeDredd 1:26.935
5th: @velio84 1:27.324
6th: @Abarth_71 1:27.526
7th: @Mr_B021 1:27.727
8th: @MatthewJP 1:28.282
9th: @sorteddan 1:29.333
10th: @zupertramp 1:29.659
11th: @Th3Solution 1:32.719

Some really strong times I'm seeing here and I can't wait to see you guys who haven't been playing for as long start coming into play. There'll be another one on Monday if I'm allowed by law to do one.

render

Th3solution

I gotta stop trying these challenges with my eyes closed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@Kairu this was definitely an issue for me on that last curve. I like the track though. A lot of fun, even if I'm not particularly good at it.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 12

Hi everyone, I would like to say this is late in respect for the Queen however as it was a public holiday here in the UK I just totally forgot to post this. Better late than never though I guess, although you might not be saying that when you read below. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

So everyone will definitely have this car and track unless you literally haven't played any of the cafe. We have all likely driven the track quite a bit but I've introduced some weather in there to spice things up a bit.

Track: Tsukuba Circuit
Car: Honda Fit Hybrid '14
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Time of day: 16:00
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Good luck!

Edited on by render

render

nessisonett

@render I also pretended that it was the Queen’s fault I forgot about Game Club 👀

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Kairu Hah, I unfortunately don’t have Gran Turismo 7 yet, I’m waiting until I have a little bit of extra cash. Really been enjoying reading these though, makes me excited for when I finally get the game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@nessisonett It was a good excuse to use as most of the country seemed to grind to a halt yesterday so why not PS as well. If you ever get around to getting the game then taking part in the challenge is easily the best thing about it 😁

render

sorteddan

@render @nessisonett
Nope. The best bit on GT7 is when you realise you have got golds on all the licence tests meaning you don't have to ever see them again... At least it was for me.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

MatthewJP

Not expecting this to be competitive so not wasting time with a screenshot although available upon request.

1:27.852

That was horrible. A monsoon on lap 2

PSN: mpquikster

Elodin

Lol. 131.731. I haven't played in a while and it showed. Still happy to participate.

Elodin

render

1:27.433 is the best I could manage

Untitled

render

Elodin

Curious, what lap did everyone get the heavy rain? @MathewJP said 2nd lap. For me I believe it was the first lap, but maybe it was the second. If it is different than it makes racing in the rain an uneven playing field. I'm not excusing my horrible time by the way. I understand I'm not good, just curious if the rain is that variable

Elodin

render

@Elodin If I remember rightly it was the 2nd lap for me as well. Like you say it does make it an uneven playing field and means that TT mode with rain is a little pointless if you are trying to work on setups. In a race it's a really testing mechanic though as there's a GR1 menu later in the cafe where you get rain an Suzuka and it's a real pain to work out a strategy. It can start at any time, be different intensities and be anywhere on the track.

render

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 12

Hey all, that draws to close another week with a good turnout. Thanks to all those who have posted a time, it's another close week. At least the rain was able to spice things up a little although I think it's proven how random the weather system in the game is as some people had heavy rain, some not, some hardly any at all.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Mr_B021 1:26.834
2nd🥈: @velio84 1:26.933
3rd🥉: @Abarth_71 1:27.135

So it all looked sown up and with just hours to go Velio was going to take it but in comes Mr_B021 and just scrapes it by a tenth. Nice work all in the top 3, I'd have definitely been happy with any of those times.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @Kairu 1:27.249
5th: @nitram2k11 1:27.395
6th: @render 1:27.433
7th: @JudgeDredd 1:27.710
8th: @MatthewJP 1:27.852
9th: @Elodin 1:31.731

Great, amazing, awesome work by all involved. That's it for Tsukuba and the mighty Honda Fit but check back next week for another one!

render

Elodin

@JudgeDredd lol who are you kidding. All within 10ths of a sec. Except me. I was admiring the scenery. And watching the rain on my windshield and wondering how
Chaos causes each drop to flow a different path...🙃

Elodin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic