Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 4,206

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Although there are similarities with Uncharted, the Tomb Raider games do play quite differently. Less linear than Uncharted, in general, with a little less focused storyline as a result. Also the combat is more varied and less of a cover shooter. But thematically (3rd person adventuresome exploration in a wilderness type setting) they are cut from the same cloth. I enjoyed both series immensely. I’m actually planning a replay of the Uncharted series sometime in the next few months.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I ordered myself a physical copy of Yakuza 0 about a week before this recent psn sale @colonelkilgore and so far I'm really quite enjoying it (If my other posts around the forum didn't make it obvious already 😄).

It's my first Yakuza game too and it seems to lead on quite nicely to Kiwami 1 (Which uses the same stance system in fights as 0 I believe)

I also like to collect physical copies of games if I can too (especially with something I'm new too/not 100% sure on) so I can understand and thankfully all the games seem to be rather readily available on PS4 (Especially 0, Kiwami 2 and 6 being all part of the greatest hits range)

As for the actual topic

Devil May Cry HD Collection & Dead Rising 2.

I've never actually played the special edition of 3 with all the neat additions like Virgil, the jester fights & turbo mode etc... so to get DMC 1, 2 and the special edition version of 3 on ps4 for a tenner? Pretty good deal to me (That and my PS2 is starting to get a little temperamental)

Thanks to the guys in the game club for re-igniting my interest in the series as I've haven't played them in years!

As for Dead Rising 2 I only played it once on PS3 and I remember enjoying it quite a bit so for only £4.79 it was a pretty good bargain.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

MaulTsir

@Th3solution thanks for the input, definitely looking forward to playing them.

The Nathan drake collection was what got me back in to gaming after a bit of a gaming lay off, I spent about 2 or 3 years of just playing fifa or cod if I had time(probably why I have such a large backlog and seem to get to a game a year or 2 after release) but after a friend recommended me the uncharted series I remember I picked it up for about £15 about 2016 or 17 and I completed all 3 in about a week and a half I was hooked again from then on its been mostly single player games again for me, I absolutely loved the uncharted series and should give it a go again myself at some point its just finding the time

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir I’m with you on the backlog issue. Not too long before I discovered Push Square I had an extended lull in my gaming, only playing a few of the high profile titles off and on. So when I got back into gaming in a hardcore way, I was behind the 8-ball so to speak and had some catching up to do. I started snatching up all these titles that I heard about by frequenting Push Square and before I knew it I had dozens of games in my backlog and I’m still trying to get through it now 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yeah it might have been you to whom I mentioned previously that I had played Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise in reply to a glowing message regarding Yakuza Zero. I wasn’t fully sold on FotNS:LP but I have heard from a lot of people that while similar, it pales in comparison with the Yakuza games.

I’ll only be playing one (maximum 2) Yakuza games per year, so it’ll take me a fair old while to get through them. I will definitely post my thoughts on Zero/Kiwame once I have started them though.

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

@Th3solution haha yeah too many damn good game's to play and not enough time!! I blame the developers they need to slow down not us speed up 🤣

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir @Pditty1980 I think we’ll get a bit of a reprieve for the next 6 months or more. The game releases appear to be slowing down due to the generation switch and the pandemic effect. Time to catch up, mates!

Onigumo

what were the 3 games that you played the most this year and how many hours?

Onigumo

tangi_atori

I just got Assassins Creed Origins and love it. Tons of quests and a ridiculous sized map.

tangi_atori

DerMeister

Thanks to the current sale, I got Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and since a friend was playing it, Dead By Daylight. Both cost me $33, which is a steal for what is essentially 4 games.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I recently bought DMC HD Collection myself, not with this sale but the last one. I haven't played DMC1 or 2 ever, but playing 3 again is something I'm looking forward to. I'll be firing DMC1 up after I'm done with 5 for the game club. Glad to see more appreciation for the series!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

colonelkilgore

Just pulled the trigger on the physical versions of all the Yakuza games apart from Judgement and Like a Dragon... will probably wait for the PS5 versions of those.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Pditty1980

@colonelkilgore

I don't know about Juggernaut, but with like a dragon they have already announced you will get the free ps5 upgrade, (thought your save files won't migrate) so better to get the Ps4 version now!

I bought Yakuza 0 there a few days ago digitally (it was only 5 euro) and I have a physical copy of like a dragon which I haven't gotten around to playing yet!

Edited on by Pditty1980

Pditty1980

Pditty1980

What do people here think do you prefer digital or physical copies?

Personally I would normally prefer physical copies of games but because of the lock down (and lets face it, impulse buying) I have bought a few from the playstation store and it seems quite good!

Pditty1980

Bentleyma

I've just pre-ordered Persona 5 Strikers. Looking forward to it more now that I've just finished Persona 5 Royal. I'll take any excuse to spend more time with the Phantom Thieves!

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Pditty1980 I mentioned it previously but yeah I’m a physical guy... I’ve even taken to rebuying physical versions of games I own digitally, for ‘collection’ purposes.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

You've never played Devil May Cry 1 or 2 before @DerMeister? Did you start with DMC 3 then...?

I'll be looking forward to hear what you think of 1 and particularly 2 when you get round to it.

I've never thought 2 was incredibly bad myself like the general consenus of it is now. It's not the greatest of course... But after hearing about it's troubled production like a year or two ago frankly I'm amazed it launched as well as it does...

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Pditty1980 I used to be almost exclusively physical but then my PS4 had the disc eject issue (now fixed after opening the console and taping over the sensor!) so I got mostly digital. Now I almost only seem to buy games in PSN sales so I can't remember the last physical game I got.

FF7R was the only game I got at launch last year and even that was digital because of issues with stock.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Pditty1980 I’ve been a proponent of physical media for years, and I still probably lean that way if everything else is equal (price, availability, etc.) but gradually I’ve become more and more on the digital bandwagon. Just within the last year, especially.
I was recently playing two games back and forth (GoW and P5) that I have physical disc of both and I was annoyed at having to switch out discs if I got into a mood to change games. It sounds lazy, but it’s true. So now I prefer just having one main disc in the machine that I’m actively playing and then when I need a little break from it to play something else I prefer it be digital so I can easily switch back and forth. It’s strange but it actually affects what I end up playing! If I have to get the disc out then sometimes I don’t bother! 😅

But the biggest perk to physical is the ability to resell it or give it/lend it to others. Until they figure out a way to do that digitally, I’ll still buy at least a portion of my main games physically.

Edited on by Th3solution

JohnnyShoulder

@Pditty1980 Same as @Thrillho, I switched over to digital due to the eject disk error on my PS4. Now that I've got a PS5, I will start buying things on disk again. But most of the stuff I play recently is either from PS Plus, PS Now and games in my backlog which are mostly digital.

I tend not to hold onto games I have on disk either, I usually trade them or give them to friends/family once I've finished with them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic