Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 4,206

bluedex

@TheBrandedSwordsman Seriously though, RPGs are just a different mindset, it's great but you have to play them a totally different way to other games... Which is the whole idea I guess!
Sorry about my amateur hour comments but I'm really a noob at this.

bluedex

Black_Swordsman

@bluedex You will find that as you go along and complete quests you will be able to level up, making Geralt a more adept fighter or magic user, however you see fit, channeling your xp points however you wish to.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

sentiententity

Latest purchase for me is The First Tree, for $2. And i gotta say, that was the right price. (At most)

The control is terrible and gameplay is extremely uninteresting and tedious. Feels like an amateur school project of someone just learning to make games. The nararration so far kinda matches the gameplay. This game is definitely no What Remains of Edith Finch. You'd easily find a better personal story narration on YouTube, for free.

I'll give it a little more time to see if the story improves. This would be a good Dreams project but as a commercial release, just... what.

sentiententity

TrueAssassin86x

Just recently nabbed a few games that where on sale and one or two cheap easy platinum games to play later.

• Mafia Definitive Edition
  • Project Cars 3 Deluxe Edition

Fan of games not consoles.

PSN: TrueAssassin86x

sorteddan

Latest ps4 purchase was Crossing Souls for around 3 quid from indie sale for my ever expanding backlog. Also quite tempted to snap up Minit and Hyper Light Drifter before the sale disappears

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

I also took advantage of the big indies sale also grabbed one of those indie collection packages that had Dear Esther in it. I got a couple others thrown in that I’ll likely never play (Hue, which I already had access to through PS Plus, and The Flame in the Flood) but the collection at $1.50 was cheaper than the game had ever been by itself, according to psprices.com. At that price, it’s basically free, and I have always intended to play Dear Esther because I like a good walking sim to chill out with from time to time.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
I know right, I can't remember a time when I could get so many games for so little expense since the days when they gave out stuff free with magazines (nostalgia for the oldies on here)! As to your purchase I recall finding Hue a pleasant diversion when it was ps+ freebie, puzzle platform with an interesting mechanic. Also recently picked up Flame in the Flood mainly because I liked the art style but haven't got round to it yet. Dear Esther is the only one of the three I wouldn't be interested in, walking Sims just not what I'm in to.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Sorteddan if you do ever get around to The Flame in the Flood, drop some impressions because I’m curious since I now own it. When I looked into it I was actually intrigued by the art style and aesthetic. I’m not much for the survival games and didn’t get along with Don’t Starve, but FitF looks like it does a few things differently.

And I can see how walking sims might not be for everyone, and I certainly have to spread them out between more gameplay intensive games. But when done right I enjoy a good virtual hike through a make-believe world.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Pditty1980

Just bought myself a copy of Deadpool, which is semi hard to get since Activision's license to make games with Marvel characters expired in late 2017!

I know reviews for it aren't brilliant (and I doubt there's a PS5 patch coming) but I love Deadpool and I'm sure I will enjoy it!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Thrillho

@Pditty1980 I seem to remember it having the easiest trophy of all time (being Deadpool, this is of course satirical).

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Congratulations on finding a decent copy of Deadpool out there! I've had similar difficulties tracking down copies of Activision's old Spidey games recently. Whilst I'm not hugely familiar with the Deadpool character, I've laughed at what I've seen of his game, so I hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Pditty1980

@RogerRoger
Thanks RogerRoger, I bought it from an Amazon Market Place seller, its a used very good copy so the case or inlay may be slightly damaged but the disk should be fine (which is what's important!)

Pditty1980

RogerRoger

@Pditty1980 Yeah, when it comes to those de-listed games, first priority is getting a copy which works; nice boxes are nice, but definitely secondary. Amazon Marketplace sellers are usually safe bets!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

MaulTsir

Bought Assasins Creed Oddesy Deluxe on the ps store sale for £16, I've been hoping that the base game would go down to about £12 for awhile now I got Origins at that price so felt like I would of liked to pay around the same but could never seem to get it less than £18 on disc. It's a game already in the backlog so looking forward to giving it a go eventually

MaulTsir

HallowMoonshadow

I've never actually played a proper Monster Hunter like game before (Well I tried a few demos of the handheld MH games and wasn't particularly keen) but I was interested in trying World when it released.

Seeing as God Eater Resurrection & God Eater 2: Rage Burst PS4 ports were in a bundle for only £6.74 (or something) on PSN in the sale that ended last night and after having liked Code Vein so much (Made by some of the same team, and the demo of the third God Eater was decent) I decided to give the God Eater series and the monster hunting genre a shot.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I hadn't played MH before but ended up putting quite a lot of time into World. A fun game that is very replayable (thankfully!) and good fun to play by yourself or with a group of randoms.

It took me a while to find what weapon I got on with though. I went with the lance in the end for long range attacks, the ability to attack enemies in the sky, but also the shield meant you could actually defend.

I wanted to go with something quick and agile but I wasn't good enough! I did play around with the projectile weapons later on though, particularly when playing in a group.

Thrillho

MS7000

Wanted a brand new PS4 controller as I am now having issues with my original PS4 controller (not outright broken, but having stick issues which I may look into fixing soonish), which I found strangely difficult to get wherever I looked. Might be looking in the wrong place but eh, I caved a brought a controller the only way I could; I brought the FIFA 21 + Controller bundle. Definitely not something I was ever planning on buying but at least I have a FIFA game I guess?

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

RogerRoger

@MS7000 Is the controller branded with a FIFA design, or is it a standard DualShock4?

Making It So Since 1987

MS7000

@RogerRoger Standard Jet-Black Dualshock thankfully. =)

I mean, I would have accepted it with the design if that was the only thing available, but I prefer more controllers in solid colours.

(Edit: Used wrong word for description)

Edited on by MS7000

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic