Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 3,253

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution Thanks, I've started playing it already, got the obligatory 'Path of the Stars' trophy. What game(s) are you playing yourself at the moment?

N.B I may need to restart and adjust the various difficulties, but I've selected a reasonable overall difficulty thus far, and should like to see where that takes me before any resetting comes into play.

N.B 2 - Are you sure I couldn't ever tempt you to take up the Dark Souls games? If you've platinumed God of War then they really won't be as hard as you think they are.

Edited on by TheBrandedSwordsman

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I actually haven’t had game time since finishing Uncharted 1. I think I’ve decided to not binge the UC series, so I’m holding off in UC2 for now and will play something else in between. I have Persona 5 in the background but I’ll probably start a shorter adventure. I’m leaning toward The Outer Worlds, but I won’t decide until I actually sit down and choose.

And I definitely have considered another foray into the Dark Souls Universe. I bounced off of the first game years ago. I actually own the 3rd game (even the Fire Fades Ed.) because I bought it on sale many moons ago. It’s been on my short list to play at some point. I like the fact that most people say it’s the closest to Bloodborne, gameplay-wise, which I really enjoyed. We’ll see.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution I agree with what other people say about it being close to Bloodborne, but it's either slightly easier of harder depending on your personal playstyle, it's definitely easier than Dark Souls 1, so yeah, give it a go, I don't think you'll have to 'git gud' with your Bloodborne experience, but you will certainly have to 'prepare to die'. 😜.

N.B Tag me if you do play The Fire Fades ed. of DS3.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution @TheBrandedSwordsman

Don't know about the difficulty of the base games themselves, I kinda find the difficulty of all 3 Dark Souls to be quite equitable... BUT the Ringed City dlc (which you'll obviously have included in the Fires Fade edition) is tough. Imho the toughest part of any of the 'Soulsbornes'... and brilliant to boot. Only the Old Hunters dlc from Bloodborne compares really.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @TheBrandedSwordsman I’m kind of nervous to try DS3, because I know there’s a bit of work before it gets satisfying. Is there a section early on like in Bloodborne that I can play the same group of enemies over and over to level up? Does it have the mechanic like Bloodborne where you can’t spend echoes to upgrade until you wake up the doll by meeting the first boss?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution can’t really think of a decent early game farming spot, you could just treat the High Wall of Lothian like Central Yarnham I suppose, don’t think it would be such a quick souls/echoes grind though. The one consolation is that you don’t have to face the first boss before you can start levelling (well ‘technically’ you don’t have to do that in Bloodborne either if you locate and use Madman’s Knowledge but anywho...).

Basically, I think you’d surprise yourself Sol (yes I saw the chitchat on abbreviated names 😉), when the mood strikes you (I think that can be a big boost when taking on a Souls game without too much experience) just go in with realistic expectations and treat it like a game of inches. There’s no rush, enjoy the level-design and aesthetic while chipping away at it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

TheBrandedSwordsman

@Th3solution Yeah in the High wall of Lothric you can't really grind so easily as my good friend @colonelkilgore has said, but you face a powerful boss fairly early on who is a real test of your mettle, if you can defeat him you should be able to level up about 3 or 4 times early on, with the souls you get for defeating him, and you can just put all your points into Strength or Vigor/Vitality or if you want or evenly distribute them you can do that as well. Or you might have enough souls to buy one 'Ember' from the Shrine handmaid, next stop after defeating the first boss is Firelink Shrine these allow you to summon help against bosses, functioning in the same way as 'Humanity' from Dark Souls 1, in Dark Souls 3, then, even if you under-leveled, you could just summon help to take on the next boss, even though I wouldn't recommend this as he isn't particularly hard to defeat.

Thrillho

@Th3solution I’m not the greatest at those games but don’t remember having too many problems early on in DS3.

Thrillho

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman I just bought it now too, 2 hours before sale ends 😁
Only played the first reboot, so I now have two in my backlog to look forward to 🤸

bluedex

Bentley-Ma-

Just decided to buy Taxi Chaos. Downloading it now. I know it's not going to be as good as Crazy Taxi, but I'm going to play the Crazy Taxi soundtrack on Spotify while I play it. Seems like it'll be better with The Offspring blaring in the background...

Edit: The game is pretty bad. Definitely not worth the £24.99 I paid for it.

Edited on by Bentley-Ma-

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Mat-Ben-

TheBrandedSwordsman

@bluedex Aren't we the lucky ones eh? .Tag me when you're playing through it so we can have a jolly old natter about it.

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman Indeed. Will do..but I reckon its gonna take a while for me to get to it. I have The Witcher, Until Dawn, RE4, Rise of the TR, Inside, UC4, HZD, RE7 and Nier Automata ahead of it in the list!

bluedex

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I got Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (The version which includes the Trish & Lady costumes along with some other stuff) yesterday for £7.50. The standard edition was on sake for £6 so £1.50 for all the extra stuff? Not bad at all.

Like hell am I even attempting to reach that platinum though! That list is bonkers

I also ended up buying Monster Sanctuary for £16 cus I quite like the look of it and it being a turn based rpg with metroidvania like platforming and exploration mixed in with monster taming elements really intrigues me.

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

PSN: GoddessFoxy-E. PLEASE tell me who you are from PushSquare when adding me or I WON'T accept the request.

RogerRoger

@Bentley-Ma- Sorry to see some instant regret over Taxi Chaos up there. Visuals don't seem too bad, but that gameplay looks a little ropey!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@Bentley-Ma- Never played the original Crazy Taxi, I learnt about it yesterday watching Kinda Funny's impressions on it. But it sounds like the most boring parts of GTA made into a game.

Kidfried

Bentley-Ma-

@RogerRoger The gameplay is ok tbf, there's just not a lot of it! One map and only 3 similar modes means the game gets boring fast. It's just so genetic too. Doesn't have the style that Crazy Taxi has.

@Kidfried Crazy Taxi managed to make driving people from A to B addictive. It was fun driving around and the cities were interesting to explore. Taxi Chaos is definitely more fun than the taxi missions in GTA, but not by a lot!

@TrueAssassin86x I'd say it's worth getting if it's on sale for maybe £10. That's if you really want something to scratch that Crazy Taxi itch.

Life is like a box of chocolates... I don't have a box of chocolates either.

PSN: Mat-Ben-

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman Absolutely. Just finished GOWiii remastered. Man is he one ANGRY dude! 😀
Lots of button mashing but still enjoyable. My favorite character had to be Aphrodite 😏

bluedex

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic