Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@EllieFan85 It would certainly fill a gap in my collection for that kinda experience (am not really a Nintendo gamer, and the Assassin's Creed series still feels a little daunting to jump into halfway through) so it had caught my eye before. If it's not too much trouble, you'll have to come back and let us know whether it holds up 'til the end. Enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

I just ordered Death Stranding with the DLC included, it's arriving on Monday @EllieFan85 Immortals: Feynx Rising sounds intriguing. Influenced by Greek mythology eh? Is it similar to God Of War then? How much have you played so far?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

EllieFan85

@TheBrandedSwordsman I would say it's a little similar-like Kratos, Fenyx can require special abilities from The Gods and Greek Heroes. Also in both games, Zeus is a complete A-Hole LOL. I usually love games built around Greek Mythology. I am also playing "Gods of Olympus" which is a mobile game in where you can play as Zeus and the other Olympians, as you smash City's and temples all over Greece. It's also fun but trying to get your levels and powers up can be a complete chore. https://www.godsofolympus.com/

As for "Immortals" I haven't even scratched the surface yet. One thing in this game that is extremely important, is STAMINA. You must increase your Stamina to last longer as in climbing Mountains, Swimming and even using special abilities while fighting, various opponents. If your Stamina depletes and goes kaput, your pretty much screwed(Especially when Climbing) so that's where I am at now-before taking on the main missions, I am trying to build stamina and level up as well.

Okay!!!

Thrillho

I picked up Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order after the re-upping of the thread recently as I'd been tempted for a while and it's back on sale.

Thrillho

EllieFan85

@RogerRoger I understand. I do have a Switch, but preferred to get this game for the PS4. It may be months when I get back to you in regards to finishing it LOL.

Okay!!!

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Feel free to tag me when you're discussing playing it man, I beat that game and would be happy to discuss it with you.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

Sakura Wars!

Managed to get a good deal on the launch edition with the stickers, so I pulled the trigger.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

colonelkilgore

So although I remember the reviews were absolutely garbage for it, I just picked up Metal Gear Survive. A guy that I’ve been playing MGS: Peace Walker with has been playing it and he reckons it’s a lot better than anyone gave it credit for at its release... and it was only £8 so even if it is terrible it’s not the end of the world.

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

@colonelkilgore I have heard it is not a bad game at all with friends. MGS5 has solid (!) gameplay so I don’t see how it can be that bad. I believe the Push Square reviewer thought it was alright and gave it an 8 (could be wrong).

I think it was probably going to be some sort of online mode that didn’t make the cut on the original game. Kojima was no stranger to including such modes. I guess Konami decided to cash in on it, especially after investing in the Fox engine.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

colonelkilgore

kyleforrester87 wrote:

...MGS5 has solid (!) gameplay so I don’t see how it can be that bad...

Ha nice! Yeah V played great... my mate said that there are a couple of changes to the controls but on the whole it places quite similarly. And the maps are essentially the same too, albeit slightly changed due to the event that has caused the need to ‘Survive’.

In regards to the fact that Metal Gear Survive did get some respectable reviews... I guess I wasn’t a follower of the series at the time so probably just heard and read the clip notes from certain aspects of the gaming media.

I may well never get around to playing it as it is pretty low down on the list of priorities on my backlog right now but it’ll be there if I fancy it I suppose.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It’s coming to Game Pass PC so I’ll probably end up playing it at the same time!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

Just picked up The Alliance Alive HD Remastered. I've already got so many JRPG's to finish, but I couldn't resist getting it while it was on sale. I'll start it once I finish Persona 5 Royal, Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Dragon Quest XI and Ys IX... So in several years.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Pditty1980

@Thrillho

I also got jedi fallen order recently its a great game, i bought a physical copy for 22 euro, the I upgraded to the deluxe version by buying the ps store upgrade for 10 euro

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

MaulTsir

I picked up Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for £2.39 on the psn store on sale until the 10th of Feb i think.

I had the other 2 thanks to ps plus so thought I'd pick it up to complete the trilogy will work my way through them this year probably

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir That's an absolute bargain for Tomb Raider. I saw it listed in the sale yesterday; a well-timed discount, considering Shadow of the Tomb Raider was just on PS Plus. Here's hoping you enjoy the trilogy, although I'd recommend taking breaks between them, because they're definitely incremental improvements over each other and so could blend together if played in close proximity.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

So recently picked up Yakuza Zero in the PSstore sale as it was so cheap and after watching a few reviews on YouTube it seems like I’ve been missing out on a classic. As I like to own the classics in physical form as well as the whole series from whence they are spawned, I’ve been eyeing up Y0, YK, YK2, Y Remastered Collection, Y6, Judgement and Y:LaD.

As Y0 is supposedly so good, so series vets suggest I start at 0, or save it to play after 6?

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I’m up to Y5 and it’s where I started so crack on!

The one thing is that as it was made after Y5, it’s really hit its groove with mechanics etc so some of the other games can feel a step back. The Kiwami remakes use the same engine so also look and feel great. 3-5 are slightly polished remakes so look clunky but are still good fun.

I know you say you like physical copies but many of the games are frequently on sale on PSN.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho cheers for the input. About the whole physical copies thing, yeah I’m just really old school and like owning stuff rather than virtually owning it... also, the missus and I are buying a new house (like literally new, it’s not even built yet) and I’m gonna have an actual gaming room (I game in the lounge atm), so I wanna have all my games on display, together with all my playstations etc.

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

@RogerRoger yeah I couldn't say no at that price, especially to complete the set. I haven't played tomb raider since ps1 but I loved the Uncharted games which I believe will be a bit similar so looking forward to giving them a go.

I probably will spread them out a little I've got such a backlog that it won't be a problem lol

MaulTsir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic