Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

Picked up Dusk Diver. Saw the article about the sequel and thought it siunded interesting. Searched the store and the original had 60% off until tomorrow.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@ThereThere I’m excited to hear how you fare. (Welcome back, btw! 😄 Not sure I officially did that yet). As you may recall when we spoke of the game before, the discussion in the Tavern thread is what really saved my Bloodborne experience. I’m certain I’d have given up after a couple hours into the game if not for a little collaboration from other Push Squires. It’s been a couple years ago, but if you want it, I’ll have some advice to pass on which might save you some headache.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Lavalera

@ThereThere I never heard about Broken Age before, but seeing its from Tim Schafer, chances are I'm prolly going to like it. Picked it up as well since it's on sale now, that why i like to read what other people buy it sometimes gives me ideas haha

PSNid: Lavalera

RogerRoger

@ThereThere Hope you enjoy The Last Guardian. Such a magical experience, but not without its flaws, and some might argue said flaws only add to its magic. Looking forward to seeing where you land!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

I splashed out earlier as well. Got myself a couple more for the neverending backlog: Headlander & Moonlighter for a very low combined sum.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan yeah I picked Headlander up too, it’s been on my wishlist for ages and is currently a proper bargain.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Coolo. Great minds and all that... Supposed to be a great metroidvania and I love the 70s aesthetic, was the trailer sealed the deal for me though!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

HallowMoonshadow

I didn't purchase it but I have my hands on Ghost Of Tsushima.

Looking forward to giving it a shot... I've never actually played a Sucker Punch title before. Only a demo of Sly 1 and Infamous 1 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I’ll be curious to see how you like GoT. Sucker Punch puts a lot of polish on their games, so you’ll be able to feel the quality right away. Whether you click with the gameplay and story will be the question.

I never played any Sly Cooper games, but I quite enjoyed all the inFAMOUS games. However, GoT is such a change in direction for them that I didn’t really feel much similarity to their older stuff.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution wrote:

Whether you click with the gameplay and story will be the question.

Ain't that the truth?

It's been a while since my last true open world game... I think aside from a brief stint with Genshin Impact for a second time it was Days Gone (Which I hated on both fronts) so... Yeah. Hopefully I'll enjoy Tsushima! 😂

Th3solution wrote:

I never played any Sly Cooper games, but I quite enjoyed all the inFAMOUS games. However, GoT is such a change in direction for them that I didn’t really feel much similarity to their older stuff.

Well I definitely wasn't expecting anything like Sly to rear it's head but I assumed some inFAMOUS DNA/design philosophy would've bled into GoT at least! 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@HallowMoonshadow It'll be real interesting to read about your experience with Tsushima. You're coming at it from a different angle than I did, but I got a third of the way through and had to take an extended break from it, so that I didn't burn out and end up hating what is, by all metrics, a superb game. Really hope you enjoy your time with it, and that your Days Gone experience isn't a warning sign!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@HallowMoonshadow I suppose the open world-ness is a carry over, and some of the 3rd person shooting mechanics could be iterated from inFAMOUS, but GoT is definitely it’s own thing.

And like @RogerRoger says, there’s a slight risk of open world fatigue in the middle sections, so it could be beneficial to have an alternate game to play alongside as a distraction if it grows tedious. Honestly I felt it dragged less than other open world games like Assassins Creed or even Horizon Zero Dawn. The uniqueness of the navigation systems and guidance from wind, along with more focused side quests that have mini narratives made it feel like it had less ‘filler content’ than other open worlders. But still, if it’s not your first choice in genre, our only hope will be that you enjoy Jin as a protagonist and get invested in the storyline. It will help a lot if you’re interested in Japanese/Mongolian history.

Thrillho

@HallowMoonshadow I really enjoyed Ghost, only playing it when I got my PS5 so without all the hype around it.

That opening section is fantastic and I thought the whole atmosphere of the game was wonderful (how can people ruin that with English dialogue? ) and had a great supporting cast too.

My main gripe was that the game was quite quick to give you all your abilities so you had everything about a third of the way in, apart from one skill.

Thrillho

Anti-Matter

I got these PS4 games last Sunday.

Untitled

Two Paw Patrol games on PS4.
I enjoy to play kids games like these.

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter That last sentence is a bit of a bombshell.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
I'm not entirely convinced @Anti-Matter is a real person. I think they may be a character created to wind up the Git Gud crowd!?

Anti-Matter

@sorteddan
I'm playing Paw Patrol Adventure City Calls PS4 right now.
I am the only user here playing kids games.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic