Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 4,206

colonelkilgore

Just picked up the Digital Collectors Edition of Alien: Isolation for under £10, heard good things about it.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore You're in for a treat. I'm too much of a pant-wetter to play it myself, but I started watching a playthrough on YouTube and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Even if you're not the biggest fan of the films, it's absolutely terrifying, and beyond atmospheric.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger nice... I’m not a particularly big fan of the films, which is strange when you consider how much of an over 40 uber geek I am (I absolutely love Aliens though)... but I’ve just heard so many little but positive remarks about this over the years that it finally caught up with me when I saw it reduced.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore It made me wanna revisit the films (which, sounds similar to you, I didn't fall absolutely head-over-heels for, but I enjoyed them enough) and, should I ever manage to grow a big enough pair, Isolation will be one of the first horror games I rush out to buy.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

J_Warrior

Grabbed South Park TFbW off amazon for like 12 bucks. I heard if you like the first one then you should like this one too, so I'm looking forward to it.

"Do not mistake my silence for a lack of grief."

Black_Swordsman

I got Nioh on PS4, Standard Edition, for 16 quid, the Complete Edition was tempting but 50 quid just seems a bit steep?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Col_McCafferty

I stumped up around £16 for Resi 3. Won't play this for another couple of months I reckon but have been giving Resistance a go or at least trying to.

It's a diverting enough experience but man, there aren't many people playing it. Finding enough players to start a game takes ages of it works at all. The concept is good but it does really feel half-finished at best.

Better to be able to create your own character, have more varied maps and objectives, maybe even try an actual turn-based approach for a new map or additional feature. I doubt anyone is working to improve it though, guess I just missed the boat when more people played it.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

Randomly started watching a 3 hour+ video about Darksiders 2 over the weekend (just auto-played after whatever else I was watching) and it tweaked my curiosity. Just picked it up (The Deathfinitive Edition 🤣) for a fiver.

I have 3 too as it was on PS+ a while ago, never played it though. I did intend on picking up the first Darksiders too but I couldn't find a copy.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just found a copy of Darksiders: Warmastered Edition for £9. So it’s just Darksiders: Genesis that I don’t have now, it doesn’t look as appealing to me as the trilogy though... I’ll see how much I like 1, 2 & 3 and then decide whether or not I’ll complete the quadrilogy.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Think I've got them all from Plus and Now at some point. Only played the first one on 360 though. I really liked it at the time but not sure if it has aged that well. It has Mark Hamill voicing a character, which automatically gets it 9/10 by me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder well that’s a nice surprise, Hamill is always a bonus.

I’m not expecting a ‘great’ deal from the series but I was a little intrigued by the way you play a different member of the four horseman in each game and that each game plays out in different aspects of the action adventure/action RPG genres with each entry. From what I’ve heard, the original is ‘quite’ old school God of War, the sequel is fairly 3D Zelda and the threequel is somewhat souls-like... and the fourth is like Diablo. That intrigues me.

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

Picked up Ghost of Tsushima the other day. Late to the party, but what an excellent game so far. Definitely one of the best games on PS4.

LieutenantFatman

johncalmc

I got those Yarny games because the bundle was like £3 on PSN. I'll probably never even play them honestly.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman You're not as late as me; I keep forgetting to add it to my various online baskets, even though I've hit the point where I'm just thinking "Heck, get it, you'll be ready for it soon."

Glad it's made such a strong first impression, although I gather that's quite a common reaction!

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Yes, much better than I expected. The thing about Sucker Punch is they've been making infamous games for a long time now. I enjoyed those but this is quite a leap in quality. The characters and their relationships are a lot more interesting here as well.

LieutenantFatman

Bentleyma

I just pre-ordered Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I’ve not played the original trilogy since I finished the third game shortly after it came out, so I’m hoping they’re as good as I remember.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- I’m pretty tempted too, played ME and ME2 on 360 and I remember really liking them. I did start ME3 on PS3 but never ended up finishing it for some reason.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Bentleyma- I think they’ll hold up well but I’ll wait to see if it drops in price a little and/or a PS5 upgrade does happen.

I have yet to play the first game in the series though so I look forward to being able to do that rather than just make the quick decisions that they put at the beginning of ME2.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman For some reason, I keep getting Sucker Punch and Insomniac mixed up. Perhaps because the latest Spidey games feel like natural evolutions of the inFAMOUS series, which I'm slowly playing my way through at the moment. Regardless, I can't wait to see what they do with Japan.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic