Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 4,206

Bentleyma

Just bought LEGO City Undercover for £11.99. I fancied something more laidback and I’ve been wanting to buy it, but the £44.99 price tag was putting me off.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JJ2

A few days ago I bought Dark Soul 3 The Fire Fades (+dlc) from Amazon for £24 but now I see its already got down to £21.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

colonelkilgore

@JJ2 slight downer but don’t worry, it’s definitely well worth the £24 you paid.

**** DLC!

JJ2

@colonelkilgore
Yeah I don't mind too much.
It's funny because it's the xbox advertising the frame boost mode for this game that reminded me and got me hyped to play it on PS5.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

colonelkilgore

@JJ2 it’s even funnier that the media are making a big song and dance about the frame boost when it’s been locked to 60fps on PS5 since last November. Most of the GamePass fan club media chose to leave that out of the headline though 🥱

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Bit of a splurge-day for me I guess, so on top of the game I picked up from Amazon (PS5 thread), just picked up Cloudpunk, Curse of the Dead Gods and Outer Wilds in the summer sale.

**** DLC!

R1spam

@colonelkilgore hope you enjoy outer wilds. I played it recently and was one of the most memorable games I've ever played! Avoid spoilers and enjoy 😀

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

colonelkilgore

@R1spam yeah it sounds a trip to be fair… I’ll be sure to tag you once I’ve played through it 👍

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Picked up Blasphemous in the summer sale. It's been on my wishlist for an age, and I played the demo on Switch which I enjoyed. A lot of additional content has been added since its been released like extra cut scenes, dialogue, areas. The beginning area is totally different to what i played in the demo for instance.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I picked up Blue Fire. It’s meant to be like Zelda meets Dark Souls. The PC version reviewed well, so I’m expecting it to be good!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- looks pretty interesting that, let us know your thoughts once you’ve put some time in… I’m already tempted, just need a final nudge.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

With the start of the Olympics in swing and a couple of entertaining streams by Playstation Access I've purchased the tie-in game. Should turn up later today so I'm eager to set some world records.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

Wait, I'd save how much...?!

Untitled

Oh, go on then.

And it's actually four games, as Ace Combat 7 included a port of a previous PS2 game. It's not often I get to take such advantage of a PSN sale, so I'm properly made up right now!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

So picked up three more games in the sale for a combined total of just under £25.
1) Children of Morta.
Procedurally generated dungeon crawler roguelite. Should be right up my street.
2) Grid.
Sometimes I feel the need, the need to... drive around like an amateur.
3) Othercide.
Coz it's the coolest looking game I've seen in a long while.

No idea when I'll get time to play them though. This is why my backlog never gets any smaller. Currently getting my backside handed to me by Hollow Knight & Dead Cells as well as enjoying(!) the seemingly endless grind that is Tales of Beseria.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Yeah love that the store does that. It's like when shops show how much you'd save if they charged a price no one ever paid. Makes it seem like exceptional value.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@Sorteddan How’re you getting on with Hollow Knight? One of my favourite games from the generation!

Thrillho

sorteddan

@Thrillho
Trying to reach the second dreamer (above city of tears) but progress repeatedly halted by numerous Watcher Knights. So alternating between failing that and failing the second trial to try and get ore needed for nail upgrade.
Not one of my favourites, I find the constant defeats frustrating.
And I know... Get Gud. I tried. I didn't.

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Even during a PSN sale, when such insane percentages are being thrown around, I do a quick lap of Amazon and GAME to see what the "true" values are. Those savings aren't nearly as impressive as the above, but they're still savings. It's a game in and of itself sometimes!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic