Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,206

tomassi

I just purchased some family games I can play with my wife and kids - Jackbox Party Packs 1 and 2 (£7 and £8 in the store sale at the moment) and What the Dub? which is fun and was only about £5/6. We have some good fun on the Playlink games such as Chimparty, That's You and Frantics but thought I'd get some fresh additions.

tomassi

Porkman85

Last purchases made together this week were Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition (£18.99) and 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (£22.49 - bargain!). Both seem brilliant so far.

I seem to be slowly but inexorably moving away from the big first party blockbuster games in favour of mid and indie scale games. It's certainly good news for my wallet, and less buyer remorse too from any bad decisions!

Porkman85

RogerRoger

Not technically a purchase yet, but I'm totally pre-ordering Sonic Colours Ultimate before September!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Picked up God of War III Remastered, MediEvil, the Pedestrian, & Unravel Two in the current sales. Just over $40 for the bunch.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

fatboyron

Real bargain today death stranding for £4 in Tesco's
I already own it digitally but for £4 I love that game first platinum I ever took me about 180 hours to get it but I loved every minute of it

fatboyron

R1spam

@Jecht_Ultima I understand its devicive title but found the gameplay a huge step forwards vs the first game. Enjoy! I've been shopping there today too but got ghost of tsushima for £24 after using my points

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

colonelkilgore

That indie sale on the store is dangerous! Just popped on for a browse, next thing I know I have 10 new games and I’m £60 lighter! Still, got some bargains on games I’ve been keeping an eye on for a while... Rime, Risk of Rain 2 and Nex Machina... and 7 other games which just seemed so cheap it would be rude not to.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Are those going on your 2030 schedule?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder 🤣 kind of... in all honesty I haven’t scheduled past December 2023, every game after that point (of which there is currently around 200) is just provisionally down as ‘sometime in Jan 2024 or thereafter’.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’m trying not to cave and buy Disco Elysium and The Pathless. FF7R Intergrade drops soon and then R&C and I still haven’t started Returnal yet. These sales are making it very difficult to keep from expanding my backlog.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I do want both Disco Elysium and The Pathless but I’m kinda hoping that i’ll be able to get a better bargain on them eventually if I wait it out a bit (think it was just £5 off each of them at the mo). I plan on picking up Returnal too eventually, I think I’m gonna love it. I’m gonna play Risk of Rain 2 before I play Returnal though as I want a little rouge-like XV in the tank before I take it on.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore The only rogue-like I’ve played to completion before was Dead Cells and it was 2D with a Metroidvania twist. I liked it better than I expected to, but I’m very naive to the genre otherwise.
I got warmed to the Returnal combat with Control though, I think there is a similar kinetic vibe. But I’m taking a small break with some slower games first.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I’d imagine endgame Control does play (at least in terms of the shooting and manoeuvring) somewhat similar to the freneticism of Returnal (from what I’ve seen of Returnal anyway).

**** DLC!

fatboyron

The pathless is definitely a worthwhile pick up. Just picked up mint condition PS4 pro death stranding edition on Facebook for £210 absolute bargain

fatboyron

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic