Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yeah that’s a great point actually. I did look for I am Setsuna too but it looks like there might not be a UK physical release for that one… so will have to get that one digitally I guess (and it isn’t on sale atm).

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Just ordered Ace Combat 7 for €20. Never played an Ace Combat game before and this seemed like a good one to start with!

LtSarge

Thrillho

@LtSarge I had absolutely no idea what was going on with the “story” in the game but it’s always good fun shooting **** out of the sky in a fighter jet!

There’s some horrible checkpointing (i.e. pretty much none) so it can be very frustrating to fail towards the end of a mission and have to redo the whole thing but I mostly enjoyed my time with the game.

Thrillho

XandertheWise

I bought the NWO DLC pack for WWE 2K22 eaarlier today since the DLC is still on sale til tomorrrow

XandertheWise

LtSarge

@Thrillho Ah thanks for the warning about the checkpoints. Didn't know it was that bad!

But yeah, I've never played a pure flying game in general so it's going to be interesting to see what I think of it.

LtSarge

Th3solution

I picked up a copy of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. I hadn’t intended to but as I was browsing the store I saw a copy for $15 and my recent discussion with @HallowMoonshadow had brought the game to the forefront of my mind. I had such a good time with the first game, that I decided I might want to do the full set. For the price it wasn’t much investment; now it’s all about finding the time to fit it into the schedule.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Hope you enjoy it whenever you get round to it!

It's not a bad game per say, just a bit lacklustre compared to the other games in the series.

It will be interesting to read what you have to say about some of the changes, and some of the baffling placements of certain locations!

The DLC is really good, better than the main game I thought.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m neck deep in backlog, but I’ll definitely report out when the time comes. I’m getting a little itch to jump back into the Souls world already, but I’m restraining myself.

I was rather surprised to see that the ESRB rating for DS2 is actually “T for Teen” where all the other FromSoft games including Bloodborne, Elden Ring, Sekiro, and DS1&3 are all rated “M for Mature.” I don’t often pay close attention to ratings because usually it’s obvious to me what I’m getting into since I research my games before buying, but this one was curious and I didn’t even notice until after I got the disc home and was putting it on the shelf. Is the game sanitized to be less violent and the bosses less gruesome?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I think it's partially because there's no ragdoll physics @Th3solution and enemies will fade to dust after beating them?

Nothing else really springs to mind there's still some grotesque looking bosses and the likes.

Hopefully you enjoy it whenever you get around to it Sol!

As Johnny mentions (and I will too) there are some places that don't make geographical sense on how they connect and I think that's down to levels being stitched together after originally it was going to be open world or something along the lines but they ran out of time?

If you pop open a guide make sure it's about the PS4/Xbox 1 Scholar Of The Sin version as the original PS3/Xbox 360 release has VERY different item and enemy layouts 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LtSarge

Bought Zombie Army 4: Dead War. I decided to get this game mostly because it's part of the Sniper Elite series but also because it looks like a really fun zombie shooter. Probably won't play it for a while as I already own the Zombie Army Trilogy, but at least now I have a good amount of games in this franchise to play through.

LtSarge

HallowMoonshadow

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters, Steins;Gate 0 & Okage: Shadow King are my latest purchases. Just over a tenner for the lot!

The Coma 2 being a 2D South Korean Horror Game with a neat looking art style.

Steins Gate 0 being a visual novel and sequel (Or is it a Preque?) to the popular visual novel/anime series Steins;Gate with Timey Wimey... stuff.

And Okage: Shadow King being a Sony first party JRPG from the PS2 that apparently never released here in europe... Yet I swear I saw it's box art multiple times back in the day! I quite like the weird almost Tim Burton-esque art style for the characters too...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BearsEatBeets

There was another update for The Witcher 3 on PS5 today so I had a quick look at the current sale while it downloaded. I noticed Broken Sword 5 was in there and I haven't played one of these in years, I think the third might have been the last one I played. I used to enjoy all the old point n' click adventures on PC so took a punt and got it, especially as it was only £1.25 (or something like that).

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@AgentCooper I assume you've not got around to playing it yet then. I'm thinking it will be a nice, relaxed, quickish game after I'm done with the Witcher 3 I'm playing now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

LtSarge

Just bought Shadow Warrior and Sniper Elite 3 for €8 in total in the latest PS Store sale. Honestly pretty good deals for these two games. I'm looking forward to giving them a go in the future.

LtSarge

CaptD

Just bought Hat in Time for a bargain £8 on Amazon (not that price anymore unfortunately). Quite surprised to find out it also includes one of the two pieces of dlc, shame not both but one is better than nothing.

@LtSarge Sniper elite 3 is very good. Are you a trophy hunter? I think @colonelkilgore also has that game and there are some multi player medals required for the platinum and they can be privately boosted with 2 players, however one of them needs 3...I'm happy to help if required.
No pressure from me as I already have the platinum although the colonel might come knocking. 😂

CaptD

LtSarge

@CaptD Unfortunately, I'll probably won't bother with the trophies in this one since I don't really play multiplayer in games anymore (except for Nintendo titles). It'll probably also take a while before I get to the third game since I still need to play V2.

Coincidentally, I've been watching people play Sniper Elite 3 multiplayer and it looks like a ton of fun. So who knows, I might change my mind in the future.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@CaptD I do have 3 (A Hat in Time too but am yet to play it)… doubt I’ll ever end up playing it though. As much as I loved 4… I’ll probably just end up playing the series from that point onwards than go back… cheers for the call out though 🫡

Lol just saw @LtSarge’s post. Never say never I guess 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic