Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,199

HallowMoonshadow

I really fancy another rpg in a similarish vein to Divinity: Original Sin II so I ended up buying a copy of Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Definitive Edition for only £12.

Heard it was a bit buggy at launch but looking around it seems to have been patched up quite a bit (Plus it's the studio's very first game and came out in 2020 of all things so I can't fault it too much on that front from the outside looking in at the moment).

Most likely I'll save it to the summer holidays so I'll have the time off from teaching to actually play it in a somewhat reasonable fashion... though my poor partner is gonna hate it if it sucks me in just as bad as Divinity did... 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Voltan Yeah, that's definitely a good price for Squadrons. Will you be playing it in VR?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Nope, don't have the VR set (100% gonna get the new one when it's out though).

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan No worries; I played it without VR and found it very worthwhile regardless (and I paid twenty quid for my copy, so you'll be enjoying double the value).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Voltan Murphy’s Law strikes again if it turns out to be true that Squadrons is on PS Plus next month after all. The rest of us appreciate you for making your offering to the gaming gods on our behalf so we can get it for ‘free.’ 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I saw that and if it turns out to be true, I'll probably never even put the disc in my console 😂
At that price I'm not even mad though

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan True — €8 is nothing. You can resell it on the secondhand market for that. At the local game store a used copy is going to $18.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

fatboyron

Just picked up really mint condition death stranding DualShock 4 lovely bit of kit

fatboyron

mookysam

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yes, it is an appropriate title. Those fiends almost drove me to madness! I remember/have occasional flashbacks of being ambushed on a highway by Hell Biker just after exiting a dungeon, and then struggling to beat him as it's quite early in the game. My memory is hazy, but I think I couldn't go back to grind. I'd like to play with Dante in the remaster, but am not paying what they're charging! Do you know if the remaster is otherwise the same as the original European release? I can't imagine playing without all the additions you mention, either.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Can't honestly recall Hell Biker being a problem myself aside from him increasing his turn count. Pretty sure he's on the way to a dungeon? From Ikebukuro to the prison if I recall correctly? 😄

I haven't got the SMT 3 remaster myself just yet but as far as I'm aware @mookysam you'll have the choice of new game (Which is the vanilla version of the game) or new game... Chronicle I think it's called?

And yeah for the Chronicle version of the game Raidou Kuzunoha (And Gouto the cat) is swapped in for Dante. Nothing else is changed I think beside that compared to the version we all know and love...

Untitled

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

I just bought The Last of Us Part 2 from Argos (I haven't played either TLOU game before) and I got ID'd 😂

I am 31 and I look old, receding hairline, goatee beard and stubble but I am still mega flattered to get ID'd for it hahaha. I guess my beard was covered by my mask. I literally don't think I've ever been ID'd for a game before, even when I was a teenager buying restricted games. I remember one of my mates getting his sister to buy Vice City for him back then and finding it amusing because I'd never had to do that (then again, I don't think I bought Vice City when it came out)

See ya!

Voltan

@ralphdibny While I do believe TLOU2 is the better game, I'd suggest playing TLOU Remastered first! Pretty sure you can get it dirt cheap these days.

Voltan

ralphdibny

@Voltan I got that the other day too, don't worry. I wouldn't play a sequel without playing the first one! 90% of the time anyway lol

I just wanted to have the second one lined up for after I finished the first. Probably won't get around to either for some time anyway!

See ya!

ralphdibny

Omgosh I need to stop buying games, I just bought Mile Morales PS4 for £35 on Amazon.

This week I've also bought...
Blacksad Limited edition physical on Xbox £15 Amazon
Hitman definitive Xbox £10 the game collection
Hitman 2 Gold new and sealed xbox £18 eBay
Red Faction guerilla Xbox £5 - digital
Psychonauts VR PS4 -£8 digital

I think I am about to go back to Argos and buy Wolfenstein collection for £20 too, god help me 😭😂.

Edit: I've been trying to work out if Wolfenstein actually has all the games on disc in the UK, looks like it's got two games on disc and a dlc code for the other 2 games in the US and Europe and I guess we generally get similar releases to Europe but not always. Screw it, it's not worth another trip out today I think!

@Voltan just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on TLOU by the way, not sure if I was rude by not saying thanks in my original reply so thought I'd just drop a quick thanks for it!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Crysis Remastered in the sale. I know it reviewed poorly at release but I always fancied playing the original Crysis and I think I remember Digital Foundry mentioning that it runs a lot better on PS5.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@ralphdibny I enjoyed Blacksad, but it’s a bit of a mess technically. I played it on a PS4 Slim, so it might fare better on a PS4 Pro or PS5.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

mookysam

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Can't honestly recall Hell Biker being a problem myself aside from him increasing his turn count. Pretty sure he's on the way to a dungeon? From Ikebukuro to the prison if I recall correctly? 😄

Ah, I couldn't remember exactly. My party may have been a little underlevelled at that point, so I'll be sure to be a bit more prepared. I didn't know what Raidou Kuzunoha looked like, but he has a pretty cool design and outfit, complete with cape, so I'll happily stick with him and Gouto. 😁 Is he the one from Devil Summoner?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ralphdibny

@Bentleyma- it was a game that just had a striking look and a compelling concept and well, the reviews dropped and it was a buggy mess. It's a real shame. I never picked it up for that reason.

I saw it on the MS store for £6-7 and nearly pulled the trigger but I decided to just finally take the plunge and get the physical version for £15.

But yeah, had never even heard of Blacksad until that game come out. I'd be quite keen to pick up the translated graphic novels at some point!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah he's from the PS2 era Devil Summoner games @mookysam.

We only got the first game Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army over here in the UK though (and like Persona 3 was published by Koei in europe so it's a pretty limited printing of discs so best to pick it up off PS3 PSN unless ya wanna spend £80+ for a physical PS2 copy).

You'd have to have an american PSN account on your PS3 if ya wanna get your hands on the sequel Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon.

Only played Soulless Army myself.

It has some pretty good music, the late 1920's setting is really rather neat and there's some good characters there too but the combat's rather lacklustre in my opinion (as it's really quite button mashy) and the story's ok... I guess? It's really hard to talk about without spoilers as it's a bit... out there lol

I've heard the sequel gives you two demons in combat (You only have one in army) and it also brings in the traditional Chaos, Law and Neutral alignment stuff from the mainline SMT games as well for multiple endings and scenarios too. I think it has a better reception overall too?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic