Forums

Topic: Elden Ring Hype Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,024

JJ2

In the QA video he mentioned a big spoiler but he warns well before. An amazing place he found by accident and was told to get out because he wasn’t supposed to go there.
So yeah I’m not going to say what it is but he mentioned it in the video.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

colonelkilgore

@JJ2 sounds intriguing… stuff like that is one of the best things about open-worlds IMO.

**** DLC!

Elodin

I am on the hype train. I can't get enough. I understand ill see spoilers, but there are so many secrets in these games I'm not worried. I keep watching all the videos and reading all I can. All signs are positive. Elden Ring is going to be fantastic.

Elodin

JJ2

Elden Ring is releasing this month!
🙏🏻🥲

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

godofwarj5

I’m a Legend of Zelda and god of war super fan…. Elden ring excites and scares me. I don’t get along well with games that are hard for the sake of being hard. The world, character, and story are all huge selling points, but I’m reserving hype until there are real world reports on how the difficulty compares to other games.
Still, excited nonetheless

godofwarj5

colonelkilgore

@godofwarj5 they’re not really that difficult mate… they just take a different mindset going in. There are obviously tough sections but players really just need to curb their natural enthusiasm to launch themselves into each combat scenario while spamming r1.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Mega-Gazz

velio84 wrote:

@godofwarj5 I wouldn't say that From Software games are hard for the sake of being hard. They are indeed hard, but it also somehow looks achievable.
Nioh on the other hand - that's certainly a game which is hard for the sake of being hard. It's doing all sort of nonsense for no good reason. It's addicting, but it's certainly harder than the From games.

Of course, this is subjective and many people may find From games pointless, but I rarely felt that something is hard just to annoy you. The game elements are made that there is always a way out, you just need to figure it out.

Agree that from games aren’t hard in the way that say, RESOGUN is hard. Or Returnal. Both much harder in the traditional sense. From games are about learning and overcoming adversity.

Nioh I actually found too easy for some builds hard for others. My hammer build was able to r2 faceroll through the game, wearing the heaviest armor and huge dps/stagger. But some other weapons less so.

Mega-Gazz

godofwarj5

@velio84 but they are definitely harder than GoW and LoZ… I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a casual. I’m 50/50 between playing games on easy or medium. GoW I’m totally comfortable playing medium or hard, but I do get annoyed at how it turns into a grind fest to beat each filler battle.
Where would you recommend a casual start w/ from software games… like which game?

godofwarj5

willi3su

@godofwarj5 I'd go with Bloodborne. It has the simplest stat upgrade system. But it introduces a lot of the concepts that are more complex in other From Software games. Its also more fast paced. But in any case, the best advice I can give is take your time. No matter the From game, if you aren't used to how they play, don't try and rush through it. Slow down and go one step at a time, learn each element, don't be afraid to google what things mean.

willi3su

godofwarj5

@velio84 cool, thanks for the pointers. I actually ’own’ Bloodborne in the ps plus collection but the reviews and descriptions of it put me off to the difficulty of it. Now Elden Ring on the other hand, is just intriguing enough that I might have to just get gud

godofwarj5

willi3su

@godofwarj5 I found Bloodborne to be one of the easier From games. Health potions are wayyy more plentiful, attacking and dodging is easier to control, few other things. It certainly has the standard From mentality but IMO, it has a few things that make it a bit less prone to frustration.

In addition, thats one reason I would still suggest Bloodborne over Elden Ring. Elden Ring, based on the footage I've seen, is much closer to Dark Souls's slower more methodical combat which I personally found to be more of a challenge than Bloodborne's faster combat.

Edited on by willi3su

willi3su

colonelkilgore

@willi3su I think it’s pretty subjective tbh mate… it’s kinda like everyone seems to find different From Soft bosses more easy and more difficult than the next person.

**** DLC!

godofwarj5

@willi3su cool, since I already ’own’ bloodborne via ps plus collection maybe I’ll start there knowing that elden ring is designed/ intended to be less frustrating though not necessarily easier

godofwarj5

Elodin

@godofwarj5 I'm not good at all at From Software games, but I still relish the win when it does happen and it happens for me because I way over level a boss to where my many mistakes won't kill me. So it is doable, even for non get gud players like me. Just an FYI. As long as your having fun the games are good.

Elodin

kyleforrester87

I started with Bloodborne. An early boss, Father Gascoigne, is the wall - fighting him teaches you to play the game. The same with the Pursuer, an early boss in Dark Souls 2.

Anyway the games seem disgustingly hard but they are really not, but there is an initial hump to get over. Once you get into the swing of it things you often hear people complain about stuff like loosing vast numbers of souls which doesn’t really tend to happen much, and when it does it doesn’t really matter, and long walks to bosses - 9 times out of 10 it’s easy to sprint past everything to get back to the boss when you die.

I did struggle to get into Souls after first playing Bloodborne, but it wouldn’t have been any easier the other way round tbh.

Just perceiver and soak in the early moments!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@godofwarj5 I started with a few hours of Dark Souls 1, then fell off it because I didn’t really understand it and didn’t have a community to fall back on to help me through the early hours. Fast forward a few years and I played Bloodborne and finished and loved it with the help of Push Square folks and I’m now playing Demon’s Souls and loving it too. So as a relative newb, I can say that the games are certainly achievable if you have a little support and don’t mind getting advice or guidance online and watching YouTube videos when you need help with a boss.

“Easy mode” for Demon’s Souls does seem to be the magic build, which I’m doing right now. I’ve struggled certainly from time to time (my recent posts over on the DeS thread shows me in full frustration mode after playing The Ritual Path) but overall it’s been quite reasonable with the magic to decimate enemies from a distance.

“Easy mode” for Bloodborne was running past most of the enemies in the opening areas to get to the bridge where you can fight the first boss and unlock the ability to level up, then grinding the opening area over and over and over again until you get slightly overpowered. Then periodically finding good grinding places throughout the game to just spend a few hours and level up until your overpowered again if you start to struggle. With just patience and time, along with the internet, it’s not impossible.

I actually said this recently on here, but for me who likes to make these games relatively “easy”, I think I’m going to have to wait to play Elden Ring later, until the online guides and videos can become commonplace. If I played it blind on release then I’m worried I might be frustrated.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic