Forums

Topic: Gran Turismo 7

Posts 401 to 420 of 639

MatthewJP

@Th3solution haha same. Amount of times I've come close to scraping my alloys trying to hit the apex of a roundabout!

PSN: mpquikster

render

@Elodin @Th3solution Thanks for taking part and those times are not to be sneezed at. It isn't easy getting it together in 5 laps and I've tried various different ways to tackle it. I'm going to do mine later and no doubt I'll be in a similar ballpark.

render

zupertramp

@Th3solution @Elodin @render yeah I can't imagine mine will be any better. Been too busy to get to it so far (still working on my sambabus laps at the ring) but I'll get to it some time I hope.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

sorteddan

apologies in advance but im fairly sure my attempts to use this image hosting link is bound to end in disaster but here goes....

so ill include times as well

1) 1:11:585
2) 1:11:686
3) 1:11:145
4) 1:10:089
5) 1:09:475

Best one was the last one (like how it shows steady improvement - however slight)
1:09:475

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@sorteddan Nice one, that was a steady improvement indeed and at least you were always getting faster.

I managed a 1:08.816 but it was a really messy attempt as you can see

Untitled

render

sorteddan

@render
Think my technique followed from all those licenses i recently did, which was - if i can set a ghost, I can beat that ghost, if I can beat that ghost i will (eventually) reach my target.
So my laps go: base lap, base lap, slight improvement, slight improvement, slight improvement.

Yours seem to have gone:
Cack, cack, cack, jackpot!

Maybe I'll have to go more gung-ho in future.

I was also ready for that last corner. As soon as I started the lap I remembered how often I'd been caught out by it!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@sorteddan I do try and approach it just as you did there but for some reason by the time I've reached the first corner I've thrown that out the window and just pushed too hard too soon 😅

render

Jimmer-jammer

Untitled

1:10.935

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Elodin

@Kairu wow! Well done! As well as everyone else under 1:10.

Elodin

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - results week 10

Hey everyone, this has to be the best turnout we've had in terms of numbers of people taking part this week. Really big thanks everyone who set a time and special mention to those taking part for the first time, especially if you've not had the game for too long and have been ploughing through the menus. I've always found this challenge just that but enjoy setting it and taking part and it's always great to see others having a go. If anyone enjoyed that so much that they can / want to come and race this car / track combination on Sunday at the usual Push Square race night then please do as I can promise you it's a good laugh and it doesn't always finish in the order found here.

Here are the results. The top 3 are...

1st 🥇: @Kairu 1:07.544
2nd🥈: @Mr_B021 1:08.046
3rd🥉: @velio84 1:08.300

That's an astonishing time from Kairu at the top and the runners up times aren't too shabby either. Generally I'm impressed by how bunched up the midfield is this time round but to be honest all the times were respectable and I'd happily take anyone of them knowing how hard this challenge can be.

Here's a roundup of the rest of the times:

4th: @nitram2k11 1:08.810
5th: @render 1:08.816
6th: @MatthewJP 1:08.884
7th: @sorteddan 1:09.475
8th: @JudgeDredd 1:09.871
9th: @Jimmer-jammer 1:10.935
10th: @Elodin 1:11.697
11th: @Th3Solution 1:11.775

Great stuff everyone I hope you all enjoyed taking part this week and got something out of the experience. I'll happily set another one for next Monday so check this thread out then

render

Th3solution

You guys think that my time was slow but what you don’t realize was that I did the whole race in reverse.

1:11.775 doesn’t sound so bad now, does it?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

Are we all certain that @Kairu is a real live human being?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Mr_B021

@Jimmer-jammer Well, if you promise you won’t tell anyone.. Kairu is a working title for GT7’s Sophy AI. Polyphony Digital is paying us to train it. I give it a few more weeks before it becomes sentient.. 🤫

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Jimmer-jammer

@Mr_B021 That’s what I suspected! Now about this matter of being paid…

render

Push Square GT7 Fastest Lap Challenge - week 11

Hi everyone, after the amazing turnout last week I've got my fingers crossed that we get at least as many entries this week. A quick reminder for anyone that hasn't taken part yet, each week I pick a different track and car combination - hopefully one that we've all got from playing the campaign or one that isn't too expensive from the used car or brand central dealers and we then see who out of all of us can set the fastest lap with it using the TT mode on the specific track. It's open to anyone from novice to seasoned players and is just a bit of fun with the only prize on offer being the feeling of smugness knowing that you've beaten your fellow Push Square forum members.

The track layout this week was released a few patches ago and I've wanted to get around to checking it out myself so I thought why not do it on the challenge.

Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Car: Porsche 911 Carrera RS (964) '92
Settings: Default settings sheet (if you think you might have changed settings just create a new sheet)
Tyres: Sports Hard
Time of day: 12:20
Method:

The idea is to go in blind, no practice using the track / car combo before hand and no restarting - this is going to rely on everyone being honest as there's really no way to police this. Any day Monday to Thursday this week go to World Circuits, select the track followed by Time Trial -

Untitled

Select the specific time of day -

Untitled

Select the car and tyres -

Untitled

You've got 5 laps to put together a solid lap time. Once you've crossed the line on the 5th lap exit the time trial and take a screenshot as per the example or just record your time:

Untitled

Then either upload the image to Twitter or another sharing service e.g. imgur.com and post the link here or just post your time in a message, whichever method suits you best and whenever you like. I'll then gather all the times up and publish the results on Friday.

Should be a quick one this week. Good luck!

render

Elodin

Don't have the porches yet. Need to play a bit more to get some money or unlock it via menu

Elodin

render

@Elodin Ah shame. I was trying to find a car radically different to last week that would be fun to drive. Hope you can get it unlocked but appreciate if that’s not possible.

render

Th3solution

Untitled

1:32.719

Embarrassed that I didn’t do better on this one. Every time I felt like I was getting going on a good run, I got greedy and ended up off the track.

It was probably foolish of me to just pick it up and do the challenge cold as my first race after not turning on my PS5 for 3 days. Wasn’t in my racing groove yet. …oh yeah, and I was tired. …and the sun was in my eyes. …and my controller ran out of batteries in the middle. …er, and uh, whatever other excuse sounds good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic