Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 4,199

Bentleyma

@Thrillho At first I thought it was overpriced, but if you think about it, you’re getting a lot of play time out of all three games, so £60 doesn’t seem too bad.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- Absolutely. But I’ve got plenty of other stuff to play and seeing as it’s PS4, it’s more likely to have a price drop at some point.

I still have Ghost of Tsushima to get to first!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman I actually thought inFamous 2 was very high in quality as far as the PS3 era goes... it does seem like they didn’t pay Second Son and First Light the same level of attention though (I’m yet to play them but from what I’ve been told that is). Still, it does seem that Ghost of Tsushima has been the mark of their ascension to Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Santa Monica levels.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@colonelkilgore
That's the thing, if you asked me for a synopsis of each Uncharted game, I could give you a fair amount of detail. Infamous 2, I can't recall any details of the plot. I do remember they controversially changed Cole a fair bit. But of course there's quality and then there's being memorable.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman infamous and infamous 2's quality was in the playability for me... Uncharted's quality is more in narrative and presentation. As a result I can see why people would remember the story of Uncharted more than that of infamous... but by the same token I remember flowing through infamous 2's map telekinetically hurling cars at enemies over taking cover in Uncharted 😉

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

I randomly bought Doraemon Story of Seasons while it’s on sale. Been playing it for the last 8 hours and it’s really good. It’s nice to have a relaxing game that’s similar to the Animal Crossing series.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- I clicked play on that trailer thinking that the lack of anthropomorphic characters would be weird, but I actually really like the look of that. Very charming!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger I love the look of the game. It’s nice to play something upbeat. Definitely worth the £8 I paid for it.

Bentleyma

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- Oh, bargain. I'll keep its name in mind, thanks for sharing!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@RogerRoger £8 is the sale price. I think it’s usually £34.99.

I pre-ordered Biomutant. So much for trying not to spend money on games!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- @colonelkilgore God, I hope Biomutant does end up being good. I’ve tried to keep an eye out for it during development but they had periods of 6-12 months where there’d be nothing at all on their social media or the game’s website.

I’m just amazed it is releasing at all to be honest.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho it might just me my natural optimism but I kinda feel the project doing dark was due to it generating considerably more interest than they expected back when it was first unveiled. So they must've thought, we got a genuine shot at making something big here, maybe we can reevaluate how much we can get out of this product and put some extra time in if necessary to maximise its potential.

Or it could just as easily be development problems and the games garbage, anyones guess is as good as mine right now. I hope it's the former though

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore i guess it will be a sleeper hit.

a damn good polished and fun game.

whatever the reason of the very long silence and long development,i think it will pay off and it will play in the game's favour.

early impression from youtubers etc seem to be exiting aswell.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 good to hear that the early impressions seem positive. I won't get around to playing it for a while anyway (at least a year probably) but it is something I plan on eventually playing through depending on reviews and user impressions.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

mookysam

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD arrived earlier today. I won't start it until I've finished the various Persona spin-offs, but I'm pretty excited. It's also nice that we get the proper name, as the PS2 original was titled "Lucifer's Call" owing to a trademark issue.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

I mean to be fair Lucifer's call is a pretty apt subtitle @mookysam (albeit increcibly on the nose)

... I actually saw someone playing the game early with the deluxe edition (via steam) and that you can play the original version of the game (The one without the fiend battles, the labyrinth of amala, Dante/Raidou and the true demon end) and I honestly can't see why they included it myself.

It's a nice little thing I guess... But the expanded version adds so much I just can't imagine EVER playing the base version of it!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

WCB

I've been on a horror kick lately so decided to pick up Forbidden Siren and Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition on a whim from the current sales.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Voltan

Last week I acquired Star Wars Squadrons... still haven't even unpacked it and I'm not sure when I will but it seemed like the right thing to do at €8

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic