Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 4,206

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Great games! If Machine Games make any more like this but exclusive to Xbox, it’s going to be the thing I miss most from the Bethesda acquisition.
Youngblood might not be as good as the others but that doesn’t mean it’s not good still!

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan well if I enjoy the first three as much as my buddy reckons I will, I’ll deffo end up giving Newblood a try at least.

I’m gonna try and start Doom first over the next month, though I have a load on my plate gaming-wise atm. Then I’ll probably give either Wolfenstein: The Old Blood or Wolfenstein: The New Order a try sometime thereafter.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Also have The New Order on my to do list but alas have never got round to starting it.

Doom 2016 is great though, doesn't play like most recent FPS - it's a quick paced all action slaughterfest - loved it! Also recall it being pretty easy to platinum, only one trophy was a bit of a pain where I had to do first stage on hardest mode. reckon you'll be fine with it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan the only thing I’m a little concerned about on the Doom plat is the multiplayer trophies as I heard it’s pretty dead. Hopefully I’ll be lucky and find just enough matches to get what I need to.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore @Voltan I’ll be gutted if the next Wolfenstein isn’t on PlayStation as the story definitely felt like there was a third part to come.

The second game got quite mixed reviews but I really enjoyed it. The DOOM games are fantastic too though.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Voltan @Sorteddan @Thrillho so I’m pretty psyched by the fact you three have such positive reactions to these games. I’m definitely more pumped to get into these as a result.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@Thrillho I’m a little confused. You say 2nd game which would indicate you’re not counting the prequel (Old Blood) or Youngblood (guess you could call it a spin-off since you don’t play as B.J.) but it was Youngblood that had weaker reviews and that’s actually the 4th game
W2: New Colossus actually had the best reviews.

Either way - I don’t think the next one will be on PS5 - if there even is a next one.

@colonelkilgore As for the Doom games - I thought the 2016 one was an extremely fast paced hardcore shooter but then Doom Eternal came out and it makes the 2016 Doom feel like easy mode slugfest lmao.

Voltan

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m not very into FPS either and I enjoyed DOOM 2016. It’s not really that tactical, more like one of those twitch, quick reaction types. It actually has a reasonable story, and its not very long as I recall. I actually considered getting Doom Eternal after playing 2016, so that might tel you something. I’d been waiting for the price to drop, but then now I’ve kind of just forgotten about it. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Voltan it’ll be interesting as I generally consider myself quite a methodical gamer… but I also think gaming at its best is when you hit that ‘flow’ state. I’m guessing that Doom and Eternal (& although slightly off topic, something like Returnal) are so frenetic that you have to get into the flow pretty much exclusively to succeed.

@Th3solution just blown away by how many people enjoyed Doom… guess I really slept on these huh? 🤔

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I don't remember how much of this was already in the '16 Doom but Eternal makes stay on the move and use every tool at your disposal in every single fight. You don't really even get to have a favorite weapon, you'll always need them all (both because ammo is limited and because each weapon is more effective than others against specific enemies).
It has some very arcade'y mechanics - like the fact that enemies will always drop armor pickups if you set them on fire and always drop ammo if you kill them with the chainsaw
Anyways, it's really good

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan sounds awesome & a little intimidating 😅 at the same time. I’m gonna play through Ghost of Tsushima (started it today… and I have next week off, should be done by next Thursday/Fri) then I’m gonna start Doom and Watch Dogs.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Doom 2016 does have a similar kinetic feeling of Returnal and Control whereby you are just always needing to be on the move during combat. Hiding behind cover will usually get you killed in a few moments. So it takes some getting used to. Especially after playing Ghost of Tsushima where, depending on which path you take, the opposite is often true. Any first impressions of Ghost?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution even though I’ve heard all the glowing reactions and such… I’m actually still a little taken back by how good it is. It normally takes my between 5-10 hours to truly feel at home in (to properly sync with) a game but GoT gripped me instantly. I’m really enjoying it.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

Finally bought Disco Elysium yesterday, to play through it together with my partner. Obviously I died twice in the first five minutes after having created my character and had to go through that nonsense all over again. That was quite cheap, but does the job of communicating to the player that you can't just go out and do anything, without it having some kind of consequence.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

My partner suprised me a few nights ago with a very out of the blue, but very appreciated, gift of Nioh 2.

She doesn't game or really get it at all but regardless she's supportive of this daft little hobby of mine regardless ha ha 😁

Was on clearance for £15 at Argos too which is a pretty damn good deal. Dunno if it's still available if anyone's interested though.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- yeah, I do have my eye on Scarlet Nexus… everyone playing it right now reckons that it’s proper fun gameplay-wise but pretty poor narratively. It’s nice to have both but if you can only have the one, that’s the one I go for.

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

Just bought MK 11 Ultimate from Smyth's for £20. Figured I might as well seeing as they've announced end of support... Surely they're not going to release another disc just to include a few costumes... Surely?!

I did get the Xbox version though, hopefully it's ok to post about that here. I mean it's a multiplat so it's not like it will be different on either console. I just have the mid gen upgrade of Xbox so I normally buy multiplats on that now.

Does anyone know what is not included in the Ultimate edition? I need to keep an eye out on the store for when the remaining DLC goes on sale. I don't think the store will show what is "owned" from the disc as I've bought a physical copy.

I think it's only the classic movie pack that's missing. Not sure though as I've not kept up with the different content drops for this game

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny I'm pretty sure anything that is included on the disc won't be available for purchase from the store for you, once you have downloaded and installed everything.

I don't own the game or have an Xbox, but I seem to remember that being the case on the PS store for Batman Arkham Knight and other games that I can't think of now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic