Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 4,206

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yeah, the dodge move looks very similar. And multiple enemies on screen at once attacking from all angles and positions with no meaningful cover, along with a focus on verticality of the battlefield with levitation / grappling hook. If it’s similar then I should be in for a treat because I couldn’t get enough of Control.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution a solid yes to all those things... though from what I gather Returnal will be significantly harder. I’ve lost count of the peeps I speak to, and podcasters that I listen to who noticeably tremble at the mere mention of biome 3 and the homing missing drones of terror! Good luck 😉.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@Th3solution I guess there are some similarities between the combat in Control and Returnal but movement in the latter is significantly faster and it there’s definitely a bigger focus on dodging bullets. Either way, I don’t see how anyone could dislike the combat in Returnal unless they just hate shooters and action games in general.
There are reasons why Returnal is not for everyone but the shooting is not one of them

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I’m still in the process of palate cleansing before tackling it, but I expect I’ll be gushing and wanting to talk about it [Returnal] when the time comes. Even if the similarities with Control are shallow, I didn’t want to spoil the experience with ‘frenetic shooter’ fatigue.
That, and the bugs early on gave me pause. Sounds like the major patching has all been complete at this point though.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Voltan as I’ll be playing this (Risk of Rain 2) before Returnal, do you think that there are much similarities between the two? Obviously not ideal to deduce the answer from just having viewed some gameplay as opposed to actually playing it but you may be able to identify some parallels if they’re there.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've not had one crash in my 90 odd hours of playing Returnal, so I think you will be ok in that respect. The only bugs have been minor such as the sudden sounds bug and some enemies getting stuck in scenery, which I only experienced in the first 20 hours or so.

The game just feels awesome to play with the DualSense and 3D audio making it a sensory overload. And yeah the combat is top. There are a few difficulty spikes which will be interesting to see if you can get over.

And not once have I even thought about the price of game. Even if I was to stop now before I've completed the game I would feel satisfied. Disappointed from not being able to finish the game but still satisfied with the experience. Personally the price would only come into play if I only played it for a few hours and not enjoyed it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@colonelkilgore They do look somewhat similar at a glance but I guess it's mostly that they're both 3rd person sci-fi shooters

Voltan

Bentleyma

Because I have more money than sense, I just pre-ordered Dark Alliance before waiting for reviews. Just fancied something I can co-op with my brother.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

GoodGame

'Song Of Horror' on dics for the 29th of this month. Only £27,85 delivered for the special edition

Edited on by GoodGame

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

Bentleyma

Bought Guilty Gear -Strive- and Resident Evil Village. Randomly decided to buy them when I was browsing the PlayStation Store and realised it’s payday this week. 🤪

I need help!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Ghost Runner on the PS Store sale, looks pretty awesome.

(& the two Riddicj games on PS3... Butcher Bay and Dark Athena).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
I also thought it looked pretty awesome but mixed reviews kind if put me off. Hope you enjoy it whenever you get around to it. Let us know how it goes in one of the the what are you playing threads coz the idea of dystopian ninja parkour definitely has something alluring about it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan will do, I do tend to enjoy parkour in games if done properly. Mirror’s Edge and Dying Light are probably the only games I’ve played that did that and I really enjoyed both. From watching a few reviews I gotta feeling I’m gonna like it.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Can’t remember exactly who it was but someone on here brought attention to Snowrunner, I’ve been keeping an eye on it ever since but it seems to rarely go on sale. Just managed to grab both Mudrunner and Snowrunner though for a combined £40, so quite happy.

**** DLC!

fatboyron

Today I picked up but nice steelbook edition of the last guardian and PlayStation All-Stars battle royale both of 15 quid both immaculate really can't be happier

fatboyron

RogerRoger

@fatboyron Wow, nicely done! I'll bet that steelbook for The Last Guardian is worth a smidge more than fifteen quid in collector's circles!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Wolfenstein Alt History Collection - not a massive first person shooter fan but after chatting to a mate recently who wouldn’t shut up about the Wolfenstein games (minus Newblood) and Doom games I’ve been mulling it over. Already had Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal (though I’m yet to play either… just installed 2016 though) and just picked up the Wolfenstein collection for £30.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic