Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 3,858

Thrillho

@avatarian Have you played the games before?

I’d only originally played Infinite on PS3 because it was a PS+ game at the end of that generation’s lifecycle but loved the first two games when I got the Collection on PS4.

Thrillho

LtSarge

@avatarian I probably won't be playing it anytime soon, but I highly recommend reading @RogerRoger's review of Spirit of the North as he talks about it quite well. In fact, it was because of his review that I even had my sights on this game to begin with. Here's a link: https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...

@sorteddan Yeah, I can imagine so. That's kinda why I was hesitant in buying it, but I've been watching people play this game and they truly get immersed into it, which piqued my interest. So even if I don't get very far in the game, I think I'd enjoy a brief time with it just to see what the fuss is all about. It was only €5 after all and that includes the Vita version, so now I have another reason to use my Vita!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

@Thrillho Actually I played the first Bioshock on my ol' faithful PS3 back in the day. I really enjoyed that one. I have heard good things about Infinite (besides the infamous ending).

@LtSarge I will check Roger's review as I am kind of curious about the sale.

Pain is only temporary. Platinum trophies are eternal.

PSN: Avatarian598

Anti-Matter

Untitled

1. Horse Club Adventures
2. Dodgeball Academia
3. Kitaria Fables

Untitled

Untitled

Only Dodgeball Academia that have booklet inside. The other games have no booklet or just only a sheet of brochure inside.
All the characters in Dodgeball Academia are written in both English and Japanese names.

And for Horse Club Adventures, it was my first girlie horse riding game ever from all my games collection and i will happy to add another girlie horse riding games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Cheque's in the post, my friend.

Seriously, thanks for remembering my review, and I hope you enjoy Spirit of the North. Sounds like you got it for a bargain so, even if it's slightly underwhelming, I'm sure you'll get your money's worth!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@Anti-Matter I’ve been interested in Kitaria Fables since it released. I think it’s on sale at the moment, so I might have to pick it up.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma
Also, Kitaria Fables was an indie game that made by Indonesian 🇮🇩 developer, from my country. 😀
Another Indonesian games on modern consoles that have physical release as well. 😊

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

Bentleyma

I picked up Trek to Yomi, Bound by Flame and Panzer Dragoon: Remake.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

I tend to get a bit overly keen when a game series grabs my attention… and the Sniper Elite 5 reviews have done just that. So I just ordered physical copies of Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, Sniper Elite 3 and Sniper Elite 4 (already had a digital version of 4 but I like to have as much physical as possible). Gonna keep an eye on the PS5 version of Sniper Elite 5 now… hopefully I’ll be able to grab it for around £30 in the next few months.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd 🤣… tbh I’m pretty sure that I’m gonna love it… but they were pretty in-expensive in any case. I’m a huge MGSV fan and I do get a little of those vibes from the reviews that I’ve watched.

Out of interest, have you played any of them?

JudgeDredd

@colonelkilgore I've played them all, yeah. It's a really good series, obviously the older titles have some jank. Bit more AA, if you like.

JudgeDredd

render

@colonelkilgore I've played 4 and really liked it and always meant to grab the others. Will definitely be getting 5 at some point. Actually there were a few trophies on 4 that I didn't get, one of which was an online one that was pretty difficult to setup with a random so if you need any help with any and can reciprocate that would be great 😉

render

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd cool… well I plan on starting with 4 and then I’ll play 5 next year or the year after. Doubt I’ll ever play 2 or 3 (unless I’m well and truly bowled over) but I like to have a full series (or as close to as possible) on the shelf.

colonelkilgore

@render perfect dude… I’ll definitely take you up on that. My one concern was trying to pop the online trophies, what with the games age.

JudgeDredd

@colonelkilgore If you drop one, I'd say 3 is the weakest. 2, while old, is really good though. SE4 looks and plays very modern.

JudgeDredd

render

@colonelkilgore I don't know what it's like to get a game now but back when I was playing it for some of the modes it was pretty much impossible. I think it did have a bit of a comeback a while back as it was a PS+ game but I bet it didn't last too long before the number shrunk again.

I remember the multiplayer was quite a challenge, especially with it being a sniper game 99% of the time I didn't even see the shot that killed me 🤣

render

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd I’ll keep that in mind bud.

@render just read the online trophy info… shouldn’t be too difficult to boost from what I gather. A lot less difficult than the authentic playthrough I’d imagine 😉

JudgeDredd

@colonelkilgore I almost always choose easy one games but I actually did the authentic playthrough on SE4 and it's going to test your resolve. As a guy who's platted MGS and Deus Ex you'll know all about stealth and patience though! 👍

JudgeDredd

render

@colonelkilgore I think you are right. Looking at psnprofiles the one I'm missing is this one...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5794-sniper-elite-4/50-channel...

That was one of the modes that I couldn't find anyone playing. I'll happily help with the others as I really enjoyed the overwatch missions so would be up for doing those again. The authentic play through is hard, yes indeed. I managed the full play through on that difficulty before but not without saving so this will be a good chance to go back to do that 👍

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic