Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 421 to 440 of 639

sorteddan

@Elodin

Checked online and it said it was a reward on Menu book 31. Which one you up to? tbh it's been a while since I had to do those so I can't really recall how hard they were or how long they took.

And if credits are an issue, power through until you have unlocked the 30mins at Cirque la sarthe (you can find tunes more than capable of winning it online (GT Planet)) - takes over half hour but you can get 800k every time you do. Soon as I found that my credit worries were over!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Some good excuse work there...
I haven't even tried it yet but am thinking about using my injured (potentially broken - definitely purple!) finger as a reason for not doing better.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan Ah, a broken finger definitely would be a good excuse! Dang, I hope it heals quickly for you. Depending on the finger, it could really impair your gaming.

As far as @Elodin ‘s situation, yeah, it’s Menu 31 where you get the Porsches. It’s kind of a tough menu. But I was lucky enough to have won a Gr.3 level Porsche 911 RSR through a roulette ticket, so after putting a limiter and ballast on it I was able to tune it to the required 650 PP and make short work of that menu.

I have to admit, despite 90% of my roulette tickets being the minimum prize, I’ve had a couple nice cars come out of them.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

@sorteddan thanks for the credit tip. I think I'm mid 20s ish in menus ill double check

Elodin

sorteddan

@Th3solution

Nah not too bad - its the useless finger next to the little one so usually just hangs around at the back of the controller not contributing... Unless, of course, im at the back of the pack - in which case it is essential for grip, balance and poise etc.

Anyhow, to the business at hand (intentional).

Best time was lap 3) 1:29:333

... I never did like Catalunya

...or Porsches

MatthewJP

Untitled

1:28.282

Edited on by MatthewJP

PSN: mpquikster

zupertramp

Well drat. Missed the TTs last week as I was on a Tlou binge and now I've just got setup to try this week only to realize I don't have that track. Sigh.

I'm on menu book 33 btw.

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

zupertramp

@JudgeDredd ah well then there's hope. Better I get some driving in anyway before trying to log times.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

render

Sorry to anyone who hasn't unlocked the required car and track this week. If you guys want a bit of extra time then that's no problem as I can always hold off publishing the results until Saturday or even Sunday evening so just let me know.

Also thanks everyone who's posted a time so far - I was checking them out and they all looked good. Then along comes Sophy, I mean @Kairu, with some ridiculous time that I'd struggle to get even if I could run as many laps as I like 😅

Edited on by render

render

zupertramp

I hate racing in a downpour. When there's so much rain your wets can't displace enough water to maintain traction that's time to call it imo. Idk. I'm sure some of you have adapted but I just don't get the appeal. Like, you don't run a track meet in the rain.

Okay, I'm done crying.

Th3solution

@zupertramp Lol, the rain is definitely annoying. But I’ve noticed the AI is pretty bad at driving in the rain. So if you prep with rain tires then I think it’s actually a little bit of an advantage, provided you can keep yourself on the track. The AI really seems to slow down more than the need to in the turns.

For me the most annoying thing so far is any race taking place on Nurburgring. That course is maddening, especially when trying to pass a car in front of you. Opportunities to overtake are few and far between and I’ve found myself in the grass against the wall many times when just trying to squeeze by.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@zupertramp
Whenever it starts to get too bad and tires spinning like crazy I turn TCS on to try and counter it. If the gauge goes that blue-ish colour then it's time for TCS 5, normally I have it turned off. Have you tried that?

Edited on by sorteddan

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Not sure there is a race there... Is it a rally?

zupertramp

@Th3solution True the AI does slow up too much but this is also part of the problem for me lol. All the sudden I'm greeted with a pack of slowing cars at the upcoming corner and it's wet and I can't get it checked up without spinning out or ramming into the pack (which usually causes me to spin).

Or I'll just hit a puddle moving off the driving line during a pass and hydroplane.

Or I'll be exciting a corner with cars in tow, taking it easy on the throttle and somehow I'm going too slow and get turned by a competitor. It's maddening. Plus trying to work my way up from 16th or whatever, it's just too much in heavily wet conditions. Even the rain tires are so waterlogged a couple laps in it's impossible for me to effectively maneuver.

But yes Nurburgring is a nightmare. I'm actually not even sure where one is meant to pass there. It's incredibly difficult and I'll likely never get a clean race bonus but I do still love it. In the right car anyway. I've even had it shower a little there which certainly makes things interesting but it was never so bad that controlling the car became overly ridiculous.

zupertramp

@sorteddan nah just feel like I'm cheesing it when I go to heavy on the assists during races but honestly I'm probably going to need to. I can't even place at the red bull track (for WTC 600) because of the rain.

On second thought, I think some of my reluctance to turn up assist settings is a fear that even with them all the way up I'll still be unable to complete said task. Not sure if that makes sense.

But I'll try it out. Don't have much choice otherwise lol.

Th3solution

@sorteddan Sorry, 😅 I meant Nurburgring. That stupid long one lap race with parts that are really narrow and winding. It’s beautiful though.

Edited on by Th3solution

zupertramp

Untitled
Untitled

render

It's no where near the fastest but I'm pretty happy with a 1:26.877

Untitled

render

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Oh I very much knew what you meant... Can't believe you edited the post though, now my joke makes no sense!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic