Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 421 to 440 of 480

SoulChimera

For anyone interested, the Jaguar XJ13 '66 is back in stock, 12,000,000 credits.

Got the Platinum and now I can finally buy a load of cars I want, instead of sitting on piles of credits waiting for a damn wild car to reappear. Haha.

Just need some more invitations now.

Anyone else been getting 1 and 2 star cards for completing your daily marathons over the last few weeks?

I was sometimes getting 4 star cards, but haven’t seen anything over 2 star for awhile now.

Also, has anyone ever got a 6 star, other than for completing the Cafe Menus? I personally haven’t and I’ve completed marathons about 5 times a week since launch.

SoulChimera

nitram2k11

I only ever seem to get 1 or 2 star cards for the daily marathons, however last night I got a 4 star one and yet I still only got 10,000 credits, I was a little annoyed...

nitram2k11

PSN: nitram2k11

SoulChimera

Just did todays. 2 star and 5,000 credit prize.

SoulChimera

render

@SoulChimera Nice, I probably need to double my credits in order to buy that though so might have to wait until next time round.

I've had a few 4 star cards for the daily workout this week but haven't seen a 6 star card for a long old while. I'm not sure if there's anything else you'd get one for even but it almost doesn't seem to matter what star the card is the prize is usually the worst.

render

Elodin

Was thinking of picking this up, but I'd like to ask you GT7 veterans a few questions. Is this worth getting for a casual player? Are unlocking licenses very tedious? How many cars do you get with little effort? My last GT experience was on ps2, so it's been quite awhile. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Elodin

render

@Elodin My previous GT experience was also PS2 so it had been a good break for me. I actually wasn't sure what I was going into as I'd only played arcade style racers before this but I've been pleasantly surprised with how much it's sucked me in.

Some of the licence tests are brutal but you will want to keep playing them until you nail them and the same with the circuit experiences which teach you how to do each section of a track and then do a full lap. There's plenty of assistance options to help you out though so you can turn up traction control and stability assist etc, and also display the correct racing line and braking zones.

I've not found any of it tedious and have a good collection of cars, all of which I've so far bought with money I've earned from just doing the campaign and the various other challenges. It's hard to know if this will be the same for everyone though as others might not enjoy it so much but for me personally I'm finding it difficult to play anything else 😀

render

Elodin

@render Thank you for the information! Much appreciated. It sounds like this will be fun for me then. Sadly it is not on the days of play sale as id hoped. I think ill wait for at least a slight sale before purchase.

Elodin

Kairu

@Elodin If you do pick it up, a bunch of us get together and race for fun on Sundays if you'd ever fancy joining us.

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

Just wants to play Silksong...

PSN: NotQuiteKairu | Twitter:

render

@Elodin Hope you get the chance to get it soon and be great to see you join for Sundays sessions if you do fancy some fun online races. It's only @Kairu that takes it seriously, the rest of us are there just to bolster his ego 🤣

render

Elodin

@Kairu @render when I do get i will definitely let you know. I'm sure ill be terrible at it, but fun all the same. 🙂

Elodin

MatthewJP

@Elodin I'm another who hadn't played GT since ps2 but I'd really recommend it. I'd had the intention of this being a game to compliment a bit of downtime between other games, but it has really consumed me and is so addictive that's its pretty much all I'm playing right now , don't think you'll regret it

PSN: mpquikster

velio84

I’m another one that comes into gt7 from the ps2 era although I’ve always liked racing games be it sim or arcade. And GT7 is also what I’m playing currently exclusively. I’m so hooked it’s unreal. I tried few small games to mix it up but fell off them really quickly - thought to myself I’d rather be playing GT7.

With that being said, the game is not perfect by any means. Most notably - if you expect a modern version game of what it was in the past - it’s simply not. There is no “campaign” in the sense you remember it. The most notable single player feature is the Cafe where you’re tasked to enter different races or experience the different other single player experiences. You enter a few championships as well and that’s it. It can go anywhere from 10-30 hours.
Once you’re done with the Cafe the game initially feels quite empty and you’re left wondering what to do.

There still lots of things to do but they are simply scattered around the menus. There are the “Missions” which can vary from a simple start-stop to a 1 hour endurance race.

Then each circuit has it’s own races which you can enter and also a circuit experience where you learn the track by tackling all sections 1 by 1 and finally trying to stitch together a perfect lap. Last but not least - you can do Time trials on each circuit and try to tune a car to get the best possible time. This is what I’ve been doing lately the most. But I really enjoy driving a track over and over trying to improve my time.

That’s pretty much it in terms of single player and now the other part - sport mode and multiplayer lobbies.
I’m don’t really enjoy multiplayer games but once I tried this I was (and still am) super hooked on it. In sport mode there are 3 races each week (Daily race A, B, C) which you can enter. You can either pick your own car that matches the requirements or “rent” a car for the race. For the most part these races have BOP turned on (balance of power) and have tuning disabled. Which means you don’t need to worry about anything but staying on the track and race. It’s awesome because if you only have 20-30 minutes to play at some point you can simply enter one of these and have some fun.

Again this is not perfect and people complain that the daily races are not varied enough and what not but then again, people like to complain about everything nowadays.

If all this sounds interesting you’re likely to enjoy and love the game. Just don’t go in expecting it to be GT3 for Playstation 5 - it’s not. It’s a different game.

psn: chilliesandbeer

sorteddan

Just logged on, went to see what notification at the cafe was. Recieved a birthday cake and a Genesis X GR3 gift car.
Better than a kick in the teeth I suppose.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Brockybrock

@velio84 - same here, online is great fun, only really take part in daily B, sprint race, not too long. But annoys me how I can win DR C races but start 10 usually in DR B races

Brockybrock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic