Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 4,206

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder cheers, yeah you are right in this instance! Looks like the only things not included are the Masquerade Pack and Classic Movie Pack

Xbox behaves a bit weirdly for certain games on the store and I think it's because of how convoluted the DLC packages can be. Like I've redeemed a code for the Doom Eternal season pass that came with the deluxe disc. It'll show the separate bits of DLC as owned but not the whole season pass. Or something like that anyway.

Another thing that's weird is that it can take a while to change from the price to saying "owned". Like I own Forza Horizon 4 and all but one piece of DLC. I'll see a bit I own that has a price on it but it changes to owned if I click on it and back out.

See ya!

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 for a combined £13 on the store.

Never been a massive Resident Evil fan if I'm honest. I played Code Veronica back on Dreamcast and Resi 2 Remake back last year... both of which I 'liked' well enough but didn't feel compelled to play more at the time.

I've since started playing through the various 'classic' series' that I'd missed for whatever reason though and figured that the Resident Evil series is as deserving of the 'classic' status as any series.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m a late comer to the RE franchise as well, but am staying in the more modern side of the series. I have bought all the mainline games (except for VIILage) but was also tempted by the sale get the older games like Revelations. I remember one of the two Revelation games is well thought of and the other not so much, but I can’t remember which

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution The first Revelations game is generally well liked, the second, not so much. I highly recommend that anyone new to Resident Evil checks out the remake of the first game. It’s still my favourite game in the series. It’s £3.99 on the PlayStation Store at the moment.

I’ve just pre-ordered Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I’m really interested to see how it’ll stack up compared to the PS5 version.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah, so it probably is the recent buzz of Village… and consistent high regard Resi 7 has been held in since its release that has re-gathered my interest. I listened to a podcast where the host and guests were positively gushing about Resi 8 before shining some serious light on Resi 7… then they just started paying homage to the whole series (including the Revelations games which I hadn’t really heard of). Around about the same time I also caught a back episode of the Easy Allies - Hall of Greats in which the two games added to the their relatively exclusive list of greatest games of all-time were both from the Resident Evil franchise (Resident Evil Remake & Resident Evil 4 iirc). It was like the YouTube universe was trying to tell me something 😉.

@Bentleyma- so I picked up the double-pack of Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil Remake a while back, so when I do start my RE series playthrough I definitely intend to play all of ‘em (even 6!). Not gonna lie though, even though I’ll be playing through all the older games, it will be eventually getting to 7 & 8 (& it’s eventual trilogy-capper) that I’m most keen to experience.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Bentleyma- @colonelkilgore I played the remakes for RE1 and RE2 last year. Absolutely loved both, but especially RE2. Bought RE3 Remake in a sale as well a pack of RE4,5,6 on sale. I really only intended to play 1-4 then 7 and 8, but the pack with 5 and 6 included was the same price essentially as 4 alone.
So I have a lot of Resident Evil to play! And that’s not counting Revelations, Zero, and Code Veronica

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

hypnotoad

Just ordered my very first Yakuza game - Yakuza 0.
Is it good ?

hypnotoad

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I picked up the whole collection a while back but I'm a little deterred by the amount of time I'll have to put in. As it stands, I'm gonna try and fit one in per year. If I really like the first one I play (will either be zero or YK) I may up it to two per year.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

Did someone mention Yakuza??

Untitled

@hypnotoad Great game, fantastic series. I will warn you now that the opening hour is a bit heavy as it’s almost Kojima like in the amount of cut scenes it has to set the scene but after that it’s fab.

Combat is solid, characters are first class, the story is great, and then you can dance, race pocket cars, sing karaoke, and so much more.

And how many other games have you saving Michael Jackson (sorry “Magic Johnson”) from zombies?

Thrillho

R1spam

@hypnotoad I thought it was amazing. Combat gets a bit samey but the depth to the minigames is scary and side stories are a thing of wonder Mananges to do both serious and seriously weird well. Enjoy!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Th3solution

@Thrillho @hypnotoad @colonelkilgore Haha! The humor is definitely one of the highlights I had from my time with Y0. I do miss that part. As far as longevity, I suppose one could push through the story only and ignore the copious side quests and mini-games. But the side content is a lot of what makes the series special, I think. Like the Miracle Johnson side quests with Stephen Spining 😂

hypnotoad

Thanks very much, lads.
Can't wait.

hypnotoad

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution well you know me, no side stuff shall be sacrificed... looks like 150 hours minimum per game with 2 playthtroughs of each. Dayum!

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Looks like the bi-annual forum discussion on the Yakuza series has started!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I just started Like A Dragon yesterday. The turn based combat has been putting me off. I usually like turn based combat, but didn’t think it would fit a Yakuza game. I have been proven wrong. I’m not far in, but I’m enjoying the combat so far.

Bentleyma

Legacy2K

Bought Death Stranding for cheap on eBay. Not gonna play until I can get the Directors Cut.
Next PS4 game I play will be Judgment but I might opt for the PS5 version in stead.

Legacy2K

Bentleyma

I’ve pre-ordered The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. I really enjoyed Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, so I’m really looking forward to another foray into the series!

Bentleyma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic