Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

Gone a bit crazy on sniper games of late… so in addition to the Sniper Elite games I bought last week, I just picked up Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (on PS5).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore I'm interested to try the PSVR incarnation of "Sniper Elite" but finding one of those gun peripherals (which are essentially just elaborate plastic tubes) for a sane price is proving to be quite tricky.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 Yeah I’ve heard really good things about that, hopefully Sony will bring a new gun peripheralout for PSVR 2.

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Just browsed through the latest PS Store deals and there were actually quite a few games that I wanted to buy. I got Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Remothered: Broken Procelain, Onimusha: Warlords and Twin Mirror for €30 in total.

I'm still in the mood for horror/spooky games so that's why I bought these ones. Although I was hesitant in buying Code Veronica because I've heard the PS4 version isn't as good as the PS3/360 one. I already have the 360 version but as I've mentioned before, I just prefer playing games on PS4 now thanks to rest mode. Not to mention that playing a classic Resident Evil game with an Xbox controller feels awkward as heck. I gave the PS4 version a go for a short while and yeah, it doesn't run as well as the 360 version due to it being the PAL version with 50 Hz. It's also not in wide screen. So I'm still split whether to play through the 360 version or the PS4 one whenever I eventually get to Code Veronica. One thing's for sure though, the game is so much fun and I've missed classic Resident Evil with tank controls and fixed camera angles. It feels perfect to play with the DualShock 4 as well.

That's one of the reasons why I also got Onimusha since I've heard it's just like classic Resident Evil but with swords, and that appealed to me a lot. For some reason, I've come to love games with tank controls now. It's like an acquired taste, kind of like how I hated mustard when I first tried it but now I absolutely love it. I think the slow and methodical gameplay that comes with tank controls appeals to me a great deal.

I also got Remothered Broken Porcelain since I've heard the game has been patched since release. All of the reviews that you find about the game will mention how unpolished it is, but that was 1.5 years ago and to my understanding, the game has been much improved since then. It looks like a very appealing horror experience that draws inspiration from series like Clock Tower, so I'm looking forward to delving into it.

Finally, I got Twin Mirror since I've heard it's made by Dontnod, which I had no idea about. It's apparently not as good as games like Life is Strange because of how short the game is, but for €8 that it cost, I just had to give it a try. Dontnod rarely disappoints after all.

LtSarge

Lavalera

@LtSarge I actually never heard of twin mirror before. Thanks after reading up on it I decided to buy it as well.

That's what I love about this forum it gives me so many ideas of games to put in my backlog

PSNid: Lavalera

LtSarge

@Lavalera Ah nice mate! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Yeah, I try to write about all the games that I've been playing or bought on the forums in order to bring attention to them for other people who might be interested in them. Considering how many games there are in the market, it's hard to filter out the good/compelling ones from the rest. That's why it's nice that we can have a place like this where we can inform each other.

LtSarge

MikeOrator

Just picked up Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far and Kingdom Hearts III for 10 bucks each. Going to play this over the next few weeks as a palate cleanser for Elden Ring. Started last night and it is so weird to play a game from 3 gen ago. I hope they are as good as the rabid fans make them sound.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

mrtennis1990

Just purchased a plague’s tale and so far it’s fantastic! Going to get Resident Evil remaster next!

mrtennis1990

SolaceCreed

Just got Walking Dead Saints & Sinners and Vader Immortal. So, a lot of VR fun.

Destiny is all

LtSarge

Just ordered Resident Evil 6, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Zombi for €43 in total.

I was originally going to buy only RE6 and Zombi since I wanted to get more horror games after having played through RE4. But then I decided to get Dragon's Dogma as well in order to get free shipping and considering that game was only €15 and it looks like a ton of fun, I'm quite happy with my purchases.

LtSarge

Lavalera

Bought cat quest 1 and 2, submerged and figment in the indie sale. All 4 together for around 10 euro. Cat quest I read good stuff about, as well as figment. Submerged seems like a chill exploration game for in between games.

PSNid: Lavalera

LtSarge

While I was buying some Vita games, I had some leftover funds in my wallet (since you need to add a certain amount in order to buy Vita games, there will sometimes be some money left over) and decided to get God Eater 2: Rage Burst on PS4 for roughly €8. I'm going to be honest though, I got this game since the game page said that the digital version includes a copy of God Eater Resurrection for PS4 but also Vita and I wanted to play the Vita version. Having bought the game now though, the Vita version isn't showing up in my download list. Maybe they've removed it completely from the store, which sucks since it was one of the reasons why I wanted to buy this game so that I could play another title on my Vita. But oh well, at least I got two games for a very cheap price on PS4.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

RogerRoger

I just tracked down a factory-sealed Shenmue III: Collector's Edition.

Merely owning a digital copy of the game felt... wrong.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just ordered Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Oninaki for €50 in total. I've had Odin Sphere in my watchlist for a long time now but after playing Muramasa Rebirth for the past week, I just had to get it now. I also got Oninaki since it looked like a very unique and fun experience.

LtSarge

Anti-Matter

Hiya!
I got two PS4 games this afternoon. 😃
1. My Little Pony: A Maretime Baytime Adventure
2. Dreamworks Dragons: Dawn of New Riders

Untitled

Anti-Matter

render

@ThereThere A great selection there. I can’t recommend Death’s Door enough and really want to play the other two. I’ve been holding out for the rumoured BB remake but it’s been so long I’m going to assume it will just stay as a rumour so might start that later in the year.

render

LtSarge

Saw that Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin was €35 and at that price I wanted to get it. As always, it's hard to know when PS4 games released at the end of a console's life cycle will remain in stock or get more discounted, so I figured €35 is a good middle ground.

I also got Okami HD and Sakura Wars at roughly €20 each. I never finished Okami on the Wii back in the day. I want to beat it but it's been 12 years since I played it and I can't remember anything about the game, so I might as well start over from the beginning and on PS4 this time. Sakura Wars interested me because it seems like a chill anime game with simple gameplay.

LtSarge

CJD87

@LtSarge Let me know what you make of SoP?

I'm currently playing through Nioh, which I understand is by the same developers? SoP looks utterly bonkers (in all the best ways) and I'm intrigued massively by it...

CJD87

LtSarge

@CJD87 It's probably going to be a while until I get to that game. But yeah, I've also read that the Nioh developers made Stranger of Paradise and that it's kinda like a Souls game but with Final Fantasy elements like choosing different jobs and casting spells. It looks pretty cool all things considered, so I'm looking forward to playing it.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic