Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 4,206

Bentleyma

I picked up Trek to Yomi, Bound by Flame and Panzer Dragoon: Remake.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

I tend to get a bit overly keen when a game series grabs my attention… and the Sniper Elite 5 reviews have done just that. So I just ordered physical copies of Sniper Elite V2 Remastered, Sniper Elite 3 and Sniper Elite 4 (already had a digital version of 4 but I like to have as much physical as possible). Gonna keep an eye on the PS5 version of Sniper Elite 5 now… hopefully I’ll be able to grab it for around £30 in the next few months.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd 🤣… tbh I’m pretty sure that I’m gonna love it… but they were pretty in-expensive in any case. I’m a huge MGSV fan and I do get a little of those vibes from the reviews that I’ve watched.

Out of interest, have you played any of them?

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore I've played 4 and really liked it and always meant to grab the others. Will definitely be getting 5 at some point. Actually there were a few trophies on 4 that I didn't get, one of which was an online one that was pretty difficult to setup with a random so if you need any help with any and can reciprocate that would be great 😉

render

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd cool… well I plan on starting with 4 and then I’ll play 5 next year or the year after. Doubt I’ll ever play 2 or 3 (unless I’m well and truly bowled over) but I like to have a full series (or as close to as possible) on the shelf.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render perfect dude… I’ll definitely take you up on that. My one concern was trying to pop the online trophies, what with the games age.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore I don't know what it's like to get a game now but back when I was playing it for some of the modes it was pretty much impossible. I think it did have a bit of a comeback a while back as it was a PS+ game but I bet it didn't last too long before the number shrunk again.

I remember the multiplayer was quite a challenge, especially with it being a sniper game 99% of the time I didn't even see the shot that killed me 🤣

render

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd I’ll keep that in mind bud.

@render just read the online trophy info… shouldn’t be too difficult to boost from what I gather. A lot less difficult than the authentic playthrough I’d imagine 😉

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore I think you are right. Looking at psnprofiles the one I'm missing is this one...

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5794-sniper-elite-4/50-channel...

That was one of the modes that I couldn't find anyone playing. I'll happily help with the others as I really enjoyed the overwatch missions so would be up for doing those again. The authentic play through is hard, yes indeed. I managed the full play through on that difficulty before but not without saving so this will be a good chance to go back to do that 👍

render

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd yeah I think it’ll take some getting used to what with the lack of a hud, wind and gravity effecting bullet-trajectory etc. sounds awesome though.

@render I’d appreciate that mate… hopefully it won’t take us too long to complete the co-op stuff as you’ve already done it.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
You buy games that you doubt you'll ever play?
...well I suddenly feel less worried about my game purchasing tendencies

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan yeah… I have a real problem I’m afraid. 😅 Not just games neither… I had an Evercade VS for chrimbo, with very nearly the full collection of cartridges. Haven’t even opened up the box 🫣

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Lol! I remember discussing that when you were gonna get it, I mentioned I probably wouldn't as I didn't think I'd actually play it - was more the idea than the reality that I think I wanted.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan that’s right yeah! I just like collecting stuff that I’m into tbh… also I enjoy staring at a shelf full of games that I haven’t played for inspiration (as sad as that sounds 😅).

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Well as long as you can afford it I guess it's your business. Some people collect figurines just so they've got something to dust from time to time so could be worse.

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m imagining the post-apocalyptic world like in Horizon Zero Dawn where our descendants are searching through the remains of our long fallen civilization and when they come to your game collection they will enshrine it as some kind of wonder of the world like the Great Library of Alexandria. They will base their understanding of our culture upon your exhaustive collection. 😄
We’ll call it the The Great Colonel’s Anthology of Interactive Entertainment.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

Will probably be Kao the Kangaroo, once it decides to make an appearance on the PlayStation Store.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution as long as they don’t mess up the arrangement by pulling out titles and then replacing them out of order, I’m all good with that 🤣

**** DLC!

LtSarge

I've been absolutely loving my time with Resident Evil 4 that I've ordered some more RE/horror titles. I got Resident Evil Village for €22, Resident Evil 5 for €17 and The Dark Pictures Anthology - Little Hope for €15.

Been waiting a long time for Village to go down in price and for roughly €20, I felt like this was a good time to grab it. In terms of RE5, I already have a copy on PS3 but I just prefer playing games now on PS4 due to the better controller as well as rest mode. I like the feeling of being able to boot up a game quickly and play in short or long bursts. And finally, while I didn't like Man of Medan as much as I thought I would, I have heard that Little Hope is better and that's honestly good enough for me. For €15 I don't mind giving it a go.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I’m getting more tempted by Supermassive’s The Quarry. It looks like a very complex story based horror game with all the multiple endings. I don’t think I’ll buy it at full price but pretty sure eventually will. Good to see RE4 has really stirred some horror interest.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic